Writer's Strike Discussion

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I heard they are making a little progress, no?

It sounds like there may be some but nothing that has really been leaked out yet. Here's an update.

There's a tentative agreement in place, apparently. It still has to be finalized and approved, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe just maybe they'll be an official announcement within a week or so.

Hopefully so.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Here's the brief bit from Variety online this morning...

The WGA West has announced the time for its general membership meeting on the negotiations -- Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Shrine Auditorium south of downtown Los Angeles.

Members have been told to bring a picture ID. The WGA's hoping to have a draft contract to present to the boards of the WGA West and WGA East and negotiating committee by Friday. In an email message to members late Monday the WGA's negotiating committee chief John Bowman notified members of the upcoming informational meetings and said neither the negotiating committee nor the boards would take action on the contract until after those meetings.

http://weblogs.variety.com/wga_strike_blog/

Movie Forums Extra
The only thing that I watch that is affected by the strike is The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report.
They seem to be doing very well without the writers.
So, I couldn't give a damn with the writers strike. I hope they do get what they want, but the strike does not bother me.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
wooohooo