Cole's Film Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Outside of IMDB, The Prestige is generally seen as one of the lesser Nolan films (still good on the whole, but lesser than Batman's/Inception/Insomnia)

Outside of IMDB, The Prestige is generally seen as one of the lesser Nolan films (still good on the whole, but lesser than Batman's/Inception/Insomnia)
Funny too because The Prestige is possibly my favorite of his.

Funny too because The Prestige is possibly my favorite of his.
Which is why other people's opinions don't really matter. But it has the lowest metacritic score and the second lowest RT score after Interstellar.

I haven't seen The Prestige but have always heard about it. I'm not a huge Nolan fan which is a pretty big reason why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Nevertheless, good review Cole! I can tell that you're improving on your review writing. Keep it up!

I have to return some videotapes.
Despite my dislike of both Hugh Jackman and, especially, Christian Bale, I recall rather liking The Prestige. It has been quite awhile since I last watched it, though.
Very surprised you liked it given the cast lol. Thanks for checking in

I haven't seen The Prestige but have always heard about it. I'm not a huge Nolan fan which is a pretty big reason why I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Nevertheless, good review Cole! I can tell that you're improving on your review writing. Keep it up!
Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Nice review, Cole, but no mention of David Bowie?

The Prestige is easily my favorite Nolan film, so too bad you're lukewarm on it. The first time I watched the movie, I wasn't sure whether we were expected to root for Bale or Jackman. Neither character is a hero or a villain (although I'd argue that both lean more toward the latter with the way their self-centered obsession destroys everyone around them). It's grey vs. grey rather than black vs. white. I could see some people disliking that aspect, but the lack of a clear moral center is what appealed to me about the movie. It kept things unpredictable since I didn't know which character would prevail. Plus, you know, David Bowie and magic!

I actually liked The Prestige quite a bit. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with it. It's one of my more preferred performances by both Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. It's been years since I saw it, but that was my impression. My favorite Nolan film is Insomnia. I didn't really care much for The Dark Knight or Inception, and I don't have any particular plans to even watch Interstellar.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I really enjoyed The Prestige. I haven't seen it for quite sometime but i remember really enjoying it.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

Nice review, Cole, but no mention of David Bowie?

The Prestige is easily my favorite Nolan film, so too bad you're lukewarm on it. The first time I watched the movie, I wasn't sure whether we were expected to root for Bale or Jackman. Neither character is a hero or a villain (although I'd argue that both lean more toward the latter with the way their self-centered obsession destroys everyone around them). It's grey vs. grey rather than black vs. white. I could see some people disliking that aspect, but the lack of a clear moral center is what appealed to me about the movie. It kept things unpredictable since I didn't know which character would prevail. Plus, you know, David Bowie and magic!
I didn't think he had a big enough part. But you know I can make some... ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!

I'm not really sure, I rooted for Bale (for obvious reasons) and I guess that kind of helped with my guess on the ending. I didn't have a problem at all not having morals, that is pretty cool and a mix up between movies being good vs evil. I don't really know what else to say, I just was expecting a bit more. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled of it beforehand though, because that would have made me more disappointed.

Thanks for checking in Cap!

I actually liked The Prestige quite a bit. I'm sorry to hear that you were disappointed with it. It's one of my more preferred performances by both Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman. It's been years since I saw it, but that was my impression. My favorite Nolan film is Insomnia. I didn't really care much for The Dark Knight or Inception, and I don't have any particular plans to even watch Interstellar.
Yeah Interstellar is WAY low on my list right now as well. For the next Nolan I watch, it'll probably be one of his earlier ones in Insomnia or Following. Those seem really interesting.

I really enjoyed The Prestige. I haven't seen it for quite sometime but i remember really enjoying it.
Yeah that's what a lot of people have been saying. I wish I could be like them but I can't.

Thanks for checking in though Optimus

You should watch Insomnia, it's a great movie. There's a Canadian actress I'm quite fond of, Katherine Isabelle, and she has a small role in it. She's the girl from Ginger Snaps if you ever saw that. Insomnia also has a great performance by Robin Williams.