Films With Loooong Shots.

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Originally Posted by Nitzer
Shaun of the Dead when he goes to the store in the morning.
Agreed.

As for "loooooong shot" the only one that comes to mind is Harold and Maude when they picnic in a massive graveyard and it zooms out and they are tiny figures amongst hundreds upon hundreds of white headstones. Whoa.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
The Secret in Their Eyes

&feature=related

A system of cells interlinked
Scarecrow - The breakfast scene, during which Hackman and Pacino eat breakfast and chat about their future plans to start a car wash - all one shot.

1, 2, 3 -- The scene were Cagney rattles off instructions, makes deals, and orders clothing and other essentials to convert a former East German communist into a titled husband for the daughter of Cagney's boss then enroute to Berlin from Coca Cola headquarters in Atlanta. I don't know how long it runs but I understand it was shot in one long take with Cagney speaking as fast as possible. Because he had trouble delivering that dialogue, Cagney decided it was time for him to retire, making that the last movie in which he starred.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

always will be my favourite long shots.

haven't read through thread, so may have been already mentioned.

Tsai has surprisingly not been mentioned. Static, wide-shot long takes are essentially his form. That and no dialogue.

Not sure why Tarkovsky hasn't been said either. He differs from Tsai form-wise only in utilizing a good deal of camera movement. All of his boring-ass, fugue-scored tracking shots across paintings are looooong takes too. He likes to refrain from dialogue at times too, but no one is comparable to Tsai.

Loooooong shots are also why Satantango is so godawful long. Possibly the most perfectly fitting first shot ever in terms of form.

Angelopoulos! The master! My god... those long takes of his... so amazing.

The first shot of Satantango is amazing, though.