Anybody actually have a film studies dissertation?! Emergency!

Tools    

I'm not sure if i'm even allowed to do this, but i'm out of options so i'll just give it a try. Feel free to move or delete this. Sorry if i'm causing trouble by doing this, but like I said, i'm terribly desperate right now.

Basically i waited until the last 3 days of my resubmission period for my film studies dissertation. Truth be told I had done at least half of it back in April, but it got deleted somehow from my computer, which meant I had to wait until the 29th of August to resubmit it. I just haven't had the time as me and my girlfriend are heading off to Japan to teach English in the middle of September. See, I don't want to have to spend ANOTHER semester doing the coursework as we have booked our tickets already. It's really a ****ed up situation and my girlfriend isn't even aware of it!

I know it's cheating and it's pretty much my fault i'm in this situation, but I truly am at a messed up without it. I did all the other assignments that are due this week, but that is the last hope i've got if I wanna go to Japan in two weeks. If somebody is willing to help me that would be great. If you happen to live in London, England then I am willing to meet up in person and pay a maximum of £100 in cash. Definitely can't afford to buy one of those dodgy websites. If you happen to live in England then maybe I meet somebody half way between London and whever the person is from.

I only need about 7,000 words worth then i'm saved. I don't even care about the quality as I might be able to embellish it. I just need it. ):

It only has to be related to film, nothing too specific. Even the financial aspects of it, i don't mind. Just desperate. **** it, i'll do almost ANYTHING for it.

Hope somebody can help

Mister (or is it Miss? or Not Sure Yet?),

Good luck with whatever happens. But if you want my advice... DRUM YOUR FINGERS ON THAT KEYBOARD ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT AND DAY TOMORROW WRITING ABOUT FILM, FILM, FILM IF YOU WANT TO ROCK ON IN JAPAN IN TWO WEEKS BADLY ENOUGH.

Do some searching, some book reading, whatever (no plagiarism!) while you write and, as Larry the Cable Guy would say, GIT R DONE!

I'm not gonna cry for you (though, I'm not gonna make you feel like a crap cheesecake either - I know about doing assignments at the last minute).

As Rupaul would say, YOU BETTER WORK!

Hi, thanks for the the reply and advice.

I'm really trying to make something out of nothing here and it really isn''t working. I had done half of this stuff back in April, but it just disappeared! I can't even remember nor do I have the adequate notes otherwise i'll be finishing it off right now!

Look, normally I wouldn't even think about doing this but like I said, academically speaking,i'm in the worst situation I have ever been. I know it's plagerising but I have no other choice, I really don't. Look, if somebody lives in London then I can exchange my PSP with two games plus £100 for this dissertation. I can give this stuff in person, I don't care just really need to sort this out then i'm free to do whatever I want. But that's all I can do. I can't do more than that, i'm afraid. If somebody would contact me if they can help that would be amazing too. I understand i'm asking a lot, but I did do half of it a few months ago and was just too upset to go through doing it again.

It only has to be between 7,500 words to 10,000. Hope somebody can help.

Look at the mark you need to pass this course. What if you write as much as you can and hand that in, you may get partial credit for it, enough to pass the course at least.
DO NOT plagerize! They will catch you! Simply by writing this on an open forum you are setting yourself up to be caught. If anyone in your real life knows you are on mofo and sees this, you are pretty much toast.

So write as much as you can and hand that it. It's not worth being caught plagerizing and being expelled.

Heh, i'm at the front end of your situation, meant to be starting mine now; not done any of the reading for it yet though. What's your subject on? I'd be hesistant to hand over any of my previously submitted work but would be more than happy to talk over ideas with you. Where you study btw?

The People's Republic of Clogher
I was feeling quite self-righteous until I saw the part about the PSP then my heart softened...

Sadly, the last film studies essay I wrote was ripped up c1992, minutes after me having a row with the tutor and walking out of the class for good.

As PT indirectly said - Someone who's willing to hand over their work mustn't be that proud of it to begin with...

And as gummo said - Look at the amount of visitors this forum gets as opposed to the amount of registered members at any one time.

I feel for you, really I do, mate...but I've done 10,000 word dissertations in a couple of days before and passed them. If I can do it I'm damn sure that you can. Good luck.

Sure you can bust one out over night anyway? And if you get caught plagaraising it's a fail anyway isn't it so leaves you in same situation. If you use JStor don't even need to go to the library as well.

I'm not going to remove this thread, because I don't think it's technically illegal, but I have to agree with some of the others here. I have a hard time believing that it's genuinely impossible for you to do this. You might not be able to write anything good, but you probably wouldn't get anything good for your money, either. And if you get caught, it won't have even remotely been worth it.

Don't do it. Make a pot of coffee and sacrifice a weekend to this thing. You'll be glad you did. I'm sure we'd all be glad to help with topics.

Ok, ok. I think you guys are right. I'm sorry if I overreacted I just panicked. Didn't mean to offend anybody as well by asking, was just desperate and sunk way lower than I have ever done before.

I'll have to do an 'extinuating circumstances' form (get a doctors sick note) and get another week on it, which would be a BIG help. I'll just have to postpone the japan stuff. Scary thing about extenuating circumstance forms is that it's not guaranteed they'd except it. That said, if student have a doctors note then they rarely reject it. I'm going to kill myself over this dissertation and aim for a 1st on it...that way i'll get at least a 2:2

Ok Pyro, I go to London Metropolitan University aka the crappest university in London...maybe even in England! I'm going to do my dissertation on the feminisation of film noir. I like that area and it'll be the easiest to do. I want to basically conclude the dissertation by asking whether or not film noir feminism depicts women as (oh, what's the word again....that word where women are supposed to 'slow down' the men in the films by getting kidnapped and stuff. Well, anyway you all get the point. Or maybe i'll question whether or not the women in film noir are considered stronger and smarter than their male counterparts. It's not too broad an area and should at least be interesting for me in the 3 sleepless nights, lol.

Anyways, any help is appreciated from all.

Where do you study Pyro and what's your dissertation on?

What I understand about most dissertations is that I have to find a question to something. I've done a bit of reading but not nearly enough to just bust out and write. I'm going to do it in 3 days. Any

Glad to hear it.

I want to basically conclude the dissertation by asking whether or not film noir feminism depicts women as (oh, what's the word again....that word where women are supposed to 'slow down' the men in the films by getting kidnapped and stuff.
Cumbersome? Burdensome?

I'm at Portsmouth Uni, doing my dissertation on Cronenberg, though not really refined it yet, something to do with his themes/auteurism via adaptation looking at Crash, The Fly and History of Violence.

Take it you're going to be using Memento

Sounds like quite a wide subject with a lot of theory you can incorporate: genre, feminism/psychoanalysis etc. Any ideas on what three or four films you'll be doing or the three chapters of the main body? Trust you've heard of Jstor, that's a friggin goldmine of journals.

I am having a nervous breakdance
7500 words in three days. That's 2500 words a day. If you work ten hours a day (you should work at least 15 hours a day) that would be 250 words an hour. That is not impossible.

I really feel sorry for you. I know that panic feeling too well myself. But just type, type, type.

Btw, my dissertation is in swedish so it wouldn't do you much help anyway....

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I think it is best to do your own stuff. I had a friend and he went the easy way. The first time great, the second time expelled!!

Be aware it sucks being expelled...