Coronavirus

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
The thing about New Orleans is worrying. Not just on a personal level. I am not trying to start any rumors, just sharing what happened to me. The lady that did my prescreen definitely found it to be a game changer. I did not initially tell her about being in a room with others from around the world, that was after she approved my testing. If it is that important shouldn't they ask initially? If any of you are from that area, what have you heard? Is the city shut down like many other big cities?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but here are a couple of articles that I found about New Orleans:

Latest coronavirus headlines in Louisiana: 537 COVID-19 cases in state; 326 in New Orleans

New Orleans Mayor: ‘Stay Home’ order after 14 deaths, 537 cases of COVID-19 in state

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Slightly less stressed today, went to supermarket and was very happy to find boxes of tissues! So got three boxes, also they had eggs today and I love my eggs so bought two boxes so have 12 eggs in the fridge and found some beef mince, and a pack of my favourite meatballs.

So a good trip to the supermarket today, and that was about 11.30 in the morning and the shelves are usually stripped by the people who go 6.30 in the morning when it opens... So quite successful.

Hope everyone else is doing okay in the supermarkets.

It just seems to be a matter of luck and timing.

Hubby and I went to the supermarket around 3PM today, and the first aisles we checked were for toilet paper and antibacterial wipes. We knew they wouldn't have any, but we had to check anyway, just in case. As we expected, both aisles were completely empty.

So we just did our normal shopping and went to the checkout lines to pay and leave.

As we passed the toilet paper aisle on the way to the checkout, they were just starting to put out some toilet paper. It was only the store brand, but it was the "premium", so it was a little better quality, and it was 12-rolls per pack for $7.19, limit 2 per person.

We took 2 each, and went to customer service to ask if they would accept any of their app coupons for name brands for the store brand, because the chances of us getting any of the name brands before the coupons expire was slim to none.

After a bit of a discussion, they accepted a coupon for a name brand, (I think it was either Cottonelle or Charmin), for $5 off 2 packs off the store brand, so we saved $10 on 4 packs. (We each had the coupons in our app.)

When we got home, our neighbor, (who we don't like), saw us bringing in the toilet paper, and tried to buy it from us. (We don't know how long this will go on, so we didn't sell any.)

But this is a good lesson for everyone. Don't be embarrassed to ask if the stores will accept coupons for similar items that they can't get. You might have to "discuss" it a little bit, but it could save you some money if they allow it.

I wonder why some places are more prone to infections then others. And Also Russia and Africa and Green Land have the least cases world wide wise. Oh people dying from the Virus I half way expect they had some other illness with a depleted immune system.

The wife briefly popped out and had absolutely no problem getting either r-swipe or bacterial wipes yesterday (1 pack of each), in fact I don't think there was a single thing on her list she didn't find though some of the items were 'lesser' brands. Where we are the attitude of people has thankfully generally been civilised thus far, long may it continue.

Also loving that supermarkets have created times for when only the elderly or at risk can shop over here. Nice to see someone thinking and caring about them.

I wonder why some places are more prone to infections then others. And Also Russia and Africa and Green Land have the least cases world wide wise. Oh people dying from the Virus I half way expect they had some other illness with a depleted immune system.
Not all countries will be honest in reporting numbers. Especially countries which have authoritarian governments.

Places with harsh environments and low population density will see a small number of infections.

Yet earlier this month you were telling us that Portugal doesn’t give a ****. Your neighbor is Spain, which is hard-hit, so I never understood what you were saying about Portugal.
And I have to go to work anyway. So I keep what I said.

Reported figures also depend heavily on the amount of testing going on which in turn depends on the capabilities to do that testing.

Seems like Cold is this Virus weakness and Africa is always hot. So Russia and Africa just not nature right for it. I think USA best hope is May is hot or April has a bad arctic blast.

What is wrong with people is people being rude and just cant be friendly to other people. I called a local grocery store to see if they had couple things Walmart didn't and the women hanged up on me and said she was to busy to look and see on the store items sheet. I didn't wanna make the trip if didn't have items i needed. Also a person working at a store should know if have certain things in.

You ready? You look ready.
Russia actively shuts down dissent, and large groups of people is not the Russian way. Ever since that October fiasco.

I wonder if that explains why corona hasn’t hit them as hard.

I've been checking Prime Now (Amazon + Whole Foods delivery) off and on, and there hadn't been any delivery slots at all, until last night. Happened to check and they had one between 9:00 and 11:00 PM. I jumped on it as a chance to get eggs, but didn't find any when searching...then I just browsed by category and there they were! Snatched up three dozen and a handful of other things, and sure enough they were on our porch that night.

Big relief, other than toilet paper I'd say eggs were one of the earlier bottlenecks in running out of "normal" day-to-day supplies. I think at this point, as long as we've got running water, we could go 2-3 weeks without being too uncomfortable.

Also hearing lots of individual stores about toilet paper restocking. Still goes fast, but it's not just out. If they keep trying to produce it fast enough at a certain point it probably won't go crazy fast any more, either. Hopefully we'll be fine until then.

Also hearing lots of individual stores about toilet paper restocking. Still goes fast, but it's not just out. If they keep trying to produce it fast enough at a certain point it probably won't go crazy fast any more, either. Hopefully we'll be fine until then.

I got a friend who works at the factory where they make the industrial rolls used in public toilets and restaurants etc.

He's popping over to mine on Monday. Reckons he's got enough to last me till 2021

Will post photos when they get here.

The clear air gained from the lack of travel, and there's one small strip of pollution headed directly to my place...

Oh I garantee you Yoda the person I called is always like that. I know someone who works in meat there. Her busy time as she calls it is checking out a person with 3 things and then going on break and someone else has to check out the next 4 until she is done with her cigeratte break. The men are the nice registure as our Shop and Save store