"Bits" you wait for in movies...

Tools    

I always wait to see the Salma Hayek dance in Dusk 'til Dawn. I'm a chick and even I can admit that is damn sexy. I also like how you can see George Clooney checking out Salma's butt, even though she said in an interview that he had promised he wouldn't.

Star Wars Episode 1 - Final dual with Darth maul.

Hulk - fighting the dogs

Final Destination - Plane blows up

Bedazzled - evertime he cries during sunset,also the basketball scene.

Planet of the Apes - Ending

The Ring - Coming out of the t.v.

Me Myself and Irene - The whole sequence of scenes immediatley after he has a break down in the line up at the grocery store.

Spiderman - Fighting flash by the school lockers.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Here's mine:

1. The Jerk: I was born a poor, black child.

2. Night of the Living Dead (Original): They're coming to get you, Barbera!

3. A Chirstmas Story:
This one goes to the light, this one goes to the radio, ah, well, just one too many!

You'll shoot your eye out, kid!

Oh, fudge... only I didn't say fudge. I said the mother of all swear words. The F--- word!

There's more that I like from this film, I just can't think of all of them right now...

4. Back to the Future:

The scene in the beginning where George McFly is laughing while watching The Honeymooners.

Who do you think? The Libiyans!

That's all I can pretty much think of right now. Oh wait, here's one more:

5. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure: To Francis: (Laughs) I love that story!

Again, there's a lot more bits from this film but I really can't of them at the moment.

LOTR: The Two Towers Gandalf's return in front of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. There is just something magical about that scene for me

Ghostbusters Venkman tells everyone to empty their minds then "the choice has been made" or something like that and everybody looks at Ray

Moulin Rouge! The Elephant Love Medley

The Big Lebowski when they throw the fake suitcase out of the window but the kidnappers just drive off "**** it Dude, let's go Bowling".

Back To The Future when Biff and his crew chase Marty and end up in horse manure

X Men the final scene in Magneto's cell

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
The Matrix---the training program fight with morpheus, the train station fight scene.

Final Destination 2 ---- the big massive humongous traffic accident

Lotr-two towers
--- the battle at helm's deep

Me myself and irene---the first time hank emerges 'nanananana we're gonna rock you'

Pulp fiction --- the dance competition, the "If you say what..." scene, The wolf telling the guys to clean the car, any time Jules does the Ezekiel 25:17. speech

Dirty Dancing--- the learning the steps montage

Evil Dead 2: Cabin fever scene, hand possesion/dismemberment, chainsaw....'groovy'

The Thing: blood test

The Crow: pawn shop

Army of Darkness: 'this is my BOOOMstick

James Bond: theme song moments

Pitch Black: when the annoying one form FarScape gets wasted

The ending of Army of Darkness when Ash is confused:

"Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! (brief silence) "Klaatu Barrada Nnmmph 'cough cough' "

I think that's how it goes.

I always liked Judd Nelson's, "FFFF******** YOU!!!" in The Breakfast Club.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by jrs
The ending of Army of Darkness when Ash is confused:

"Klaatu Barrada n... Necktie... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! (brief silence) "Klaatu Barrada Nnmmph 'cough cough' "

I think that's how it goes.
Thats not really the ending of the movie??

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Ferris Bueller's Day Off - the clarinet bit and "Let My People Go"
Bandits - Cate Blanchett singing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" as she's driving around, crying
The Princess Bride - many, but especially Vicini's death
Bridget Jones' Diary - singing "All By Myself". That bit makes me laugh and cry at the same time. Sing it, sister.
Pirates of the Caribbean - Johnny Depp stepping off his sinking ship onto the dock
Lost In Translation - when they're dozing off and he puts his hand on her feet... not a funny bit, but one that gets me.

Best ever: Clue - "I... am... your singing telegram..." <BANG!>

Lethal Weapon 2, South African consulate Joe Pesci and Danny Glover
"b-b-but yer blick"
then the mockery in the car
just cracks me up "but yer blick?"

LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (d. Jackson 2000)

During the *long-expected party when Bilbo gives his famous (now infamous) eleventy-one birthday speech.

Originally Posted by Bilbo
"I don't know half of you as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
Once the fellowship leaves the Mines of Moria and goes into Lothlorien and they have the Elves singing in Elvish (Quenya if I stand correct, that or Sinardin) a mourning song for Gandalf. It's simply beautiful.

Originally Posted by Lament for Gandalf
A Olorin i yaresse (Olorin, who once was...)
Mentaner i Numeherui (Sent by the Lords of the West)
Tirien i Romenori (to guard the lands of the East)
Maiarion i Oiosaila (Wisest of all Maiar)
Mana elye etevanne (What drove you to leave)
Norie i melanelye? (That which you loved?)
Mithrandir Mithrandir, A Randir Vithren (Mithrandir, Mithrandir O Pilgrim Grey)
u-renianthach i amar galen... (No more will you wander in the green fields of this earth)
I reniad lin ne mor, nuithannen... (Your journey has ended in darkness)
In gwidh ristennin i fae narchannen... (The bonds cut, the spirit broken)
I lach Anor ed ardhon gwannen... (The flame of Anor has left this world)
Caled veleg, ethuiannen. (A great light, has gone out.)

LOTR: The Two Towers (d. Jackson 2001)

When Eowyn is in the room where Theodred was and Grima Wormtongue comes in and delivers this tiny speech that originally belonged to Gandalf during the House of Healing chapter in ROTK (book!)

Originally Posted by Grima Wormtongue
Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you've spoken to the darkness in bitter watches of the night. When all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you. A hutch to trammel some wild thing. So fair. So cold. Like a morning of pale spring still clinging to winter's chill.
That part is just...for me words fail to explan. Furthermore when she walks out of the Golden Hall and is standing on top of the steps as her cousins flag is being released and it falls near to where Aragorn is riding.

I went and saw it the last 2 times I saw it just for that part.

After Theodyn is restored and he's talking to Gandalf at Thedreds grave and then the two children arrive.

And finally towards the end of the Battle at Helms Deep, when all hope was gone, but they were fighting on shouting 'Forth Eorlingas' and suddenly you hear a Gandalf voice over...

Originally Posted by Gandalf
"Look to my coming at first light on the fifth day. At dawn. Look to the east."
And Gandalf on Shadowfax and the huge force of the Rohirrim just comes crashing down on the rest of the orcs.

LOTR: Return of the King (d. Jackson 2003)

Originally Posted by Eowyn
"I am no man."
Such a wonderful display of not just a girl kicking butt, but a show of immense courage and defiance when fighting for those you love.

Amelie (d. Jean-Pierre Jeunet 2001)

When Amelie is sitting with her elderly neighbor (forgot his name), and they are talking about the girl with the glass in the painting.

Later on when she is skipping rocks from that bridge.

When Nico comes into the deli/cafe and she's right behind him, and then once he leaves and she melts into water.

Schindler's List (d. Spielberg 1993)

The girl in the red dress. I guess that qualifies as a scene but that is just the moment in which you see Schindler grasp what is being done.

*Isn't cool how the first chapter in The Hobbit is called 'An Unexpected Party' and the first chapter in Fellowship of the Ring is 'A Long Expected Party'? It always reminds me just exactly why I love LOTR so much, although I haven't the slightest idea why.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

"I can't help it..."
I thought of some more:

Cannibal! The Musical
"... Fudge packer?"

Six Degrees Of Separation
When Will Smith's character talks about his "stolen" thesis

Adams Family Values
1) When the baby is first born and the family is looking into his crib.
Morticia: "Gomez, he has your father's eyes... Take them out of his mouth"
2) When Pugsley shoots down the American Bald Eagle with his bow & arrow.
Gary: "An American Bald Eagle... I thought they were extinct"
Wednesday: "They are now"

Secretary
1) Mr. Grey: "We can't do this 24 hours a day, seven days a week"
Lee: "Why not?"
2) Peter: "Lee... Are you doing something sexual right now"
Lee: "Does this look sexual to you?"

Kill Bill: Vol. 1
The way Sonny Chiba as Hatori Hanzo says "Goooooood" at the sushi bar

Another Day In Paradise
When Melanie Griffith's character shoots heroin into her jugular

Will think of more...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

Deep Impact- Impact of Comet (I think it was a comet) into the Ocean.
Armageddon- Barrage of asteroids laid upon NYC. Impact of Asteroid in France.
Pirates of the Caribbean- Transformation from Human to Skeleton. Clash of skeleton warriors and Human soldiers.
Matrix: Revo- Final battle between Neo & Smith.
LOTR: Two Towers- Helms Deep raid made by the Uru-kai.
AvP- Clash of Predator and Alien… awesome…
Troy- Just the overwhelming numbers of armed forces was stunning.
Hero (with Jet li)- *See Troy*
X-Man2- Mutants fight back.
Final Destination 2- Highway accident.
Pearl Harbour- Attack on Pearl Harbour
Sum Of All Fears- The Russian air assault on an American air craft carrier.
Chain Of Commanf- The nuclear attack on Hong Kong and Washington.
The One- All the fight scenes. (The music really got you adrenaline pumping during the movie.)

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Full Metal Jacket-When Lawrence(pyle) blows his brains out.
Detriot rock city-When the Kiss vinyl drops on top of the moms vinyl... and she flips.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Unbreakable
Amistad: John Quincy Adams' speech to the U.S. Supreme Court (delivered by the indispensible Sir Anthony Hopkins). Moving stuff, no matter who you are.

My first reaction was to call you nuts, but then upon rethinking it, I've decided you're right. I was moved at how God-awful of film and imparticular that scene was. Moved that such filth could ever have been made, then moved by the fact that Spielberg uses his name and power in the business to make stupid rewritten historical/half truth/propagadaish/heavy handed piles of heaping crap.

Moved that relatively good actors would ever attach their name to the project.

Moved upon looking back that I was able to sit through the thing without stabing myself.

Sir indeed you are correct. I was moved alright.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
My first reaction was to call you nuts, but then upon rethinking it, I've decided you're right. I was moved at how God-awful of film and imparticular that scene was. Moved that such filth could ever have been made, then moved by the fact that Spielberg uses his name and power in the business to make stupid rewritten historical/half truth/propagadaish/heavy handed piles of heaping crap.

Moved that relatively good actors would ever attach their name to the project.

Moved upon looking back that I was able to sit through the thing without stabing myself.

Sir indeed you are correct. I was moved alright.
Now I haven't seen 'Amistad' yet, so I am most likely out-of-line in saying this but I just have too. I have however researched Amistad, quite thouroughly and must say that making a movie out of it wasn't a bad idea at all. So although I am unsure what you mean when you say 'stupid written historical/half truth/propagadaish/heavy handed piles of crap' I sort of am looking to see if you'll explain yourself.

The actual story is historically fascinating on many different levels, and I am not just saying that because I am a history buff. The significance of it and what it started is morally unsettling and also is the 'formal' beginning of a debate that in some places really hasn't ended.

Your little comment about how 'Spielberg uses his name and power in the business to make stupid rewritten historical/half truth/propagadaish/heavy handed piles of heaping crap' still sort of get's me. It may not of been Spielberg's best but look at 'Schindler's List' which is absolutely remarkable and just as unsettling as the story of Amistad is. Still I haven't seen it, but your lack of reason is a bit of incentive to defend it. Historical films are not for everybody, but they still should be respected not always just for the cinematic quality or acting like 'Schindler's List' often rightly is. But the moving stories they have and what they do to recreate history and to bring a little bit of what it was like back then to the viewer. I know I haven't seen it, but even whatever thing they could do to botch the story it's still something that should be respected.

1. How can you discuss the treatment of a subject in a film you haven't seen?

2. How is recreating history inaccurately something that should be respected?

3. Really, how can you discuss the treatment of a subject in a film you haven't even seen?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra