98. Cabaret (1972)
100. Brazil (1985)

My ballot:

1. Gone Girl (2014)
2. Tropic Thunder (2008)
3. Chicago (2002)
4. Twelve Monkeys (1995)
5. Scream (1996)
6. Titanic (1997) (placed #81 on 2010 list)
7. Mean Girls (2004)
8. The Town (2010)
9. The Departed (2006) (placed #7 on 2010 list)
10. Easy A (2010)
11. Spring Breakers (2012)
12. Arrival (2016)
13. La La Land (2016)
14. The Fifth Element (1997)
15. Pan's Labyrinth (2006) (#68)
16. Hot Fuzz (2007)
17. Mulholland Drive (2001) (#66)
18. Thelma & Louise (1991)
19. True Romance (1993)
20. Batman Returns (1992)
21. Maverick (1994)
22. A Fish Called Wanda (1988)
23. Heathers (1989)
24. The Nice Guys (2016)
25. Heat (1995) (#70) (also placed #48 on 2010 list)

Only 2 films from the 2010's is quite amazing, no recency factor going on this time.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised. I figured we wouldn't be dominated by recent films, but I thought we'd have more. Nothing newer than 2013's Her, and that was towards the bottom.

Also: no Marvel films, no superhero films. Wouldn't have guessed that, either.

You ready? You look ready.
You're welcome, MoFo.

"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

That's a big surprise tbh... especially given the MCU has been so instrumental in cinema since 2008.
Also, looking back at the Comics List...

I remember getting the first list in... then the 2nd list, 3rd list... by the 4th ballot that came in, I knew TDK was gonna take the win.
It was simply so clear-cut from the immediate get-go... yet, All Time 2020, no superheroes at all

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yeah, I was a bit surprised. I figured we wouldn't be dominated by recent films, but I thought we'd have more. Nothing newer than 2013's Her, and that was towards the bottom.

I'm not surprised by no MCU and predicted as such, but i would probably have bet my left arm on TDK making it, and perhaps 1 or 2 more like Superman.

And here's the list for check-off purposes:

Movie Forums: Top 100 Refresh (2020)

I'll have to double check one more time but I believe the only movie that wasn't already on one of the previous MoFo decades or genre lists was Tarkovsky's Andrei Roublev (#67), which somehow missed placing on the '60s List.

*NOPE! I should have looked more carefully before posting. Andrei Rublev was on the MoFo '60s List, at #55. It must be cataloged differently now than it was when that list was created because it showed as "unseen" on my Refresh list.

So every single movie was already on one of the previous lists, including Her which hasn't been eligible for a decades list yet but placed on the Sci-Fi List.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

In case you guys were wondering, yes, I really had to mock it up/program stuff for this bit.

The things we do for comedy...

Ha! Infinity points

1. Will one of the Marvel films make the top 100? If so, which, and how high?
    No but The Avengers will just miss out. (looking forward to seeing how close the highest Marvel movie came)
  2. What will be the highest-ranked comic book film, if any?
    The Dark Knight, #37 (bad prediction, good outcome)
  3. What will be the oldest film on the countdown?
    I'll say The Passion of Joan of Arc, #93
  4. What will be the newest film on the countdown?
    Parasite, #77
  5. What's the highest-ranked film from the last list that won't make the cut at all this time?
    The Departed
  6. Which film will make the biggest jump from the previous list?
    Raging Bull, #87 to #24 ( I have no idea if I was right about this)
  7. What will be the top horror film?
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop

41 New Movies from 2020 List
59 Movies from 2010 List

My Summary:
Seen: 44/100

My Ballot List  

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I believe I'm right in saying no film retained it's place from the 2010 list, Godfather was closest dropping from #1 to #2. Not sure if any others are within 1 spot.

Firstly, a huge, massive thanks to Yoda and TUS for organising this and spending their precious time just so we can rejoice when a film matches our list and moan when it doesn’t. This site is nothing without hard work.

Secondly, as for the list – there are so many brilliant nominated films and great choices all the way to #1, but ultimately for me the list is a bit of a let down (personally I mean – not in the grand scheme of things). I think I’m right in saying that:

-Every film in the top 20 has a main language of English.
-Every film in the top 20, bar 1 is produced in the USA. Perhaps even the same city.

I think this is the first list of this type that I have ever seen that has a top 20 of entirely English language films. It’s pretty unfathomable that of all the hundreds of thousands of films ever made, every single one of the top 20 are all in the same language and lack any sort of geographical diversity. I had hoped that this being a community of film enthusiasts would result in a real mix of films, perhaps dissimilar to those on popular Western internet sites like IMDB. But it’s much the same. Even the IMDB Top 250 has a non English language film in the top 20, so arguably this list is even less diverse.

Approximately 85% of the films in this list were made in the USA. That’s some going. You have to wonder whether some people took this seriously if they voted for the three Lord of the Rings movies in the top 3 slots. This feels like a list of ‘The 100 most famous films ever’. Perhaps as Yoda suggested people interpreted this countdown as the 100 most ‘watchable’ films of all time instead of the ‘best’. There are very few (if any?) films from the most important and pioneering film movement in history (in my opinion) – the French New Wave movement. Techniques and tropes from those films are still being used in Hollywood blockbusters today. Come to think of it – is French cinema represented on the list at all?

Steven Spielberg 5 – 0 France

Also no Kieslowski, Bresson, Ozu, de Sica, Truffaut, Kiarostami, Antonioni, Wong kar wai? We have ‘Braveheart’ and ‘Dazed and Confused’ but no Ozu? That’s a real shame.

I think perhaps at the end of the day, I have to realize that maybe my film tastes are in the minority compared to most, and somewhat niche or unpopular.

I do hope that this message isn’t taken in the wrong way and doesn’t diminish from what is a great piece of work, after all 2001 a Space Odyssey is certainly a film that I have no problems with being touted as best ever. But I would be being dishonest if I hid my disappointment.

But, my thanks to the organizers far outweighs my disappointment.

I believe I'm right in saying no film retained it's place from the 2010 list, Godfather was closest dropping from #1 to #2. Not sure if any others are within 1 spot.
Chinatown went from #18 to #17.

You ready? You look ready.
Here's my PM to TUS. For historical reference.

"This is the best you’ll get out of me ��

I gots to skew the data

1. The Fountain
2. The Spectacular Now
3. The Last of the Mohicans
4. Dredd
5. Jupiter Ascending
6. Cloud Atlas
7. Brazil
8. The Animatrix
9. The Matrix
10. The Matrix Reloaded
11. The Matrix Revolutions
12. The Right Stuff
13. Call Me By Your Name
14. Uncle Frank
15. Kingdom of Heaven
16. Blade Runner
17. Blade Runner 2049
18. Sunshine
19. Lotr: Fellowship
20. The Hobbit (animated)
21. 2010 the year we made contact
22. 2001 a space odyssey
23. The Abyss
24. Space Cowboys
25. Unforgiven"

My Craptastic List.

1. Pan's Labyrinth
2. Little Big Man
3. Dog Day Afternoon
4. All Quiet on the Western Front

5. City of God
6. An American Werewolf in London
7. Dr. Strangelove.....
8. Boyhood
9. 12 Angry Men
10. American Beauty
11. Network
12. Young Frankenstein
13. The Hospital
14. M*A*S*H
15. Judgement at Nuremberg
16. Taking of Pelham 123 (original)
17. Terms of Endearment
18. Pride of the Yankees
19. The Descendents (2011)

20. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
21. Sleepers
22. Harold & Maude
23. Testament
24. Goodfellas
25. Forrest Gump

Biggest disappointments: Only one Lumet, No Dustin Hoffman, one film since 2010.

Here's my PM to TUS. For historical reference.

"This is the best you’ll get out of me ��

I gots to skew the data

1. The Fountain
2. The Spectacular Now
3. The Last of the Mohicans
4. Dredd
5. Jupiter Ascending
6. Cloud Atlas
7. Brazil
8. The Animatrix
9. The Matrix
10. The Matrix Reloaded
11. The Matrix Revolutions
12. The Right Stuff
13. Call Me By Your Name
14. Uncle Frank
15. Kingdom of Heaven
16. Blade Runner
17. Blade Runner 2049
18. Sunshine
19. Lotr: Fellowship
20. The Hobbit (animated)
21. 2010 A space odyssey
22. 2001 a space odyssey
23. The Abyss
24. Space Cowboys
25. Unforgiven"
Had to do a double take, what the hell is 2010 A Space Odyssey, just googled it, who knew.

I will put out my list a bit later.
Well done @Yoda and @TheUsualSuspect
Loved listening to that conversation. I don't why I giggled at the term Lynchlesslist.

Also applause to @John McClane for making the all important and the biggest move.

The trick is not minding
Thank you, Yoda, and TheUsualSuspect, for the ride. For the time and effort put into this, so that we film fanatics have even more to debate, and discuss, and lament about the inclusion and exclusion (No Platoon, It Happened One Night, The Grapes of Wrath, or The Maltese Falcon!).

Surprised at the lack of Fellini, Herzog, andTruffaut.

I think we can all agree this went by too fast! On to the next one!