Alexandra's Project is an Australian film released this year, written & directed
Rolf de Heer, who made other films such Bad Boy Bubby & The Tracker.
Alexandra's Project is about a normal everyday family household.
Steve (Gary Sweet) lives with his wife Alexandra (Helen Buday) & their two kids in the Adelaide suburbs, they have a perfect life... Or do they.
Something does not seem right about Alexandra. She doesn't seem to be comfortable in her surroundings, and looks lost. Steve is totally unaware of it... Until his birthday. When Steve is at work, his wife makes a video tape for him & when he comes home, he finds it.
Putting the tape into the VCR is the moment that his life comes crashing down, in devistating style.

The film is almost totally set in a dark room with Gary Sweet watching the television, and Helen Buday talking to him on the tape. You would think a film that goes for two hours would get boring pretty fast with that sort of scenery.
But it doesn't... Sweet & Buday are both masterful at making the script come to life, in a blur of sexual frustration, anger & sadness.

Rolf de Heer directs with a style all his own & is totally doing something new...

Brilliant, provocative viewing! ****1/2
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!