Coronavirus

Tools    

All animals has some purpose Bats its to get rid of bugs and cats its to get rid of mice and rats. I know many stories of asians eating cats and bats. Thailand its a known fact cause my brother inlaw is from there. Point is not all things should be eaten by people because some things carry lots of diseases.

The thing about New Orleans is worrying. Not just on a personal level. I am not trying to start any rumors, just sharing what happened to me. The lady that did my prescreen definitely found it to be a game changer. I did not initially tell her about being in a room with others from around the world, that was after she approved my testing. If it is that important shouldn't they ask initially? If any of you are from that area, what have you heard? Is the city shut down like many other big cities?

I imagine allot of China planes will be more monitored and people who come and go on planes when this thing is over. Im not being racist. I hate no person but this plague spreaded more faster because planes werent grounded from the place this all got started.

Yes you can order people to stay home but some people have to work in the food plants and truck companies and the mail has to go through and people have to see dr and go to the store. Its easier to say to stay home but all at some point not under quarantine have to go out. Lots of people have cancer treatments.

Yes you can order people to stay home but some people have to work in the food plants and truck companies and the mail has to go through and people have to see dr and go to the store. Its easier to say to stay home but all at some point not under quarantine have to go out. Lots of people have cancer treatments.
My internist in Connecticut is not seeing ANYONE in-office. Only phone conference & then only if adjudged necessary.

Mentioned in another thread, but I brought in a stray cat. Called a local shelter (one I've dropped strays off at several times before) with no idea if they'd even be open, at capacity, be able to answer phones, or what. Left a message, actually got a call back an hour or two later. Short version is they don't know if they're included among essential businesses and it sounds like they can technically accept animals but things are very in flux and they have no idea what will happen even tomorrow.

Still, I was worried I'd get a way worse response, IE: none, or "we definitely can't take anything." They just told me they couldn't accept surrenders, but it sounded like they could still accept strays, so I'm glad to hear they're not totally overwhelmed yet.

If it gets any worse, the President is likely to declare martial law
What would that consist of?

(Just been informed that no rosary prayer is now allowed at church. There’s less than a handful of us, but the archbishop will now not allow it.)

Good news. Domino's Pizza still delivers.
This belongs in the Good News thread, it’s so exciting!

Mentioned in another thread, but I brought in a stray cat. Called a local shelter (one I've dropped strays off at several times before) with no idea if they'd even be open, at capacity, be able to answer phones, or what. Left a message, actually got a call back an hour or two later. Short version is they don't know if they're included among essential businesses and it sounds like they can technically accept animals but things are very in flux and they have no idea what will happen even tomorrow.

Still, I was worried I'd get a way worse response, IE: none, or "we definitely can't take anything." They just told me they couldn't accept surrenders, but it sounded like they could still accept strays, so I'm glad to hear they're not totally overwhelmed yet.
Problem is nobody is going to the shelter with a view to adoption. (More pressing concerns on their mind, obviously.) So cats are coming in, but not going out.

What do you think you might do now? Your kitty looks in excellent shape & may even be chipped. I feel sad just thinking about him all alone.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
What would that consist of?

(Just been informed that no rosary prayer is now allowed at church. There’s less than a handful of us, but the archbishop will now not allow it.)
Military takes over. I'm not sure what that means though. Check your diocesan website for news. They had a special Rosary said yesterday and I missed it. Im watching more EWTN since I can't go to church.

Yeah, it wouldn't shock me if it was chipped, though if it is it means someone probably got him and within months (unless it's grown and just smallish) mostly just let it roam outside with no collar, even during all this. Not great, so even if that is what happened I feel better with the cat's situation now, regardless.

I think there's a decent chance one of my sisters will take it. If not we'll just do our best until Tuesday, and if neither sister can take it by then I'll bring it in after all. Assuming they don't close by then or get a huge rush, that should still be viable.

Absolute worst-case scenario, we can care for it for awhile. I'd really really hope, if that happens, it eases up to the point where we don't have to work around this dog crate and can let it roam and maybe even trust us, that would make caring for it so much easier, but we'll see.

⬆️ It will get used to you with time. Nice food, clean water, a safe & happy atmosphere. Already his life is better than it was this time yesterday.

I could cheerfully strangle people who don’t take care of their pets.

martial law in a since means like in china or any dictator country where you can be beatin in the streets. Most people are staying other then needing food and working. Its the spring break dum dums who need a new brain

Im relatively certain it takes an act of congress to declare that. Most cases something that dire needs cabinet agree ment and we have 3 branches so no one being can rule.

Sadly, you speak the truth. I don’t expect China to have learned anything from this virus tragedy & no doubt everything will be as before. I saw one photo of a baby deer for sale sitting in a crate. So frickin sad.
But China doesn't have to learn anything about live animal markets. The U.S. could ban or even place a punitive tax on Chinese imports until they clean up their act and ban live animal markets.

Meanwhile why are the beaches and hotels still open in Florida? With all the spring breakers going there, they pose a real threat to propagating and spreading CV all over America. I just read today that researchers are thinking 80% of the CV transmissions are from young healthy asymptomatic people. It's a bad situation and Florida's governor is putting people at risk.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Meanwhile why are the beaches and hotels still open in Florida?
Because they're stupid.

Coronavirus comes for spring break: Local officials close Florida beaches after governor refuses to

At the height of the spring break rush, Gov. Ron DeSantis said Tuesday he would not order the beaches closed.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1163741