Zones Suck.

Tools    

B&W
Wasn't making zones for DVDs just the dumbest idea? I mean they should have known it wouldn't work properly. And now it means anyone who has bought a DVD player locked on their own country's zone, can't enjoy the large amount of DVDs that are of different Zones.

PAL kicks NTSC's butt!

Yes, it was a stupid, insulting, short-sighted, money-grubbing scheme by the industry. But more and more of the new players are now region-free, as they should be.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by B&W
And now it means anyone who has bought a DVD player locked on their own country's zone, can't enjoy the large amount of DVDs that are of different Zones.

Most DVD players or ROMs have hacks or firmware upgrades which you can use to set your player into region free mode

Zones do suck, they just cause a bit of extra work/hassle.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Not all cars are made the same. Wanna do something about that too?
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
???

It sucks when rip off britain charges loads of money for DVD's and my globe trotting pals come home with loads of nice cheapies for me only to find I can't play them on my player.

B&W
Most DVD players or ROMs have hacks or firmware upgrades which you can use to set your player into region free mode
Yeah I know this. But notice how you put 'Most DVD players or ROMs'? That's where I'm stuffed!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
ARGH SO WAS I!

i couldn't find the hack and was so pissed off with the player that i decided to flash it with any firmware as i had 40 odd new dvds to watch.

needless to say by the end i had to bin it.,