X2: X-Men United

→ in
Tools    

i really enjoyed this movie...in the good old fashioned sense of "enjoy"...i felt like a kid, my eyes lit up watching the big screen action

as for the posts you guys have made, i have absolutely no idea what/who you're all talking about never read a comic book in my life

but i liked it

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by r3port3r66
Awful, awful. I'm not a fan, but I liked the first one alot better.
At least Kong wasn't the only one who didn't like the movie. As for logic problems, Kong didn't notice any, but then again Kong was never interested in the movie enough to actually think about such things.

Originally posted by Kong
Kong really hoped she'd get good roles after Monster's Ball, but apparently that didn't happen.
She signed on for two flicks originally, so she was obligated to reprise her role in the sequel. She's made it fairly clear she's not interested in coming back for a third, either. Thank God. Get Angela Bassett in that role right now. She is Storm.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally posted by jstyles21jg
Storm I felt gave an unbelievable performance..
I felt her role was really underwritten. Out of the entire cast, I'd say Storm was probobly the one I was least inpressed with. (Which isn't saying much, as I loved all of the characters, no matter how small. Stuff like this just happens with movies like this that employ so many characters. My point still stands.) Her performance wasn't really bad, just....well...I think that Halle is good looking, but I'm not sure she is the best person for this role.

Originally posted by Yoda

She signed on for two flicks originally, so she was obligated to reprise her role in the sequel. She's made it fairly clear she's not interested in coming back for a third, either. Thank God. Get Angela Bassett in that role right now. She is Storm.

I agree with you here. If Halle is out, I want Angela in.

Hi
I think the Hulk is a story that can't be told without CGI, unless there was extensive costume and makeup design. The TV show with Lou isn't completely faithful in regard to his size and look, they are going for a more comic related version and im fine with it

Originally posted by Yoda
Thank God. Get Angela Bassett in that role right now. She is Storm.
She very well might do a better job, but what are we talking about here? Five or six measly lines? Obviously the only thing they really care about Storm doing is looking good, so they'd probably replace her with Tyra Banks before Bassett. Bassett deserves better anyway.

I LOVED the movie! It was great, and Nightcrawler was my fav character

Angela Bassett was born to play Storm. What do you all think about Naomi Watts as Dazzler? I just saw "The Ring" again and thought she'd be fantastic as the sparkler on skates(with some funk-style added to her). I do believe the success of the X-men rides on the fact big stars are more or less avoided (Halle excluded) and that people really enjoy seeing breakout stars and shakespearean trained actors when appropriate-Jackman, Paquin, Cumming, McKellan, Stewart-now Cudmore.

-Avalanche, Psylocke, Marauders, Morlocks, Forge, Four Horsemen-We are waiting for your close-ups!

Lets put a smile on that block

I have nothing to say, Youve all said it for me (the ones of you that liked the film that is).....ok well i do have stuff to say. Saw this last night, nhot expecting much as i never have hope for sequels and i was blown away.
I think it may be becuase i watched this after watching big long clips for "Hulk", "Matrix Reloaded" and "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen", all films that i am desperatly looking forward to see, and after this i was in the mood for a good old fun, fighting, kick-ass film and thats exactly what i got. All the characters are AWSOME. Especially Magneto and Nightcrawler.
Plus im a big enough fan of the comics to know the Phoenix story line and i think i actually wobbled off the cinema seat with excitement when i first saw that fire in Gene Greys eyes....ooooh Brilliant.

Magneto is my personal favorite. He gets my Billy BadA$$ award for the week.

Its just you.

(Alan Cumming is awesome)

spidermans the best

Maybe so. They are difficult films to compare. I'd probobly agree with you.....wait....best of what?

A little tardy on the subject, but I saw a bit of resemblance between Stryker's son and Xavier's son Legion in the comics. Seemed liked a combined character of sorts. Who hopes the Rogue/Marvel Girl fusion(or something like a catalyst) for flight and strength happens soon? I'm prompted by my fiance's(non-fan...yet) comment on Rogue's almost non-participatory presence during crisis. She had no knowledge of her change later in the course of her life as villain. Have you all had the same great experience of post-X2 viewing conversation w/non-fans?,...going on like a blithering idiot on: what may be, perhaps, and "it would be so rad if-".
-Waiting for the elemental battle between the skill matured Iceman and Pyro-and those nifty iceslides,... shoot.

spidermans been the best for marvel and will stay the best till the second one

Originally posted by spark_no1
spidermans been the best for marvel and will stay the best till the second one
Well their best needs to get better then.

I personally think thatn those two movies are awesome. Keep up the great work.

Seemed too rushed, the story and the pace, must be due to all the caharacters crammed in but it was still good.
And Not enough Cyclops