Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

I use to watch CNN and PBS/local news all the time. That was back in my 20s. I felt I needed to know what was going on in the real world. And it made me angry, so much injustices, so much wrong in the world...so I finally shut off the news and I became much happier. That's a true story.
You shut yourself off to injustices because they didn't personally affect you? That's kind of the whole point in people bringing up that some people can just do that and others have to deal with harsh realities. Your middle of the road positions come from a good place but surely you know they don't apply to everyone because everyone doesn't have the same life as you? If so i have to question why you keep making the same posts in a condescending manner like anyone bothered by anything in the world is an idiot because they don't just return to their middle of the road lives?

You shut yourself off to injustices because they didn't personally affect you? That's kind of the whole point in people bringing up that some people can just do that and others have to deal with harsh realities. Your middle of the road positions come from a good place but surely you know they don't apply to everyone because everyone doesn't have the same life as you? If so i have to question why you keep making the same posts in a condescending manner like anyone bothered by anything in the world is an idiot because they don't just return to their middle of the road lives?
I'm not going to argue with you because I like you, so you can have the last word. Maybe you've misunderstand what I was trying to say? I wasn't commenting on anything you've said.

I was commenting on the post between Denim and Sedai, and mostly agreeing with Sedai...And telling my own personal antidote how I was once hooked on newsmedia, which made me angry more often than not, so after some years of that, I totally shut off the news and now seldom watch it. That made me happier. If you have a problem with that, will then you do, but I don't see why anyone would.

I'm not going to argue with you because I like you, so you can have the last word. Maybe you've misunderstand what I was trying to say? I wasn't commenting on anything you've said.

I was commenting on the post between Denim and Sedai, and mostly agreeing with Sedai...And telling my own personal antidote how I was once hooked on newsmedia, which made me angry more often than not, so after some years of that, I totally shut off the news and now seldom watch it. That made me happier. If you have a problem with that, will then you do. I don't see why anyone would.
You're one of my favourite members Citizen, i've told you that many times so i'd also prefer not arguing.

I had a big long thing here explaining everything but it was terrible. I'd just like it if you don't tell us we don't need to argue every three posts, we know that we aren't idiots. Thanks.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I come and go depending on how much I like any of you people at a given moment. Right now, in-particular, I "go" because I've been working more hours at work and am in the process of moving to a new home (my first home of my own, with my fiancee). Honestly, my consistence on Movie Forums directly correlates with my interest in film at a given time.

Easily the most successful thread Sexy has created in years. Made less than a week ago and already its become a pseudo-sandbox where posters can get their bicker on. Kind of like a MoFo Chill Club with teeth.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Also MovieGal is history, same with SilentVamp and Gbgoodies. Probably a bunch more too.
Seeing GBGoodies mentioned a lot ^^ Nobody knows what happened to her though. She just vanished.
Same thing with Godoggo. She was around, then suddenly she was gone.

Could be life taking its toll. Let's hope not... I mean, we all saw how suddenly Deadite left us
Godoggo came back then left again so i assume she just wasn't into it anymore. gbg disappears for months at a time, wouldn't be concerned there either.

I haven't read this whole thread, (and it will probably be a while before I have time to read it), but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm okay, and the reason that I disappeared was not because of anything that happened here on MoFo.

I love this site, and I hope to be a member here for many years. I have a tendency to disappear at times due to my own issues. Sometimes I just get too busy with work, life, etc., and sometimes I just get stressed out over life in general, and I need to step back and take a break just to try to get back to being me.

It will take me a while to get back on track here after my break, but I'll try to catch-up as quickly as possible.

I haven't read this whole thread, (and it will probably be a while before I have time to read it), but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm okay, and the reason that I disappeared was not because of anything that happened here on MoFo.

I love this site, and I hope to be a member here for many years. I have a tendency to disappear at times due to my own issues. Sometimes I just get too busy with work, life, etc., and sometimes I just get stressed out over life in general, and I need to step back and take a break just to try to get back to being me.

It will take me a while to get back on track here after my break, but I'll try to catch-up as quickly as possible.

Please tell us in future if you're thinking of vanishing again

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Please tell us in future if you're thinking of vanishing again

I don't always know in advance when it will happen, but a good way to judge if it's stress related for me is if the forum starts talking way too much about horror movies, foreign movies, and arthouse movies. Those aren't really my type of movies, so I start to feel a bit like an outsider looking in when they become the main focus of the forum for too long, and it adds to my everyday stress, and I start to need a break.

Movie Forums may not be dying, but I think I've been "dying" from the forum myself.

And I think I've been doing this for a long time now.

I haven't really been a very good member here. I'm even worse now because I keep deleting my posts. I even deleted all of my posts in this thread, and some of them were very good, so I've heard.

I don't know if I'll ever fully be able to correct this problem. Sometimes I want to get the hell away from here for good. Sometimes I want to stay and see what positive things could happen if I stay.

I'm mostly scared of some kind of downfall to this forum. I fear for its future. I fear for my future here. I'm terribly upset about a lot of things I've done on this forum. The way I've reacted to things. I think, maybe, that I've been depressed and I just couldn't handle things the right way.
My advise....I think you know

I've been very NEGATIVE.

Even this thread's title sounds negative.

I haven't been looking at the positives in life.
Stop being so awesome. You're breaking my world.

I haven't really been a very good member here.
Do you even realise that I think of you as the mascot for this forum? If no one else is an example of this web site, you are. You're the champion ofthis site to me, and my feeble brain is not capable of imagining this place without you. You're iconic, a legend. You're the quintessential MOFO poster/member in my mind. I thank you SC for not only being here, but for being you.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Movie Forums may not be dying, but I think I've been "dying" from the forum myself.

And I think I've been doing this for a long time now.

I haven't really been a very good member here. I'm even worse now because I keep deleting my posts. I even deleted all of my posts in this thread, and some of them were very good, so I've heard.

I don't know if I'll ever fully be able to correct this problem. Sometimes I want to get the hell away from here for good. Sometimes I want to stay and see what positive things could happen if I stay.

I'm mostly scared of some kind of downfall to this forum. I fear for its future. I fear for my future here. I'm terribly upset about a lot of things I've done on this forum. The way I've reacted to things. I think, maybe, that I've been depressed and I just couldn't handle things the right way.

I can't take you seriously until I see a Morton Downey Jr. avatar. He was a true prophet of doom and gloom. Then I will know you are serious. As far as I know, you are the best at pushing the envelope without haranguing people . Until then, I think you are the quintessential spice in our rack. Can't make this baba ganoush without a sprinke of SC.

I haven't really been a very good member here.
Do you even realise that I think of you as the mascot for this forum? If no one else is an example of this web site, you are. You're the champion ofthis site to me, and my feeble brain is not capable of imagining this place without you. You're iconic, a legend. You're the quintessential MOFO poster/member in my mind. I thank you SC for not only being here, but for being you.
Some people see me as that, some people don’t. I used to see myself as that, but not really now. I thank you for the kind words (same to you, @doubledenim).

I fear for its future. I fear for my future here.
But that's what we all are doing for the whole life. Fear is one of the things that keep us alive. I don't mean to preach or anything, I just want to say that we struggle with negative feeling all the times. I'm struggling with it and don't think I'll ever come out of it.

Whatever you do, just please remain... sexy
Not as I remember you, but as you naturally are.

Wow, thanks! I don't know what I did but I'm honored.
Well, you... talked about movies I guess?

Other than that, you have never said a single nasty thing, as far as I have read.

I don't know what happened with avatars in MoFo, but last week was very upset when I didn't see Camo and SC's avatars. That had been how I remembered them. Now they're back, I'm happy.

(That new avatar is still not how I remember Sexy Celebrity.)

When I first joined MoFo, I was most impressed with Citizen's avatar. Some handsome gentlement. Maybe that's why he's my favorite MoFo