Actors You Hate

Tools    

Banned from Hollywood.
Colin Farel is a good actor...personally i think his greatest performance so far was in cassandra's dream...

I'm waiting for a lot of negative feedback on this one for those who saw the movie, but i personally loved it..

Kenny, don't paint your sister.

To answer your question, regnif, The Birds is actually the only Hitchcock movie I have seen, and it doesn't exactly make me want to watch more of them.
If you don't see more Hitchcock, you're missing out on some great films. I'll admit I don't love all of his work, but I think there's enough of his films that everybody can find at least one to like.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
Christian Bale, He irritates the crap out of me. His acting, his personality, his attitude the whole lot. Something about that man makes me want to ruin his entire career if i had the chance but i wouldn't due to the fact I am not like that, hehe. But No, He is the worst actor of all time, I have to say. He raged on the Set of Terminator : Salvation and that just assured me that he was one of those actors that i am rightfully hating and there is no need to even try to like him. The Main reason i think was due to his fail of a performance as Batman (I Hated the voice he put on whilst in the suit, got on my nerves). Ever since that I've looked at him as a pathetic actor and to add on as mentioned prior his outburst on set of Terminator Salvation.

If you don't see more Hitchcock, you're missing out on some great films. I'll admit I don't love all of his work, but I think there's enough of his films that everybody can find at least one to like.
Part of the reason why I haven't watched any others is because I'm not a fan of horror movies (unless it's Bruce Campbell's brand of horror which is mostly comedy). I only watched The Birds because it happened to be on TV.

Back to the subject, I suppose I should add actresses that irritate me:

Uma Thurman
Cameron Diaz
Kirsten Dunst
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Anne Heche
Scarlett Johansson

What's funny about this list, though, is that each one of them has starred in at least one movie that I absolutely love (Pulp Fiction, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Dark Knight, Return to Paradise and Ghost World).

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
Last thing I'll say on the subject: If you don't like horror but you want to give Hitchcock a chance try Notorious, Spellbound, The Man Who Knew Too Much, North by Northwest.

Banned from Hollywood.
Part of the reason why I haven't watched any others is because I'm not a fan of horror movies (unless it's Bruce Campbell's brand of horror which is mostly comedy). I only watched The Birds because it happened to be on TV.

Back to the subject, I suppose I should add actresses that irritate me:

Uma Thurman
Cameron Diaz
Kirsten Dunst
Maggie Gyllenhaal
Anne Heche
Scarlett Johansson

What's funny about this list, though, is that each one of them has starred in at least one movie that I absolutely love (Pulp Fiction, Being John Malkovich, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Dark Knight, Return to Paradise and Ghost World).

Agree with all the actresses that irritate you, MINUS Johansson and Thurman for me..those 2 are pure diamonds.

I have seen bits and pieces of In Bruges.

Is Ralph Fiennes funny in it?

Oh, and Miss Vicky? Loving your work.

I'd +rep most of your posts here, but I think I've given you quite a bit of rep already. Not that you didn't deserve it.

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Thanks honeykid.

Agree with all the actresses that irritate you, MINUS Johansson and Thurman for me..those 2 are pure diamonds.
I just don't get the appeal of Thurman. She hasn't impressed me as an actress and I find her a big turnoff. Physically she's just too... what's the world? Long. I like women with some curves to them.

As for Johansson, she's got the curves but her face has this pinched look to it that bothers me. And her voice is too husky. She almost sounds like a little boy. Plus she's never impressed me as an actress either.

But whatever floats your boat.

Christian Bale, He irritates the crap out of me. His acting, his personality, his attitude the whole lot. Something about that man makes me want to ruin his entire career if i had the chance but i wouldn't due to the fact I am not like that, hehe. But No, He is the worst actor of all time, I have to say. He raged on the Set of Terminator : Salvation and that just assured me that he was one of those actors that i am rightfully hating and there is no need to even try to like him. The Main reason i think was due to his fail of a performance as Batman (I Hated the voice he put on whilst in the suit, got on my nerves). Ever since that I've looked at him as a pathetic actor and to add on as mentioned prior his outburst on set of Terminator Salvation.
I concur, more or less.

Banned from Hollywood.
Thanks honeykid.

As for Johansson, she's got the curves but her face has this pinched look to it that bothers me. And her voice is too husky. She almost sounds like a little boy. Plus she's never impressed me as an actress either.

But whatever floats your boat.

What about Scoop? You gotta love her there..she was incredible in that movie..

Anarchist within reason
Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom honestly thought I might get a splinter watching acting that wooden

Hayden Christensen annoying whiny portrayal of Anakin Skywalker, could've made the character really dark instead sounded like a spoiled EMO teenager (Harry Enfield's 'Kevin' springs to mind)

Christian Bale Used to be a big fan but after his rant and seeing him in a few interviews I think he's a bit of a pompous nobhead who takes himself far too seriously. I mean he's been in some great films and portrayed iconic characters i.e Batman and John Connor but he's no Daniel Day Lewis

Danny Dyer Same charracter in every film he's in, portraying the cockney geezer, jack the lad, tough guy hooligan, even in his interviews he's always got his jacket zipped up and 'gives it large' as he would say when he's kissing up to real 'gangsters' and 'hooligans' in his rubbish documentaries.

He's about as believable as Michael Jackson trying to be a 'thug' in the video for 'BAD'
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

ok... so what is your favorite hitchcock movie?

damn i'm tempted to start a poll/thread on this subject..seen as i ve been here almost 3 weeks and have only started one thread.....anyways

Best Alfred Hitchcock Film

Alfred Hitchcock

Vote for your Favourite Hitchcock Film!

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

julia roberts

sanaa lathan

wesley snipes

keira knightly

sienna miller *she's cute...but really...untalented*

Is * * that bit why you don't like her? Because, if so, I'm guessing you hate most of Hollywood.

I dislike her because she's not talented.

Part of what keeps me even halfway interested is her beauty.

Keep guessing.

But that was my point. If you hate her because she's not talented, then I'd think you'd hate much of Hollywood. I couldn't tell you if she was talented or not, as I've only seen one film with her in it and I didn't even remember she was in it until I just looked at IMDB (Stardust, btw).

OH, I'm sorry. I thought you were saying I didn't like her because she was pretty. Got confuseddddd.

He just strikes me as being a douchebag personally and doesn't have the acting chops to make up for it. Alexander bit, so did A Home At the End Of The World, Miami Vice, and S.W.A.T.

About his only redeeming feature is his gorgeous eyes, but even they're ruined by his near unibrow.

What I saw of In Bruges was good though and one of these days I'll finish it.
His unibrow is annoying, but I liked him in Phonebooth. In Bruges was interesting, can't say I loved it, but it had its moments...loved the location.