Finding the Perfect Seat

Tools    

Most of us have a seat in our house to watch TV, but how about in the movies, do you have a specific seat that you always shoot for when you're going to a movie? Does it vary depending on the type of movie? Haha.

A system of cells interlinked
Absolutely. I like to be right in the center of the theater. Half way back, and half way across.

You're a Genius all the time
For no particular reason, I usually find myself on the right side of any theater. I like to sit somewhere near the middle of the room. An aisle seat, if available. And I'm not a huge fan of the first two or three rows, but I can comfortably watch a movie pretty much anywhere else in the house.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Absolutely. I like to be right in the center of the theater. Half way back, and half way across.
same.

I generally sit in the middle of the theater, in line with the projector.

Freeway terror
My friends think I'm crazy, but unless it's a theater with an EXTREMELY narrow divide between the seats and the screen, I like to sit right in the center of the front row. Yes, you have to crane your neck up just a little, but I just slump down in the seat a bit and I'm fine.

WHY the front? Because it's the one seat in the house where you can still watch a movie the same way you did when you were a little kid, with the action on the screen nearly overwhelming you. It's a very nostalgic way of watching a movie, and especially for the more "escapism" styles of films, it's just the best.

I really don't like people sitting behind me... so back row... by the wall...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Me Three, my wife hates it that we end up at the theater sometimes as much as an hour early to get good seats but hey! That's what books are for.

I like to sit in the middle, close to the Front

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
So I can see. It doesn't really matter where I sit!!

Favorite movie experience right here!! If theres a thread for that sort of thing I will tell you why later. Let me know if there is.

martian leader

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
I like to be dead center usually. Sometimes I prefer the back row. (If I'm planning on making out or being anti social.) It depends on the type of theater and how crowded it is too.

In run down theaters I like to look for center seats that have broken seats directly in front of them. That way no one sits in front of me. LOL!

I've watched exactly one movie in the front row and it didn't feel good to my neck.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have always sat in the first 10 rows, and I go to lots of theatres with huge screens. That's at least my venue of choice. Dead center in the middle of the seventh or eighth row is Heaven, but I'll move closer if that gets me a better seat. Plus, unless I've got stadium seating, I'll never sit in front of anybody. I've watched some of my favorite movies near the back of theatres or even in the balcony, if they have one, but that's usually after I've watched it a few times.

Yeah I miss balconies, they don't have many of them any more. Certainly not in most of the newer ones anyway. There's still several in Downtown Seattle and in the University District that have them, but I don't get over there much.

Im 6'5" 240lbs so when Im walking down the aisle I say "Who am I sitting in front of?!" out loud. That gets a chuckle.

When me and two girls went to see When A Man Loves A Woman that opening bar scene was DARK, and we entered the theatre late. I swear I couldnt have been blinder. I was babbling about not being able to see, and people were laughing. Poor girls were like "Dammit Rob lets just sit somewhere!" I go to sit and almost sat on somebody, and they yelled out in fear. The place broke out laughing.

Im not massive but can attest to the ruin of three movie theatre seats. Why Ive no idea. I just sat in them and they broke. One time I was sitting in it and my friends walked up to get their seats. I looked at them and them at me then the damn seat broke! They laughed.

Damn, I am 5'6 250 lbs and I have not broken any seats yet?

Okay seriously I am 6'2" 250 lbs and yes I need to tighten up the belly somewhat, but I do not think I have ever broken a seat, so it must not be weight Tongs.

I love the middle, 5 or more rows from front mostly, but if it is stadium seating and the seats are canted the sides are not bad at all.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I know I weigh more than anyone here, and I've never broken a seat. I do prefer the newer stadium seats though, with the lift-up arms because sometimes the old seats are less than comfortable.

Favorite movie experience right here!! If theres a thread for that sort of thing I will tell you why later. Let me know if there is.

martian leader
I assume you noticed that Movie Forums does not allow pictures in members signatures? There is a reason for that... so stop trying to get around the rule by just adding all the Martian pictures to your posts....

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
I assume you noticed that Movie Forums does not allow pictures in members signatures? There is a reason for that... so stop trying to get around the rule by just adding all the Martian pictures to your posts....

Favorite movie experience right here!! If theres a thread for that sort of thing I will tell you why

O.k sorry I just wanted to show you what I was talking about but I'm not EVEN GOING TO BOTHER!!

martian leader

My biggest concern when choosing a seat is finding one where I'm unlikely to be have to endure people talking near me. I don't mind sitting near others, but the closer I am to groups of people, the more likely one of them will end up chattering. And then I either have to endure it, or tell them to be quiet; both unwelcome distractions.

I've also found that it's worse having people talk behind you than in front of you, so I try to sit towards the back if I expect the place to be fairly full.

As for left/right...I prefer the center but usually end up on the sides, as the center is pretty populated most of the time. I prefer sitting on the right, because for whatever reason I find it more comfortable to look to my left. Don't ask me why.