Shutter Island

Tools    

Martin Scorsese's next film is an adaptation of Shutter Island.

Two U.S. marshals investigate the disappearance of a patient from a hospital for the criminally insane on an island in Massachusetts. They run into trouble when they are deceived by others, and a hurricane and an inmate riot traps them on the island.

Sounds very different than anything he's done before , I'm really looking forward to this.

Awesome. Hope it's good. It's a Martin Scorsese movie, so it should be good.

I don't think I've ever been so pumped to see a film. As a big fan of the novel, I can't wait. The trailer (and thanks for providing it, by the way) looks fantastic.

What I loved about the novel so much was the way it combined psychological horror with mystery, and it looks like the film is trying to do just that. Scorsese being the director just makes me want to see it even more.

Here's a poster:

I'll definitely see it in the theater, as Scorsese is always worth a look. But I'd be careful about hoping for too much of a psychological horror element; it just doesn't seem like a trick he has in his bag, much less something he'd be actually interested in doing.

Also, he needs to shake DiCaprio. This is really getting tiresome.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
DiCaprio is his new muse, just like DeNiro was back in the day and Depp continues to be for Burton.

As for the trailer, really well done, but it gives me the indication of a twist ending. Having never read the book or knowing anything about the story whatsoever. I get the impression that...

WARNING: "Shutter Island" spoilers below
DiCaprio is patient 67, or something along those lines.

I don't want people to confirm or deny this, I just want to walk into the theatre and hope Scorsese delivers another great flick.

I love how he delves into different genres and this one looks right up my alley.

Suspect's Reviews

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I must see this movie, I think DiCaprico is a great actor and this movie looks sweet

A system of cells interlinked
I'll definitely see it in the theater, as Scorsese is always worth a look. But I'd be careful about hoping for too much of a psychological horror element; it just doesn't seem like a trick he has in his bag, much less something he'd be actually interested in doing.

Also, he needs to shake DiCaprio. This is really getting tiresome.

Why does he need to shake DiCaprio? He is obviously a tremendous actor if people like Scorsese put so much faith in him. I think he is damn good.

Di Caprio is no Bobby but if he's good enough for Scorsese he's certainly good enough for me

DiCaprio is his new muse, just like DeNiro was back in the day and Depp continues to be for Burton.
I don't know about him being a "muse". I don't see any special quality in DiCaprio that inspires Scorsese to write parts specifically for him; I think Marty has simply gone about making the films he would have made anyway, and that he simply likes working with DiCaprio. That's not the same thing.

DeNiro and Scorsese obviously had a special connection, and one that was more fruitful. As for Depp/Burton, I think that's another collaboration that needs to take a break.

Why does he need to shake DiCaprio? He is obviously a tremendous actor if people like Scorsese put so much faith in him. I think he is damn good.
Scorsese liking him doesn't make him a tremendous actor. The only thing that would make him a tremendous actor is what he does onscreen, not what one director happens to think. If you think he's damn good based on his performances, that's all that matters.

I just think Scorsese tends to be more interesting when he gets away from what's expected of him. I swear, if he casts DiCaprio as Sinatra, I'm going to vomit.

This is one of the few movies that I actually want to see. Tired of all of the retread and other crap that's out there. Plan on seeing drag me to hell soon too. I wasn't a big leo fan but he's starting to grow on me.

A system of cells interlinked
Scorsese liking him doesn't make him a tremendous actor. The only thing that would make him a tremendous actor is what he does onscreen, not what one director happens to think. If you think he's damn good based on his performances, that's all that matters.
Really? It's what he does on onscreen? I thought it was what he did at McDonalds on Thursday night. Excuse my french, but, no ****. Meanwhile, Scorsese placing his faith and trust in DiCaprio certainly means he isn't a bad actor, yes? Scorsese is one of the greatest directors of all time (IMO), so I take his opinion on who is good and who isn't as being informed and relevant in the world of film making. I think Scorsese is probably a bit better at deciding who has real acting talent than a bunch of silly folks like us, yes?

MovieForums Extra
I read the book when it first came out. I could NOT put it down. I would sit in my car before work, read as much as I could, then do the same thing when I got out of work. For those of you who don't know, its by Dennis Lehane, the author who wrote Mystic River. I halfway expected Clint to take a crack at this one too, but I'm interested in Scorsese's vision. I can't wait to see what they do with the ending. The ending in the book just totally cheesed me off. All that time invested in reading it, and all I could say was, "AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!" I'm looking forward to seeing Mark Ruffalo, Ben Kingsley, Max von Sydow and Emily Mortimer as the crazed murderess Rachel Solando.

Thanks for the trailer it looks interesting