Best mini series that you have seen

Tools    

"I can't help it..."
I guess they sorta count as movies, just a big one cut in half...
I think the best mini series' that I have seen are:

The Lost World (UK)
Changi (Australia)
Blonde (US)
After The Deluge (Australia)

... now you...
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

My favorites in order are?:

Band of Brothers
Lonesome Dove
Roots
Shaka Zulu
Storm of the Century
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Only for the weak
Oh yeah, Band of Brothers by a long shot. Some of the longer running HBO series' are good at times(Sopranos and OZ).

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
While you guys are on such a cool topic as listed above would you (please please) visit my similar thread here so I can finally sleep at night?

Holy bombs make holy holes...
Threads (U.K.)

This was the British version of 'The Day After' but it was made a lot better and gave a much more realistic view of the long term affects of nuclear war that 'TDA' didn't.
Dennis: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how'd you get that eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
Woman: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.

-The Holy Grail

Well, Beale, how many times are YOU going to ask the same frippin' question anyway?

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Stand or The Shining (i'm gonna get fried for this one)
And found he was eating his shoe.

Lonesome Dove
Robin of Sherwood
Roots
Shaka Zulu
North and the South
Arabian Nights
Shogun

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Well, Beale, how many times are YOU going to ask the same frippin' question anyway?

Geez Holden! Took you long enough!

That thread was for TV movies...and I've made a decision on that already. Now I'm on mini-serieses...

(I knew you'd say that sooner or later though... )

I saw "Anne Frank" on tv and it was really sad but it was really good my dad might get me the videos for Hankka(A jewish Holiday)
That is the only one I can think of right now but it is good if anyone saw it on tv a while ago!
See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Really! Hannka is a jewish Holiday? Are you sure?

Is it fun making a little kid feel stupid?

I must become Caligari..!
How many episodes can a Mini-Series have before its its no longer a Mini-Series and becomes a TV program?
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Put me in your pocket...
Pride and Prejudice (1995)
Emma (1997)
North and the South
Roots

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Is it fun making a little kid feel stupid?
Anyway the holiday starts on the twenty of this month!You know what I mean!
uh I can't think of a good one right now but I well!Is Anne Frank a mini series?
No one answeared that question yet!Anyone knows if that would count!See you around!JM

Holy bombs make holy holes...
Band Of Brothers
Threads
From The Earth To The Moon

"You Couldn't Make It Up...!!!"
Tobe Hooper's Stephen King adaptation hands down! Reggie Nalder makes one hell of a vampire and Bonnie Bedelia is just a darling...

John.

Messenger from Hades' Gate
I'm partial to this series:

My girlfriend got me hooked on the 10th Kingdom