Roger Deakins "Team Deakins" podcasts

Tools    

Someone in another post had suggested these excellent podcasts, but I can't find the post. At any rate "Team Deakins", consisting of the famous cinematographer Roger Deakins along with his wife "James" Deakins (who is female), interview luminaries and not-so-famous folks from the film industry.

There are dozens of the free podcasts available for listening or downloading to devices. They range from 60-90 minutes in length, and feature actors, directors, cinematographers, location scouts, editors, and the like.

So far I've downloaded 3 of them, which are fascinating: Joel Coen, of the Coen Bros.; Dodd Vickers, location scout/manager (I've always wondered about location scouting); and Andrew Patterson, the exciting new director/writer who did the acclaimed The Vast of Night (2019).

All of these are first rate interviews of noteworthy individuals by the Deakins', who ask insightful questions and provoke absorbing and illuminating conversations.

https://teamdeakins.libsyn.com/

Someone in another post had suggested these excellent podcasts, but I can't find the post.
That was me in THIS THREAD.

Few good things have come from the pandemic, especially in the entertainment world as virtually every single production had to shut down or put their plans on indefinite hold. One of the lone bright spots is that super busy, Oscar-winning, legendary cinematographer Roger Deakins has spent much of his downtime in the podcast realm. He and his wife make Team Deakins where they have long conversations with other cinematographers and other filmmakers.

The most noteable to date is a conversation with Joel Coen. Deakins has lensed twelve of the Coen Brothers' films thus far: Barton Fink, The Hudsucker Proxy, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, The Man Who Wasn't There, Intolerable Cruelty, The Ladykillers, No Country for Old Men, A Serious Man, True Grit, and Hail, Caesar!. They don't cover all of them but they do get into Joel and Ethan's process.

https://teamdeakins.libsyn.com/joel-coen-director

Enjoy.

I have listened to about six or seven of them so far. The Jeff Nichols & Adam Stone one posted earlier this week is top of my to-listen-to list.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra