300 or The Departed?

Tools    

In my opinion these were the 2 best films I have seen in quite a while, let me know what one you think is better and why? I am going to edge on the side The Departed but it is very close indeed!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The Departed is better.

300 had more yelling though.

Suspect's Reviews

You ready? You look ready.
Sunshine.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

This is a "what mood are you in" kinda deal for me. I loved them both, but it takes different moods to "love them both". Departed, I think, is the better film, but if I am in the mood for beautiful eye candy and epic scale mayhem and such, 300 fits the bill. Violence is certainly a part of both, but thats where the similarities end, IMO.

The Departed without a doubt.

300 is ok for the great fight sequences though.

I really don't know how you can compare the two considering both films are polar opposites. However, I would say The Departed is the better film, hands down.

I dont think these films should be compared - two totally different cups of tea but I will answer nonetheless and say The Departed was a better film

300 is absolutely the best and it is definitely amazing....

While I enjoyed 300, it was little more than a verbatim screen adaption of pre-existing material. The visuals were pretty, yes, but were overkill at times and became somewhat of a gimmick.

The Departed, on the other hand, is an extremely well-directed movie. While it, too, was an adaption, it honored the scource material by providing something new. Acting was superb, Visuals were impressive and well conceived, and sound design was among Scorcese's best.

So...Departed, to be sure.

A system of cells interlinked
Easy -

The Departed

Visually, 300 was interesting, but, beyond that, it was pretty silly and over the top. I mean come on...this is Scorsese we are talking about here. These films aren't even in the same class.

The Departed

Lost in never never land
Between those two, The Departed, but I'm not all that high on either of them.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

For me, it is easily The Departed. I really enjoyed 300, but I absolutely loved The Departed.

is this some kind of sick joke ?

the departed is scorese's masterpiece , even though goodfellas is one of the best movies out - departed is just a bit better

300 is only pretty good

no questin it is 300

I've already watched 300 twice as many times as The Departed so I guess that means I like 300 better.

" SPARTANS! PREPARE FOR GLORY!"

A system of cells interlinked
Actually, I will prepare to squat one out. I'll buy two copies of 300, so as I can put a stick through the holes in both DVDs and hang my toilet paper roll from it.

"Spartans, prepare to squat!"