77.78%
14 votes
Christopher Nolan
22.22%
4 votes
Sam Mendes
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Welcome to the human race...
A good prompt would be to ask why exactly would you pit these particular directors against one another. At least with David Fincher I can see a vague similarity between their fairly clinical and twisty approaches to filmmaking, but I'm not sure what the real point of comparison is between Nolan and Mendes - after all, it's not like Nolan's directed anything directly comparable to the likes of American Beauty or Revolutionary Road or Away We Go.

A good prompt would be to ask why exactly would you pit these particular directors against one another. At least with David Fincher I can see a vague similarity between their fairly clinical and twisty approaches to filmmaking, but I'm not sure what the real point of comparison is between Nolan and Mendes - after all, it's not like Nolan's directed anything directly comparable to the likes of American Beauty or Revolutionary Road or Away We Go.
As I said, Skyfall and 1917 are very similiar to Dunkirk and TDK in story structure. Mendes tends to do gritty films like road to perdition and has a similiar style, same applies to Villenueve.

Regarding Fincher vs Nolan, I have given my opinion already if I remember correctly.