Great Movies That Contain The Best Scene Within 10 Minutes

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Please use the (hidden) spoiler option...

"Lonely Are The Brave"

WARNING: "Lonely Are The Brave" spoilers below
In the beginning, we see Kirk Douglas all alone on a desert, with his horse Whiskey, smiling, probably content with peace and quiet.. When he has to take off, he rides his horse onward.. until you see a highway with chaos - cars, pollution, honking at a man who wants to get through.. It almost seems like Kirk jumped up a hundred years.. It really tells the story well.

28 Weeks Later, probably.
WARNING: spoilers below
A good sequel overall, but nothing in it beats that opening sequence.

Not any particular scene or anything... But Bourne Ultimatum. The movie doesn't even bother with the pleasantries, just starts off with the action and carries on straight through till the end.

Master and Commander, Mission impossible 3, and of course Saving Private Ryan.

The truth is in here
Even though I'm not that big on Saving Private Ryan, it definitely has one of the best openings to a war movie.

It's a tough question, but I think I'm gonna go with this scene:

None of the opening disasters in the sequels ever managed to match the intensity of the Flight 180 Crash. It makes you nervous long before the disaster even happens, and the sheer panic Todd Browning displays once he realizes what is going to happen is excellently portrayed by Devon Sawa. A truly underrated actor. This is why Final Destination is one of my favorite horror movies.

It's a tough question, but I think I'm gonna go with this scene:

I can't follow that one. It's not realistic. Some idiot on a plane starts having a precognition of what will happen, and it happens.

Sorry, but I've been on many flights and nobody has ever acted like that guy. Nobody on a plane has ever acted like that, and nobody ever gives up their seat because of some broad asks him to. It just doesn't happen like that.

The truth is in here
I don't doubt there has never been somebody freaking out on a plane because of a premonition, but if that didn't happen there wouldn't be a movie. When it comes to horror you have to suspend your disbelief more than with other genres due to its penchant for the surreal and supernatural. I get why somebody would find it hard to take the scene seriously, but I thought it felt real in that you really sense the urgency of the situation.

Blade

A Serious Man