Blue Is The Warmest Colour

Tools    

A French film that today won the top prize at this years Cannes Film Festival, won the Palme d'Or. The three hour long film(apparently it doesn't feel like it's so long) is based on a graphic novel. I've only seen one other film from the director Abdellatif Kechiche called The Secret of the Grain/Couscous and I didn't think much of it but this new one looks excellent and the film has got amazing reviews so far.

A 17 year old, Adèle, played by Adèle Exarchopoulos(The Round Up), has no doubt : a girl must date boys. Her life is turned upside down when she meets Emma played by Léa Seydoux(Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol), a blue haired young woman, who allows her to discover desire and to assert herself as a woman and an adult. In the look of others, Adèle grows, searches for herself, loses herself and finds herself again.

Humm, can't seem to find a trailer but there are two clips from the film:

Clip two contains strong language:

It still needs some finishing touches apparently, it didn't run with end credits for example so they probably need to do a bit more in post production. So might be quite a while yet before it's released outside of France(October in France for example is their release date). Don't want to wait, looks fantastic.

Just hope they don't make it a shorter run time.

They have to cut out the explicit ten minute sex scene to avoid an NC-17 rating in the US. Vulture said the scene was replete with ....

http://www.vulture.com/2013/05/ten-m...ne-cannes.html

Officially an NC-17 rating and the film makers have decided to take it to cinemas with that rating, so happy to see they are not cutting it to try and fit into a lower rating.

Yep read about all that too, seemed to be a fight sequence in the film that seemed to bother them the most out of everything. Wouldn't work with him again but they still praise him but saying that I'm not surprised, heard he isn't a very nice director to work with at all and they have found that out first hand.