Actors You Mistake for Other Actors

Tools    

Samuel L. Jackson is considerably younger Gummo !

www.forumninja.com
Originally Posted by B-card
now i remember i mistake Ashley Judd

for
Bridget Moynahan
Good call.

Can't say that I've ever confused them for another, but Hope Davis and Nina Siemaszko certainly have very simlar looks. They could play sisters, anyway.

Hope gets the more work of the two (American Splendor, Proof, About Schmidt, The Secret Lives of Dentists, Next Stop Wonderland, The Daytrippers, Arlington Road, Mumford, The Weather Man) and will wind up with an Oscar nomination one of these days. Nina, young sister of Casey Siemaszko (Biloxi Blues, Young Guns, Breaking In), mostly toils in series television in supporting and guest starring roles.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Oh, and sorry: most of you guys will only recognize Ms. Harring from the scene that you're watching so much frame-by-frame that it's burning a hole in your DVDs.

Now do you know who I'm talking about? Yeah, her name is Laura, and she has a career beyond an R-rated lesbian scene in a David Lynch movie.
Actually looks a little Marina Sirtis there

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
holy crap... I'd have thought they were both pics of Julia Stiles.
Yup, they still confuse the heck out of me. I have to keep checking their fimographies to make sure I got the right one.

The Adventure Starts Here!
HOW did I just read through three pages of this thread and not see anyone list the "famous" confusion that even the two actors themselves joke about all the time:

Laurence Fishburne and Samuel L. Jackson?

Then again, I think it doesn't happen as much nowadays with Jackson so much on the rise and Fishburne hardly seen at all ... but I used to confuse these two guys back in the day when they were both a lot less famous and doing smaller roles.

I'm just shocked that Jackson even got mentioned ... but not compared to Fishburne.

Oh, and Yoda? The Crudup/Schaech thing: I do believe that your lowly mother was the one who pointed out to you with 100% certainty in her voice that you were wrong and it wasn't Crudup in That Thing You Do!

Just thought I'd get my credit where it's due, bud. It's so seldom that I best you on anything movie-related...

I used to have trouble determining Mark Wahlberg from Matt Damon but no longer.

My sis thinks Kevin Spacey is John Malkovich a lot and vice versa. Don't ask why.

Put me in your pocket...
I used to get Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton mixed up. Even now, sometimes when I hear Bill Paxton's name or see him listed on the credits my minds eye see's Bill Pullman's face.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I used to get Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton mixed up. Even now, sometimes when I hear Bill Paxton's name or see him listed on the credits my minds eye see's Bill Pullman's face.
Strange that you mention it my father does the same mistake and he even argues with me that the President of the US in Independence day is Bill Paxton

Ok, seriously:

Jorja Fox and Leslie Bibb

When watching the skulls i thought: Jorja Fox AND William Pettersen, checking IMDb i found out i was wrong. Only in the skulls i think she looks like Jorja Fox, otherwise not at all.

The olsen twins ... hehehe

Am I the only one who gets thrown off by Jason Lee and Ryan Renolds?

when i was a kid i used to mix up burt lancaster and kirk douglas...don't ask me why, i don't know, they don't even look alike..

also bill paxton and will patton.....maybe it's the names

Originally Posted by DiZastaR
Am I the only one who gets thrown off by Jason Lee and Ryan Renolds?
No, you're not the only one...seeing as two other people on the page before this one said as much. You know, if you bothered to actually read through the thread you could have answered your own question.

Or was it rhetorical?

lol ye I juz think that one is really funi I found out they wernt the same person tryna figure out who some girl was on imdb haha