Random Film Thoughts

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Just like the title says. I think this could help replace the movie chatter in the shoutbox.

Quick little (Or long if you like) random thoughts that don't really have a thread or couldn't sustain a thread.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'll start by repeating my feelings in the shoutbox.

Little Children and American Beauty are the most honest and masterful movies depicting life in American suburbia. American Beauty is probably a more honest depiction, but I like Little Children more as a movie.

Little Children and American Beauty are the most honest and masterful movies depicting life in American suburbia. American Beauty is probably a more honest depiction, but I like Little Children more as a movie.
I am a big fan of Kate so I have added it to my must see list thanks

crazed out movie freak
I'll start by repeating my feelings in the shoutbox.

It was good, but I don't know if I would say honest. More like a little to the extreme. Masterful movie that is well done, but I grew up in suburbia and there were a lot of homophobic men who are true homosexuals living there that didn't kill there neighbor.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
It was good, but I don't know if I would say honest. More like a little to the extreme. Masterful movie that is well done, but I grew up in suburbia and there were a lot of homophobic men who are true homosexuals living there that didn't kill there neighbor.
I'm talking about how they painted life in suburbia. The way the people are, the storylines, it's all realistic and it's all gold.

Same with Little Children.

The sequel titled I Still Know What You Did Last Summer is a misnomer. Technicaly it should have been I Know What You Did the Summer Before Last or even Rememeber, Like, Two Summers Ago? Well I Do, Little Missy, and I Know Damn Well What You Did Back Then, Too. And By the Way, Don't They Make T-Shirts in Your Size?. Tough to cram on a marquee, but much more accurate.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I know the industry is moving towards digital projectors and soon reels will be a thing of the ancient past, but I wish movies were still referred to as "flicks" more often.

I also wish ice cream cones still cost a nickel.

There used to be a trailer thingie for Moviefone or something that had a gag where deviled eggs had replaced popcorn as the in-theater snack of choice. I absolutely love popcorn and eat it at least five days a week, but I must confess if the movie theaters around here started offering deviled eggs at the concession stand, I'd buy them. Perhaps it's the potential potency of egg-farts alone that keeps this from becoming a reality?

How about edamame? You'd need an extra container for the husks, but DAMN thems would be a tasty, salty alternative at the cineplex.

I know the immediacy of the internets and the digital media people carry with them in their pockets and purses had made lots of stuff quaint and unnecessary compared to the way films used to be marketed, but I wish movie theaters still had lobby cards.

Is it wrong of me to flirt with the assistant manager at the theater for free popcorn and slush puppies? I went to high school with her, and i believe she is still quite taken by me. I believe i've scored at least $50.00 in concessions at this point.

Normally i would do the honorable thing and let her off, gently and respectably. But with the price of concessions nowadays...

Is it wrong of me to flirt with the assistant manager at the theater for free popcorn and slush puppies? I went to high school with her, and i believe she is still quite taken by me. I believe i've scored at least $50.00 in concessions at this point.

Normally i would do the honorable thing and let her off, gently and respectably. But with the price of concessions nowadays...

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I'd rather die than stop eating popcorn.

Seriously.
That's odd, because I'd rather die than start eating popcorn.

Seriously.

Gary Oldman is one of the most under appreciated actors of all time.

A system of cells interlinked
Watched some of Little Children last night. I liked it, but I started the film after midnight, so I passed out at some point. Will watch it in its entirety soon!

I like popcorn.

Watched some of Little Children last night. I liked it, but I started the film after midnight, so I passed out at some point. Will watch it in its entirety soon!
I just finished watching it, wow what a journey