The Movie Forums Top 100 Horror Movies

→ in
Tools    

Appreciate the measured response. Really think this is a good opportunity to let the air outta the balloon a little here.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I know how that goes. My fuse is a little short today, too, from being sick and overwhelmed with work.

Appreciate the measured response. Really think this is a good opportunity to let the air outta the balloon a little here.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. I know how that goes. My fuse is a little short today, too, from being sick and overwhelmed with work.

Oh... sorry. I had no idea you were sick.

BUT, many of the classics of horror that influenced said genres won't be allowed. That's ridiculous.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain...what won't be allowed in your opinion that should be included?

Agreed. But you started ranting about influence, so I threw that in. I also stated what Aliens did to rope in the horror fans.

You're having WAY too big a hissy fit over this, as if you don't have a proper list of more than a mere 25 so the exclusion of a staunch fav of yours is ****ing up your life.

Seriously. You have nothing else in your arsenal? That's even sadder than Aliens being excluded.

Buddy, I do have a proper list now. I went through like 100 well-recieved horror movies these few months and didn't review then because I wanted it to be a surprise. Some of them were crap, and made a top 25 were I only had to replace five of them and each movie is at least 9/10. Aliens became six for me just yesterday, and it's a very personal movie for me.

I didn't want to say this, but when I was going through a depression when I was 20 due to some serious crap out there, I watched The Godfather and Aliens and both movies taught me something. Aliens, like Alien, is a metaphor for rape, and The Godfather's practically about murder. They both taught me that the crap I went through then is not as bad as the rape and murder out there, so there's a good reason not to kill myself.

Some of that crap is happening again, and I'm not gonna lill myself but I'm not happy. I know I overreacted, but everybody has something important to them that most people would say are pointless.

I didn't want to bring it up because, well, somebody already called me a liar. I understand I blew a fuse, and it's not right. But don't think my attitude doesn't have any real background. This isn't just being mad about a movie.
Threw you a rep. I DO get where you're coming from but you're throwing wild punches that aren't landing anywhere.

You're also not alone in this site with depression. I'm bipolar. Don't care who knows it. I still say your BEST revenge since you say you have a fav 100, is to pick the nastiest little film in that bunch and nominate it.

IT REALLY IS the best way.

I'm not sure what you mean by this? Can you explain...what won't be allowed that you object too?

The only thing I object to is the rule's structure and strictfullness. But A few users made it clear that other favorites are not getting on. Personally, the only one I'm worried about is Aliens. I understand argumwnts for the others. Silence of the Lambs, Jaws and Beetlejuice, as well as Nightmare Before Christmas, wven though I used it as an argument before...

Cat, I never said I was alone. I'm sorry to hear you have bipolar. But I'll be frank. I don't know anybody else who can say their life was partially saved by a couple of movies. I'm not saying I'm special, but a blow to either movie's rep can be a bit insulting if my opinion of either has to legitimately suffer for it. I just think that's bull.

Was Lambs eligible?

I daw the movie before the top 100 was announced. It was on the prototype liat as my number 4 or 5, but took it off when I checked the movies and the rules.

I have no problem with the rules. AS SOMEONE WHO HATESTHE IDEA OF GREMLINS BEING ON A SERIOUS HORROR LIST.

I can understand you fighting so hard for a movie that helped you through depression. But just know it is still lauded as a movie, horror or not.

Just don't attack the organiser of all this. It's uncool and almost displays a lack of horror knowledge since an exclusion shouldn't derail your entire list. It should almost alleviate the burden.

The only thing I object to is the rule's structure and strictfullness. But A few users made it clear that other favorites are not getting on. Personally, the only one I'm worried about is Aliens. I understand argumwnts for the others. Silence of the Lambs, Jaws and Beetlejuice, as well as Nightmare Before Christmas, wven though I used it as an argument before...
OK thanks..I'd personally say Aliens is horror, but that would be up to the host.

These genre countdowns are tough for the host because no matter what ruling the host makes someone isn't happy about it. All I can say is Nostro is doing the hard work, and believe me I know it's hard! So we should support him even if some movie we love doesn't qualify for the countdown...It's not like the end of the world if some movie doesn't make some list, somewhere on the vast internet.

I accept I was wrong to attack him. I still believe relying on Imdb was a very bad way to go. And it didn't help that Nostromo said I was promoting lawlesness and that I was a liar.

This thread should be eligible for the list. Scarier than any movie ever made.

Wow, I need to back read this thread! I've been soooo busy that I haven't even looked at until just minutes ago, so I don't have a clue as to what transpired. But we're all friends here and little disagreements are just part of life and hopefully no big deal.

Wow, I need to back read this thread! I've been soooo busy that I haven't even looked at until just minutes ago, so I don't have a clue as to what transpired. But we're all friends here and little disagreements are just part of life and hopefully no big deal.
Yeah. I made a joke at all y'alls expense but don't take it seriously. You are fine people. If Citizen and I are any indication, you can have heated arguments and overcome them and move on. I'm glad my neurotic verbal abuse in the past didn't make Citizen leave - this place is better with him around.

A system of cells interlinked
Blimey, forgot all about this...list incoming soon!

Dude - Still miss the good 'ol horror days on here, but you're doing an exemplary job keeping the spirit alive.
Didn't we do a commentary on The Burning (1981) a few years back? Fun time

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Burning.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	52187   Click image for larger version

Name:	burning2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	52188   Click image for larger version

Name:	burning3.jpg