X2: X-Men United

→ in
Tools    

I hope everyone could read this!Anyway I liked X-Man one better then the second one!I mean the second one was good but not better then the first one!
For one thing the second one was very confusing but I would give it inleat two stars!If they made a third one I would not brother to see it!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Only for the weak
The first movie had a much better plot, more well devolped characters. The 2nd one had tons of cool characters/x-men cameos and some great special effects. All in all the equal out in my book, both good fun movies.

I definetly want to see Gambit in the next one, maybe Beast and Juggernaut as well. I'm really suprised Gambit has been left out for 2 movies.

Another thing Colossus not being Russian kinda bothered me, minor quibble I guess.

I happen to like both movies, but the second one was even better, more action and a lot of excellent scenes.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Muzzy
The first movie had a much better plot, more well devolped characters. The 2nd one had tons of cool characters/x-men cameos and some great special effects. All in all the equal out in my book, both good fun movies.
I just don't see this. The characters weren't developed much at all in the first one, or rather, until the end of the film. This is because they spent most of the film developing these characters, and had to spend FAR to much time on exposition. Introducing powers, nicknames etc.. As for plot, the first film had a typical "Magneto doomsday device" that was only a backdrop for the characters to start to interact against. I like the first film but I think it feels rushed, is far too short, and wastes a ton of screen time on introductory dialouge. These characters just don't DO that much in the first film.

The second film I feel is a top notch piece of work. Singer expertly juggles many characters (whom we now know pretty well), scenes and problems into an intricate latticework of plot and social allegory. The fact that the worst (most evil) villain in the film is human, really brings to the forefront that which the x-men truely stand for. The differences in people. Really, the idea about being shunned and different is what the X-men mythos is all about, at it's core. The first film talked about this, but you never got an idea what the characters were really feeling or experiencing. The second film could get right into this and just run with it. I just can't see how the first film had good character development. Mystique? Sabretooth? Storm? Were any of these characters developed at all in the first film?

I feel the characters came to life so much more in the second film, and there were more characters this time around. Yuriko was the only character I felt got the short end and I think they made the right choice there as she isn't that important, won't be a returning character, and was not part of either the X-men or Magneto's crew.

The combination of great storyline, better character development, and overall darker more serious feel make this one of my favorite sci-fi pieces of all time. The fact that this film masterfully weaves in threads beginning The Dark Phoenix Saga is just icing on the cake for me.

I definetly want to see Gambit in the next one, maybe Beast and Juggernaut as well. I'm really suprised Gambit has been left out for 2 movies.

Another thing Colossus not being Russian kinda bothered me, minor quibble I guess.
As for Colossus, he is russian. Take a look at the posters/art on the wall of his room in the school. When he talks, there is a slight accent, I just think he doesn't say enough/put the accent on enough to really tell.

I also noticed the word DANGER on one of the doors in the secret side of the x-mansion. I believe they have already constructed the Danger Room set, and Hank McCoy will have to be brought in if it comes into play (seeing as he builds it). I also want Gambit to show, but I think his power is too close to the other summers kid (rumor has it, Gambit is a long lost summers) to set him apart character wise (both use controlled kinetic energy).

I think for new chars we will get Beast, Colossus and maybe Kitty.

Only for the weak
You make very good point, although I think you spent a little too much time thinking about it

I mean I agree with alot, but I just felt the 2nd one seemed like a bit of a mess at times, I thought the 1st one seemed a bit cleaner. Just me I guess.

You seem to be a pretty hardcore X-Men lover, what did you think about Mastermind as Strykers son? I would actually like to see Mastermind again, not under Strykers control.

And what about Apocalypse as a villain, maybe a plot that revolves around Angel. I think there's been enough about Wolverine. And Rogue gaining the rest of her powers.

You make very good point, although I think you spent a little too much time thinking about it

I mean I agree with alot, but I just felt the 2nd one seemed like a bit of a mess at times, I thought the 1st one seemed a bit cleaner. Just me I guess.

You seem to be a pretty hardcore X-Men lover, what did you think about Mastermind as Strykers son? I would actually like to see Mastermind again, not under Strykers control.

And what about Apocalypse as a villain, maybe a plot that revolves around Angel. I think there's been enough about Wolverine. And Rogue gaining the rest of her powers.

Gee you nailed my Christmas wish list for the x-men item for item

TOTALLY up for Apocalypse. I think some of there is some great material with Apocalypse that would be quite screenworthy. Although they would have to jump ahead in time to a more seasoned team to deal with a villain of that maginitude. Rouge would have to be up to par with at least some of her additional powers (although this getting of powers could be a film all it's own). I remember many examples through out the 80's where the whole team would get the samck down and rouge would be standing in the rubble after buildings collapsed on her head just kind of smiling at the enemy.

re: Wolverine
Wolverine is just that guy. That character everyone loves and who seems to take center stage most of the time. For the third film, I do hope they minimize his role a tad, rotate some others to the forefront. Jean will do this for sure, but I would like to see more of the team get focused on as well.

I think some of Grant Morrison's stuff should be considered if future films after the third become a possibility, especially the Cassandra Nova arc, as Patrick Stuart could walk for this story and express himself much more as an actor (he stated issues with being in the chair on the X2 commentary). This story is a good focus on all the characters, would develop Xavier more, and most of all, the story is ridiculously good. For those interested in reading the short arc (4 issues), there is a trade paperback entitled:

New X-men: E is for extinction.

Some of the best characterization I have ever read/seen in the x-men universe.

Cheers

Hey all its Slopescorcher,
X2 was a good movie. Its plot is confusing at times and some elements in it aren't explained well. Nevertheless, its worth seeing!

Slopescorcher

Originally Posted by slopescorcher
Hey all its Slopescorcher,
X2 was a good movie. Its plot is confusing at times and some elements in it aren't explained well. Nevertheless, its worth seeing!

Slopescorcher
What elements weren't explained (some were left unexplained on purpose for sure)?

This movie had a bit of everything! The scene in the mansion when Stryker invaded was awesome and the special effects for each character's powers was absolutely brilliant. The opening scene had me and my Mom's mouths hanging open.

Wolverine was by far the best character in the movies. Hugh Jackman portrayed him perfectly! I loved the conflict Pyro went through in X2 although I am sad he has gone with Magneto. Nightcrawler was awesome! The makeup was so well done it had me believing he was really a blue mutant. I so loved the scene in the Xjet where Storm used her powers and Kurt saved Rogue. Wicked!

Cheers,
Mana

"You wanna shoot me, shoot me!" Wolverine, X2

"We better get inside cos it'll be dark soon and they mostly come at night. Mostly." Newt, Aliens

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Mana4X2/
http://images.killermovies.com/forum...g_31367_0i.gif
Made by the great FRO§T

There are those who call me...Tim.
Sorry to drag this up but I just want to add my oen little opinion here...

I thought both films were as good as each other. The first one I thought told the story about mutants in a way that was interesting enough to keep you...well interested. For me it didn't matter that very little actually happened because I enjoyed hearing about the characters and their powers, blah blah.
My major criticism is that it was too short. For a film as fast paced as this it could easily have gone on for another half hour at least. And also, despite me having said that I thought it was fine that not much happened, it would've been nice to see a little more action.

X-2, I thought, was slower paced than X-1, but more happened (Magneto escaping, Nightcrawler breaking into the whitehouse etc) which more than made up for that. And, I don't know if this is just me, or did Mystique seem more attractive this time around

My Opinion

X-Men (Didnt like it that Much)

X2 (way better then the first)

Just watched X2 again recently...I just love me some X-chicks...

Jean, Rogue, Storm, Mystique...all very cool characters! If only Psylocke would make an appearance....

I loved both movies. Although I thought the first one was too short and didn't go into much detail about any of the characters except Rogue and Wolverine, which I thought was totally unfair. Though I know that it would have probably been a ten hour movie if they had, but with was Singer had. I haven't read any of the comic books and the first time I saw it I didn't understand any of it and had to have my older brother who had read the comics explain most of the situations and characters going on in the movie. Loved the second one even more! I don't know about ya'll but Mystique is my favorite mutant. She totally kicked a$$ in this movie and if I could have any mutant power it would be hers, even if I had to be blue and scally. Over all both movies great and enjoyable, loving the whole idea of mutants. Though it felt incomplete to me, not having read the comics and not knowing any of the characters in the first place, and wishing that there had been more explaination and backround to them, not to mention depth. Thought it was totally unfair that they focassed in on Logan and Rogue in the first one though. Oh well, what can you do?!

X-Men 2 is a genre-defining movie. It is a work of art/comic book pulp fiction never before seen on the silver screen. The characters, effects, and story were all beyond outstanding. Director Bryan Singer displays an amazing vision. He manages to keep the story intense and flowing but all the while it builds for a third installment. Singer also manages to deliver a little bit of everything - intrigue, romance, conspiracy, and of course - bad ass comic book style slugfests. Everything in this movie is exceedingly better in the sequel then the original. The acting is superb. The dialogue is rich. Every character feels believable. No cartoonish villains, every side of the issue is presented by people who believe they are the ones who are in the right and the underlying message of tolerance and bigotry only add to the depth of this film. This movie redefines comic book genre. It restores the sense of epic adventure and grand-scale storytelling that's been absent from far too many of today's alleged blockbusters.

The thing i noticed about x-2 is wolverine once again got his butt kicked by yet another female mutant. The only thing that seems to save his sorry ass is either the element of surprise as with mystique in the first one, or by having some "convenient" object assisting him with victory such as when he filled Lady DeathStrike with the adamantium. The thing is, these mutants never really had a greater power than him so his rage alone should have dimantled at least one of them.

Sorry gals but I'm still a little old fashioned filled with alot of stinkin male pride you know.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
I think they just tried to fit too much of the original storyline into the second movie.I mean phoenix, already?
I just found out this morning from Comingsoon.net that Famke Janssen will be returning in X3 as the Dark Phoenix. Check it out.

Re the thread theme -Wonderful sequel - best sequel of any film in the last 5 years - certainly much better than Kill Bill or Spider-man sequels,both of which have been touted highly