MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - The Season

Tools    

Even when I win I'm still the biggest loser. In this weird week of NFL upsets and stars underperforming I did eek out my third win. Similar to the Monday night game versus the Colts in Week 5 Baltimore played like warmed over garbage for more than two quarters only to pour it on late and get the overtime win they probably didn't deserve versus Minnesota. Thus Lamar's fantasy numbers were good finishing with 36.64, the highest QB score of the week. I only had two other double digit returns. George Kittle reemerged from the injured list and despite a fumble on his first action he looked very much like the Kittle of the past few seasons with six catches for 101 yards and a TD (17.10). Chase McLaughlin, Cleveland's place kicker, accumulated 11.00 points mostly on the strength of five extra points in the Browns slaughter of Cincinnati.

And that was about it. Davante Adams struggled to get good chances after the Aaron Rogers COVID debacle while Deebo Samuel saw targets go to Kittle and Aiyuk in their loss. The worst was Chase Edmonds, who had finally been showing signs of life and like Arizona may give him more plays, who sprained his ankle on his very first carry of the game, saddling me with a 0.30 score. The way James Conner has been playing all year coupled with how great he did Sunday after Chase was out should cement Edmonds as unnecessary, even if he returns in a couple weeks.

Once again I could not even get to 100 points. Among the four teams with 3-6 records I forever remain way behind in points and retain twelfth place. I am 58 points away from eleventh place and 89 away from ninth. Even if I could continue to eek out wins - which I assure you I cannot - there is less than no chance I can make up all of those points. It is dark in this deep hole, Man.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The trick is not minding
This week we look to teams trying to cement their spot in the top 6 while a few of us (myself and PW) sit at 4-5 trying to improve our records while hoping for a few of the teams ahead of us to lose.
LKA continues to win, and now looks to be the team to beat. He takes over the #1 spot, and first round bye, from Empire, who is still waiting for his RB’s to get healthy. Their absence has hurt him in recent weeks. He still has a chance at that second bye, however.
Big matchups to watch this week are:

Beantown Champs vs The Empire
Censored Clowns vs Russel’s Last Stand
LightsKameraAction! Vs Parrotheads

A system of cells interlinked
Ooh! Breaking news for those who are looking for a good QB. Cam Newton has resigned with the Panthers!
Yea, people just HAD to see this coming, right? CAR was in such dire need, and Cam was just sitting out there...

The trick is not minding
Yea, people just HAD to see this coming, right? CAR was in such dire need, and Cam was just sitting out there...
I personally thought Houston was a possibility, with their QB situation as it is. But yeah, it makes sense.

Yeahhhh, sorry, not sure I can help you there.

Hopkins is out again. That's the top two picks (and Julio) out on the same week two starters are on Bye, which is some bananas timing. Gesicki got zero catches on seven targets, too, so it ain't lookin' good.

The trick is not minding
Weird. I hadn’t seen anything about Hopkins being out again. Your WR slot is getting pretty thin these days. Would rather that trend continue for our game next week haha

Hopkins things is maybe not confirmed but the tell tale "we're hearing they do not expect him to play" rumors are out and that probably correlates over 90% of the time.

Re: WRs. Had the opposite problem for a bit there with Chase busting out and Cooks being solid as always, but yeah, Jones and Hopkins both gone and Robinson being maybe the single biggest non-injury bust of the year changed that in a hurry.

Football, man. Football.

The trick is not minding
Robinson just had the misfortune of His coach playing QB roulette. He hasn’t had time to get comfortable with Fields yet. And to be honest, I don’t think they’re will this year. He’s a free agent after this year, so he’ll probably find a better team next year, with hopefully a better QB. His numbers should bounce back.

The trick is not minding
Wonderful. Brady with 2 interceptions already. Hoping he can bounce back, as there is still 3 quarters to go, but this isn’t a good start.

Robinson just had the misfortune of His coach playing QB roulette. He hasn’t had time to get comfortable with Fields yet. And to be honest, I don’t think they’re will this year. He’s a free agent after this year, so he’ll probably find a better team next year, with hopefully a better QB. His numbers should bounce back.
Yeah, maybe. The logic was he put up great numbers even with totally awful QBs, so amusingly I picked him because I thought he had one of the higher floors of anyone in the league. Oops.