Silent Hill 2

Tools    

In love with Distric 9
Havnt seen a Silent Hill 2 thread yet, so I tought' might aswell...'. If ive missed it, delete with please.

Anywho, Silent Hill 2 is coming next year. We can only speculate how much itll suck, but you never know...I for one hope it dosent suck-nard. Being a fan of the games, Silent Hill is what todays horror should be like. If only we could get a director whos actually capable of making a decent film...

Im trying to be hopeful, but I know you forum members know itll suck.
Well, do you...?

The first flick is like a silent grower, it doesn't live up to would it should be but whence you look at it again it's a pretty amazing flick with brilliant cinematography which creates a mesmerising atmosphere alongside the fantastic set design. Original is a very underrated flick, if only studio interference hadn't included more Sean Bean time which cut the tension in each buffer scene.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Silent Hill 2 is dead in the water dude. Sorry to burst your bubble. So don't expect it to be released anytime soon.
Such a shame I thought the first film was awesome

Silent Hill sort of...well...BLEW.

Originally Posted by Jrs Sequel Buzz Thread

Filmmaking duo plot a return to "Silent Hill"

Columbia Pictures has finally officially announced (via The Hollywood Reporter) a sequel to Silent Hill, which will begin production after the completion of Sony Screen Gems' Resident Evil: Afterlife. Screenwriter Roger Avary and Samuel Hadida of Davis Films are returning. No director has been named yet.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

Silent Hill 2 Screenwriter Sentenced to a Year in Jail

Just two weeks ago it was announced that screenwriter Roger Avary and producer Samuel Hadida had signed up to return for Silent Hill 2. If the production is going to stick with Avary, however, they may have to wait a while as the Oscar-winning Pulp Fiction writer has just been sentenced to a year in jail for causing a fatal traffic crash in Southern California. He's also received five years of probation.

Avary pleaded guilty in August to gross vehicular manslaughter and drunken driving for the 2008 crash that killed a passenger in Avary's Mercedes in Ventura County. Authorities say Avary's car was traveling at more than 100 mph when it crashed into a telephone pole.

Avary's wife was ejected from the vehicle and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Avary, who co-wrote the screenplay for Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf, was also attached to direct and write the video game adaptation Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Source: ComingSoon.net

Silent Hill 2 Screenwriter Sentenced to a Year in Jail

Just two weeks ago it was anounced that screenwriter Roger Avary and producer Samuel Hadida had signed up to return for Silent Hill 2. If the production is going to stick with Avary, however, they may have to wait a while as the Oscar-winning Pulp Fiction writer has just been sentenced to a year in jail for causing a fatal traffic crash in Southern California. He's also received five years of probation.

Avary pleaded guilty in August to gross vehicular manslaughter and drunken driving for the 2008 crash that killed a passenger in Avary's Mercedes in Ventura County. Authorities say Avary's car was traveling at more than 100 mph when it crashed into a telephone pole.

Avary's wife was ejected from the vehicle and was treated for non-life-threatening injuries.

Avary, who co-wrote the screenplay for Robert Zemeckis' Beowulf, was also attached to direct and write the video game adaptation Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
That's F* up.

*looks above* Oh... wow. I guess we won't be seeing the sequel any time soon. I thought the first one was - ok. As for the Silent Hill video games, all I can say is..AWESOME. Well done horror!

A system of cells interlinked
Indeed - I really liked Silent Hill 2 (game). Tremendous atmosphere...

i'm probably the only one who found Silent Hill insanely entertainment, but. i'm kinda looking forward to this.
Not the only one.. me too.
& Planet as well.. I think we have mentioned it quite often around here.

I am really looking forward to seeing this movie!
I really loved the first one and I hope the second will be somewhere near as awesome.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I loved Silent Hill, I really loved almost all of the games but 1 and 2 were the best 2 the very best of them all easily, and the most scary. I am not ashamed to say that playing Silent Hill 2 in the dark by myself was not a good idea.
I am really glad that they are keeping some of the original cast especially Sean Bean.

"Silent Hill" Sequel Hits At Halloween.

April 18th 2012

Open Road Film has picked up U.S. distribution rights to the "Silent Hill: Revelation 3D" and has scheduled it for an October 26th release says Heat Vision.
Michael J. Bassett ("Solomon Kane") helms this sequel to the 2006 film adaptation of the Konami video game series which earned nearly $100 million worldwide.
The project reunites three of the original film's cast members - Sean Bean, Deborah Kara Unger and Radha Mitchell. Joining them this time are Adelaide Clemens ("X-Men: First Class") and Kit Harington ("Game of Thrones").
The film opens a week after Paramount unleashes its fourth entry in the "Paranormal Activity" franchise.

I really enjoyed the first film too, some of the stuff seen is quite disturbing and the creatures involved are pretty spooky too.
The first film was underrated IMO.

Hopefully the sequel won't be a toned-down-wider-audience Hollywood cash-in.

I enjoyed the first film quite a bit. Just as a little aside: When I first went to see it, if you'll recall a certain scene involving some sort of nurse-creatures that Radha Mitchell had to manuever through...right as she reached them, the power in the theater went out! I heard several people scream...but it just made me laugh. But I was bummed that I had to get a ticket to see it again, but it was free so I went again and was glad I did. Just a memorable theater moment. Looking forward to the sequel.

SH is one of the most underrated horror movies of its decade. It stayed very faithful to the games and that probably hurt it as much as it helped, but it has a strong following and will probably come to be more widely appreciated in time.

That said, I unfortunately suspect the sequel won't be very good.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!