DVD sets

Tools    

I was at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a lot of DVD sets that aren't related to each other. For example, Virus was packaged as a set with End of Days. So, I brought this up at a meeting yesterday and I got the go ahead to 'create-a-set', so to speak. My company is interested in grouping films in a 2 or 3 disc package that are either similiar by genre or completely different with maybe only feature similiarities. So, I turn to everybody here for a little insight. These set suggestions could literally be anything, so I'm wondering what DVDs would you buy if you saw them together. Also, what do you think a far price for these should be? These can be any film except Disney animated films like Lion King and Cinderella because Disney has sole rights to these discs and we would never be able to create a set including them. Any and all suggestions will be forwarded and probably approved. Thanks!!

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
A DVD set of Vampire movies would be cool. Like Blade, John C's Vampires, and then throw in something like Dracula Dead and Loving it. I'd buy that.

Grouping Tommy Boy and Blacksheep together I think would be pretty popular. Both Airplane! movies. umm.. T2, The Abyss, and Indepence Day for the menus would be cool.

All the Bond movies starring each dif actor grouped together. A group of Sean Connery type thing.

I'll think of some more.

That Bond idea is great, but who would you put George Lazenby with. Maybe a three pack with Timothy Dalton.

I'd like the old Sabrina with the new Sabrina, the old Gloria with the new version...that kind of thing.

A 3 pack of Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movies.

I wish there were really good comedy sets out.

Yeah I would try to combine movies by the same director. I love almost every film by certain directors and sometimes watch them all right in a row...so combining them would be perfect.

That is a good idea. I'd love a Rob Reiner set.

Well i would do movies grouped together by like genre. i.e.

007 movies w/ mission impossible,
saving private ryan w/ u-571.
unbreakable w/ sixth scence.

Or whatever, something like that where they're the same type of movie whether it be action, war, sci-fi.

Didn't see it.
One of the thing I've noticed about a lot of the DVD's that have multiple movies by one star is that they are stinkers that no one has ever heard of. They need to package good movies together. I just saw a Jimmy Stewart double feature DVD where I had never of either movie.

I wouldn't mind sets such as:
  • Tracy/Hepburn
  • Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan
  • Nora Ephron
  • Frank Capra
  • Anthony Hopkins
  • Hannibal movies - Hannibal, The Silence of the Lambs, and Manhunter
  • Stephen King
  • Coen Brothers
  • Catherine Zeta-Jones
  • Sinatra
Well, that's a start.