A Song For July

Tools    

haruomi hosono - gaplus
The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)
Uriah Heep - Pilgrim
Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
Euzen - Judged By
Billy Idol - White Wedding
David Bowie - Black Country Rock
Madonna - Secret

01: Uriah Heep - Pilgrim
02: Billy Idol - White Wedding
03: Madonna - Secret
04: Euzen - Judged By
05: David Bowie - Black Country Rock
06: Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
07: haruomi hosono - gaplus
08: The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
No votes from Seds, cat or HM but as ever we move on....

1st - Antonio Bazzini - La ronde des lutins (61 pts)

Congratulations to jj on getting his piece through to the final

Congratulations @jiraffejustin!

Round 13

1. Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
(This tongue-in-cheek ode to misogyny is a contender for funniest country song.)

2. David Bowie - Black Country Rock
(Nice deep dive into the Bowie catalogue.)

3. Uriah Heep - Pilgrim
(Doesn't quite reach the epic status it's so clearly striving for, but comes pretty damn close.)

4. Madonna - Secret
(Madonna is smokin' hot in this video. Maybe now would be a good time to ask @Chypmunk for the story behind his signature.)

5. Billy Idol - White Wedding
(A lip-snarling, fist-pumping good time, though a bit played out for me at this point.)

6. The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be a Dream)
(I'm really craving a cream soda right now.)

7. Euzen - Judged By
(Not a band with which I'm familiar, but judging them by their appearance I kept expecting the lullaby-like ballad to transition into something harder and more metal. Sadly that moment never arrived, so the song just fluttered along in mediocrity. Reminded me of Aguilera's "You're Beautiful" if covered by Evanescence.)

8. Haruomi Hosono - Gaplus
(As video game music this is really good, but it's not something I want to listen to for 5 1/2 minutes if I don't have a controller in my hand.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
1) The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)
2) Madonna - Secret
3) Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
4) Euzen - Judged By
5) Billy Idol - White Wedding
6) David Bowie - Black Country Rock
7) haruomi hosono - gaplus
8) Uriah Heep - Pilgrim

I'll be back later with my nom for the next round.

(Madonna is smokin' hot in this video. Maybe now would be a good time to ask @Chypmunk for the story behind his signature.)
I probably ought to just say that a gentleman never tells but that would make it sound even more like there was a salacious story behind it which sadly there isn't. I'll just refer you to three posts from the same thread on here:
first

Can pretty much guarantee you wish you'd never asked now

r14 nom

takarazuka - prince rudolph

Still @honeykid, @Derek Vinyard and @jiraffejustin to vote....

Billy Idol - White Wedding - Sorry, stone cold classic. I try to avoid putting this kind of thing at the top of a list because I think it's tantamount to cheating, but sometimes it has to be done. I can still remember buying the single in Woolworths.

Madonna - Secret - A song I was suprirsed I'd forgotten about considering the artist and how well this song did. I've always quite liked Madonna's 'lullaby' songs.

David Bowie - Black Country Rock § (alt link if needed) - Somehow I don't think I've ever heard this before. I can't believe it either, but I don't remember it at all. Great track.

Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire - You know what? I didn't even dislike this. Jaunty and short, maybe it's just because of the previous HH and UH tracks, but I appreciated that.

Euzen - Judged By - Mellow with a little edge. Quite fitting for my mood today. Finished just before it outstayed its welcome with me but it was already waning.

The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream) - I've heard it a million times and I'll hear it a great many more, but I can't say it ever does anything for me.

Uriah Heep - Pilgrim - Sorry, this stuff just plays in front of me. A kind of Prog Rock metal. Not for me, but the solo is good.

haruomi hosono - gaplus - I made it to minute 3. If there's an musical flourish which occurs in the last two minutes I'll go back and listen to it. But otherwise, I think I know where this is going and I've already heard it.

Advance warning: I've just found out I have to go for what should be a routine op this Thursday morning - I'll have the final up to vote on before I go but in case something goes slightly awry (ie. they kill me ) and I haven't posted again within the following couple of days can someone please tot up the points from any votes and announce the winner .... I know how angry some people can get if/when denied closure

Advance warning: I've just found out I have to go for what should be a routine op this Thursday morning - I'll have the final up to vote on before I go but in case something goes slightly awry (ie. they kill me ) and I haven't posted again within the following couple of days can someone please tot up the points from any votes and announce the winner .... I know how angry some people can get if/when denied closure

Omg. May everything go smoothly!

Billy Idol - White Wedding
The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)
haruomi hosono - gaplus
Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
Euzen - Judged By
David Bowie - Black Country Rock § (alt link if needed)
Uriah Heep - Pilgrim
Madonna - Secret

nom:
Hoobastank - The Reason

Let the night air cool you off
1. David Bowie - Black Country Rock
- After recently listening to the album this came from (The Man Who Sold the World), I knew I wanted to nominate something from it. I thought about "Width of a Circle" but decided against it as it goes for over 8 minutes. I thought the title track, but figured against it since it's probably more remembered for the Nirvana cover. I decided to go with Bowie doing Zeppelin instead.

2. haruomi hosono - gaplus
- Yo, this goes in. Maybe a little long in the tooth, but I dig it. I could see myself listening to this on a walk around the park.

3. Billy Idol - White Wedding
- Fun song; I haven't heard this in a while, so instead of being played out for me, it's a nice visitation of a past acquaintance that would never be a true friend, but always enjoyable to be around.

4. Tompall Glaser - Put Another Log on the Fire
- A Shel Silverstein penned country song from this era; it's obviously going to be funny and it's obviously going to be good.

5. Madonna - Secret
- Kinda seems like my idea of Madonna's idea of doing a Portishead song.

6. The Crew Cuts - Sh-Boom (Life Could Be A Dream)
- I'm really craving a chocolate malt right now.

7. Uriah Heep - Pilgrim
- Feels like it's missing just a small something that would make it something that I would want to revisit. I think it's the reason I never got into Uriah Heep.

8. Euzen - Judged By
- It's Alright I guess.