Your favorite anime

Tools    

Duplicate Account (locked)
I tend not to favor this genre, but there are some that i've really enjoyed. "Akira" was a pretty decent motion movie, and there are a couple of shows that have entertained me, such as "assasination classroom" and "kaze no yojimbo".

What are your favorite anime productions, whether it's a show or movie?

Coincidentally I just finished watching 'Paprika'. Good, and clearly 'Inception' ripped it off but not my favourite.

My favourite of the traditional bunch is Perfect Blue which I consider quite flawless for anime It's a great film.

Unless Grave of the Fireflies counts.......that's even better.

Coincidentally I just finished watching 'Paprika'. Good, and clearly 'Inception' ripped it off but not my favourite.

My favourite of the traditional bunch is Perfect Blue which I consider quite flawless for anime It's a great film.

Unless Grave of the Fireflies counts.......that's even better.

Is perfect blue the one with the...

WARNING: spoilers below
rape scene?

if so, then i vaguely remember watching it with friends a very long time ago.

Is perfect blue the one with the...

WARNING: spoilers below
rape scene?

if so, then i vaguely remember watching it with friends a very long time ago.
Yes, I believe it is the one. Quite uncomfortable viewing but it's good to have something a little different. That's what sets Perfect Blue apart from the rest. I feel if Takeshi Kitano or Sion Sono made anime it would be like Perfect Blue.

I also read that Darren Arronofsky loved the overhead bathtub scene so much in Perfect Blue, that he made the production company buy the rights to it so he could use it in 'Requiem for a Dream'. It may be an urban legend though.

Yes, I believe it is the one. Quite uncomfortable viewing but it's good to have something a little different. That's what sets Perfect Blue apart from the rest. I feel if Takeshi Kitano or Sion Sono made anime it would be like Perfect Blue.

I also read that Darren Arronofsky loved the overhead bathtub scene so much in Perfect Blue, that he made the production company buy the rights to it so he could use it in 'Requiem for a Dream'. It may be an urban legend though.

haha, i don't think that's how movie rights actually work, that typically has to do with naming because that can be easily recorded and bare to see, even though i think that copyright laws are flat out stupid from the get go.

Yeah, i think that having uncomfortable topics and scenes in movies is a good thing, the ethics/morality should just be concerned with how producers are making the movie. I vote no when it comes to harming animals, with humans it's a little trickier but i think movie making can be a fun and rewarding process for everyone involved.

I agree that Perfect Blue and Paprika are both excellent, but I prefer Tokyo Godfathers, also by Satoshi Kon. It's much less visually impressive but I love the story.

If you're interested in really beautiful imagery, I suggest the work of Makoto Shinkai. His films are stunning, though I'm not crazy about his storytelling.

Garden of Words

5 Centimeters Per Second

Your Name.

I don't mean to hype it too much, but I sincerely believe that the Cowboy Bebop series is one of the greatest works of art made by humankind. I'm also a big fan of Kino's Journey, Monster, Paranoia Agent (a Satoshi Kon series, by the way) and Serial Experiments Lain.

I don't mean to hype it too much, but I sincerely believe that the Cowboy Bebop series is one of the greatest works of art made by humankind. I'm also a big fan of Kino's Journey, Monster, Paranoia Agent (a Satoshi Kon series, by the way) and Serial Experiments Lain.

I really enjoyed cowboy bebop to the extent that I'm not even curious about the non-animated remake on netflix.

I really enjoyed cowboy bebop to the extent that I'm not even curious about the non-animated remake on netflix.
I have no interest either. The anime series provides a complete experience and I want to preserve the memory of it. I think the live-action adaptation would only take away from that.

I don't mean to hype it too much, but I sincerely believe that the Cowboy Bebop series is one of the greatest works of art made by humankind.
Is this referring to the 1998 series consisting of 27 episodes? Or should I be looking for something else?

A problem I've had with anime in the past is when I hear about something intriguing, only to find that there's 10 different series and 5 movies involved, and I don't know what order to watch them in, etc. So I get intimidated/frustrated and bow out.

Is this referring to the 1998 series consisting of 27 episodes? Or should I be looking for something else?
That's the one. That is the series available on Hulu, Tubi and Netflix (that's not live action, that is).

I agree about that being frustrating. That is the case with Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I also recommend (and which seems to have 2.0 and 3.0 versions, which I'm not sure are upgrades or sequels) as well as Kino's Journey (I recommend the 2003 series and not the one from 2017, which I haven't seen).

That's the one. That is the series available on Hulu, Tubi and Netflix (that's not live action, that is).

I agree about that being frustrating. That is the case with Neon Genesis Evangelion, which I also recommend (and which seems to have 2.0 and 3.0 versions, which I'm not sure are upgrades or sequels) as well as Kino's Journey (I recommend the 2003 series and not the one from 2017, which I haven't seen).
Thanks. It's been on my radar since back when it was on TV (MTV?). Somehow I was under the impression (at the time) that it was an older show being re-broadcast. So whenever I tried to get started in recent years, I was afraid the '98 version was some kind of reboot. The confusion is all my own fault.

Nameless from the Corrie guided me to the correct viewing order of NGE a few years ago. Enjoyed that, so I think CB will be next on my list.

Sailor Moon (1992 - 1997).

I don't mean to hype it too much, but I sincerely believe that the Cowboy Bebop series is one of the greatest works of art made by humankind.
Amen!

Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea is the best in my opinion. I can watch it all the time