MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

That's the problem with you big brained folks. You think you're so smart because you have arguments and thoughts and intelligence. The Browns suck because they are the Browns, but you brainy folks think that talent will change that because logic or whatever.

Ahhh, also know as the Jets syndrome.

Jimmy Garrapolo might end up being my starting QB, cause at this stage in his career Bradys #s arent fantasy worthy. You sir are no Peyton Manning. Brady to waivers FTW!

I saw the reports around noon yesterday that Mike Evans would likely suit up, but he was expected to be on a pitch count and used mostly as a decoy. Last year he had a doughnut against the Saints even when healthy, so I chose to leave him on my bench due to all the uncertainty. He was held without a catch until late in the game when he grabbed a 2-yard TD. Those few points might be the difference in me winning or losing this week, since I chose the worst option from my bench to replace him: Chris Thompson (2 catches for 6 yards).

I thought Thompson would have an easy path to touches, with Fournette released and the next two RBs on the depth chart currently on IR. The Jags are also supposed to be tanking and playing from behind every week, which should lead to a pass-catching RB like Thompson racking up cheap points late in games. At least that was my line of thinking. He also had the highest projection, which probably factored into my decision. I'd forgotten that Minshew Mania was a thing for a reason. (I also picked the Colts in Survivor Football, so the Jags really stuck it to me this weekend.)

Now I have to sweat it out through both MNF games. I'm currently projected to win by 7 points, but that can change with one play. If Connor matches or outscores Barkley, I should be good, but Holden also has Phillip Lindsey in the late game going against my Titans defense. Easy to see my defense falling short of projections and Lindsey falling into the end zone.

Ah, the stress and frustrations of fantasy football, how I've missed thee!

Win or lose, I feel good about my team going forward. Very reassuring to see Kyler Murray have such a great showing against a formidable Niners defense. I've been beating myself up a bit for not drafting the safer Prescott, but as of now it looks like I made the right choice. It's a tad annoying seeing so many double digits on my bench when I started a guy who scored 1.6 points, but it's encouraging that my bench is already performing well.

I took Jarwin kinda early because I was afraid he wouldn't make it around the horn again. One catch. Done for the year. Crazy. I didn't expect him to be like Andrews was last year for me. but I thought he'd be good anyway. Bummer.

Peteys offering me Big Ben for Brady. I probably wont being it's so early in the season, but I havent rejected it yet either.

Now Mack is done for the year and the kid that sort of fell to me may become a stud. If he can stay healthy. Am I going crazier than usual? Why does it seem like most guys are done for the year when they get hurt? Especially in the last few years.

Now I have to sweat it out through both MNF games. I'm currently projected to win by 7 points, but that can change with one play. If Connor matches or outscores Barkley, I should be good, but Holden also has Phillip Lindsey in the late game going against my Titans defense. Easy to see my defense falling short of projections and Lindsey falling into the end zone.

Ah, the stress and frustrations of fantasy football, how I've missed thee!

No stress. You were safe as I made the classic blunder of starting a defense. Yes, that's right, if I had left my team defense slot blank I would have won. After all my other failings and bullshit the -4 the Vikings earned me against Aaron Rogers and company sunk me.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Well, crap. My gamble on A. Brown as a WR1 looks to have been a mistake. I am hoping this is just an anomaly, and that he gets going as the season progresses. Alas, starting the season 0-1. Bummer.

Can Gordon score 30 points for tonight? Crazier things have happened.
I doubt it though.......

Can't say I was not worried.

The trick is not minding
Can't say I was not worried.
Good win. You killed me with QB and WR play. I had already identified WR as a weakness.
Not panicking yet, as it’s only week 1. The various WR I drafted did pick up plenty of yardage, so there is potential there.

Yeah, I am not pushing the panic button yet, either. I did at least find out that my backup wideout, Robby Anderson, is still capable of high ceilings from time to time. His unexpected 22.5 points kept me in the thick of things even when both of my two starting WRs were scratches. I wasn't really considering him as a flex position starter, but I sure am now. Assuming both of my receivers can get healthy here in the early goings.

I know The Giants are going to be pretty bad this year and that Pittsburgh was a tough Week 1 draw, but I expect over the year Saquon will be a good-to-great points generator. That Chris Carson had such a huge game is very encouraging. If he can get more routinely involved in the passing game that will give me a pair of potential RB1s.

Dak is Dak. Had his run into the endzone not been remarked down at the one yard line or that late ticky-tack call against Gallup had gone the other way he would have been absolutely fine, beat his projection, and carried me to victory. I was not super encouraged by the inconsistent play calls by the new Dallas regime (not going for the game-tying FG, then calling a series of dull draw plays when they needed to march down the field), but on balance he will be fine.

If Golladay and/or Sutton are able to get past these early issues I should be competitive every week.

In theory, anyway.

Yeah I'm 0-1 too.

Pleased with Ezekiel Elliott, 26.20 fps, but I lost my matchup because everyone else underperformed, not even hitting their projection. Brady doesn't count because his 24.46 fps were made possible due to garbage time. I'm gonna go against my instincts and be patient with him. Hes old and overrated but has the best receiving corps a QB could ask for around him, and even I think he'll end up doing better than Jameis Winston.

Only change I'm gonna make week 2 is putting a 2nd Tight End in my Flex, Detroits TJ Hockenson who scored 14.10 on my bench. Jalen Reagors playing hurt so they might be overly careful with him right now.

Other than that the best thing to do when everyone's playing badly is to just sit, wait, and hope. Oh boy!

Clearly, I have the best team in the league. I'm down to call this thing right now and save everybody the fits of depression the rest of the season is sure to bring everyone. I'm just thinking of you guys and your mental well being.