What Is The Most Disturbing Film?

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yeah, bigval, it's all ov us.

sades!! gasp, I have never heard of this film. ewww. but then again, there's ALWAYS something somebody likes ... the naughty way.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I'm not easily disturbed, a lot of films mentioned like se7en etc. didn't do that much to me, but these are all pretty messed up. (blood/gore doesn't horrify me as much as psychopaths - people doing things that humans are realistically capable of doing/ and/ or have been doing!)

Disturbing films:

Audition Said enough in all my other posts already

Boys Don't Cry - I don't know if this is universally disturbing, I just really didn't like watching it.

Kids/Gummo

Salo: 120 Days of Sodom - yeah, cheers for those bits of shrapnel in my cake while I crawl around on my knees like a dog (naked) (that's not a spoiler by the way)

Bad Boy Bubby - fook me, this one takes the biscuit - unrivalled and unsurpassed sickness...

less so but also interesting ones:

The Sexual Life of the Belgians

An American Werewolf in London - I love multiple dream sequences (how many times has that happened to you and how much did it scare you? )

Straw Dogs the rape scene

and anything by cronenberg tends to be at least on the slightly freak side

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
Boys Don't Cry - I don't know if this is universally disturbing, I just really didn't like watching it.

Hey Fez,
WARNING: "Boys Dont Cry" spoilers below
don't you think that the movie would have still maintained it's integrity by just having the rape scene described by Hilary Swank's charactor to the police officer, rather than the flashback? I don't know about you, but I felt it was overkill. Her description of what happened and the intensity of her telling it, was just as powerful. I didn't need the visual. I have a good imagination. What sayeth you?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
WARNING: "Boys Dont Cry" spoilers below
I reckon the film was trying to be controversial and the thing is the flashbacks were not just the standard screaming / pushing off / face full of agony - but going for full on explicit shock factor - even after you see more than you want to you'd be sitting there thinking, "I get the picture, I understand this scene is meant to be very disturbing, and it is" but it just seemed to go on and on. Actually to be honest the worst for me was when that other woman got shot In terms of imagery, well we're very much a voyeuristic society nowadays and people aren't satisfied by suggestion or description.

Now With Moveable Parts
It's true. It's true. I was having this same discussion with my sister, and she said it added so much to the impact of the film. I wasn't going to agree with her that easily. The whole subject matter was impact enough. All the scenes you(Fez) and I mentioned, just created a bad taste in my mouth. I would have been happy with the acting alone...it was excellent. I guess the director felt we need to be force-fed, though; which is too bad. It spoiled the movie for me.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I saw it in the cinema with my girlfriend which made the most uncomfortable viewing - ever.

Although saying that I don't think I would have wanted to see salo in the cinema with my girlfriend either

I was rather disturbed by the final line of A Clockwork Orange (as opposed to the entire film).

The Japanese film, Audition.
Or the film about, basically, Nine Inch Nails, The Broken Movie.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
What's the NIN vid like? I don't know much about Trent Reznor himself but I was for a short while a fan of the music

Now With Moveable Parts
I forgot about A Clockwork Orange. That was disturbing. Very.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Disturbing movies......The Exorcist was pretty disturbing, so was Pretty Woman if you really think about it. But that's disturbing in a totally different way. Hollywood loves them Whores!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

There are a plethora of truly horrifying films that make all of our entries look like Mary Poppins . With the exception of Eraserhead, I would say all of my picks are pretty tame. There are some real beasts out there. For example, has anyone seen:

1) The Holy Mountain
2) El Topo
3) Man Behind The Sun
4) Begotten

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by Karl Childers
There are a plethora of truly horrifying films that make all of our entries look like Mary Poppins .
You obviously haven't seen most of the ones I've mentioned

2) El Topo
That's one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Have you seen Santa Sangre?

The Exorcist --I saw this when I was 12---couldn't believe how scary it was, and I have never seen a scarier movie since--I still had trouble watching it when it was re-released with the extra footage last year.

Schindler's List --I have to agree that this belongs on the list. I was a truly excellent movie, and I'll never watch it again. Just too too too real.

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
You obviously haven't seen most of the ones I've mentioned
I've seen some of the ones you have mentioned. An American Werewold In London is, IMO, one of the three greatest horror movies ever made. It is not that disturbing, however.

Straw Dogs is a decent film. I think it is pretty underrated compared to The Wild Bunch . It is not what I would call disturbing, however.

I have heard a lot about Salo . It sounds pretty offensive.

Some of your other picks sound somewhat disturbing from what I've read, but probably not moreso than the ones I mentioned.

Originally posted by Steve
That's one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen. Have you seen Santa Sangre?
I haven't seen either one, or The Holy Mountain . Are you a Jodorowsky fan?

"I can't help it..."
City Of Lost Children - This just had something about it.
I can't really explain. But it is still a great film.

The Exorcist - Deffinetly. I saw this for the first time last year, and I was thirteen. And I can't ever remember myself being that scared in my whole life.
The whole way about it. Real cool though.

Carrie - I saw this for the first time a couple of days ago, and I thought this was genuinly disturbing.
The scene where she's up on the stage & the blood is poured on her & then she kills everyone. I was frozen from then to the credits.

Pups - I think the most disturbing thing about this is; it is so true.
Teenagers are out of control. And its the truth in it that made it disturbing for me.

Spice World also disturbed me a lot too.
lol.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh oh, i know!! music videos by the Quay Brothers!!!

there was one, i'll never get over it, 3 am on MTV YEARS ago ( i was like, 12 ... so, 1992?) ... and a vid came on with meat moving through a pipe and a twisted little puppet man going crazy and suffering in some decrepit apartment bldg - it looked like Silent Hill meets Voodoo, goodness!

Now With Moveable Parts
There are a plethora of truly horrifying films that make all of our entries look like Mary Poppins . With the exception of Eraserhead, I would say all of my picks are pretty tame. There are some real beasts out there. For example, has anyone seen:

1) The Holy Mountain
2) El Topo
3) Man Behind The Sun
4) Begotten
I wrote all of these titles down, that way, I'll never run the mistake of watching them.