Swan's 2018 Film Diary

→ in
Tools    

I'm going to rip off Cobpyth's format somewhat (unless he objects and hates me forever for it). I am going to stop doing ratings, which I have wanted to do for a long time but when I tried last everyone got upset about it. Well, I'm going to do what I want now.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I think I may make such thread myself. Movie Tab II is overrated.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

P.S. I deleted and restarted my Letterboxd account. Don't ask why. Follow me, if you want.

https://letterboxd.com/bdfolsom/

I'll stay tuned

January 3:

May
(Lucky McKee, 2002)

[REWATCH]

Angela Bettis gives one of the great horror performances ever in this flick. I like her dynamic with hand-man. She's a genuine weirdo while he's a try-hard.

January 4:

Creep
(Patrick Brice, 2014)

[NEW WATCH]

Enjoyable ride that really comes into it's own during the last twenty or thirty minutes. My friend called it predictable, I say it's playful about audience expectation.

January 6:

I, Tonya
(Craig Gillespie, 2017)

[NEW WATCH]

A badass, unconventional biopic about a fascinating and misunderstood individual. A lot of fun craft that might throw some people off. For me, I became adjusted to the direction pretty quickly and fell in love with it. It's message is not preachy at all but is something I hadn't really thought about before. Our society loves having someone to hate. The shot I posted above is the best shot of the film, hands down, and anyone who has seen the movie will likely agree.

I will of course. I just recently watched satantango, very good film although I lowered its ratings because of a personal problem with something done in the film

That's fine. Doesn't feel right to me applying a rating to a piece of art anymore, though.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
January 4:

Creep
(Patrick Brice, 2014)

[NEW WATCH]

Enjoyable ride that really comes into it's own during the last twenty or thirty minutes. My friend called it predictable, I say it's playful about audience expectation.
I really liked this and I dont particularly like the genre.

Creep is an amazing movie glad you like it !