The 7th MoFo Hall of Fame

Tools    

I'm feeling pretty confident with my nom. I chose something that a lot of people are familiar with. I've done a quick check of the participants so far, most of them have already seen it and most who've seen it seem to like it. Fingers crossed that results in a good placement.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
GB, you're going to despise my nomination, and I bet some others won't like it either (it's not a horror film). But it just felt right for me to nominate it. When I nominated Autumn Sonata and then Woman in the Dunes, I felt exactly the same way, like these films are absolute masterpieces in my eyes and deserve to be in the hall of fame.
Well that doesn't make me happy. I don't mind if it's a foreign film, or an arthouse film, or even a foreign arthouse film, but please tell me that it doesn't have bugs and/or spiders in it.

IMO, you should rather look for a film that you think deserves to be in the hall of fame - which is different from nominating something just with winning in mind - instead of nominating something just to please everyone.
I have a few movies in mind that I think are HoF quality movies, but the problem is that most people usually don't agree with me. Like I said, I'm not picking a movie to win. I just don't want people to hate it.

Am I allowed to post my short list here so people can see what movies I'm considering, or is that a big no-no?

Well that doesn't make me happy. I don't mind if it's a foreign film, or an arthouse film, or even a foreign arthouse film, but please tell me that it doesn't have bugs and/or spiders in it.
It's none of those. It's just not a very happy movie.

It's none of those. It's just not a very happy movie.

That's okay. At least I'll be able to watch it with an open mind.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
GB, just go with your heart. I nominated Foreign Correspondent last time and it tanked, but that's OK.

In fact, my nomination this time may tank too. I think its got a fair shot, but we will see.

GB, just go with your heart. I nominated Foreign Correspondent last time and it tanked, but that's OK.

In fact, my nomination this time may tank too. I think its got a fair shot, but we will see.

I'm definitely going to nominate something. I just have to decide what.

I love Arsenic and Old Lace, but I think it would get very mixed reviews here. But I am considering a different Frank Capra movie.
Why do you think that? It's probably my favorite Capra film.

I love Arsenic and Old Lace, but I think it would get very mixed reviews here. But I am considering a different Frank Capra movie.
Why do you think that? It's probably my favorite Capra film.

It's my favorite Capra movie, but even I can see that Cary Grant's acting was way over the top in it. (But I think it actually works well in that movie.)

He's eccentric in it, I think. That's why I like that performance.

Remember gb, Camo isn't participating in the hall of fame, so his opinion doesn't matter.

Remember Swan, Camo is waiting for an answer from Raul then hell think about joining, followed by group building that the HOF has never seen before

Only joking BTW gbg

Why do you hate Arsenic and Old Lace?
I don't actually hate it. Its just my mum has a movie hit rate with me like noone else, and Old Lace (a big fav of hers) didn't do much for me. I suppose I was also a bit let down by one of my fav actors in Cary Grant, as well as most of the jokes missing the mark.

I don't actually hate it. Its just my mum has a movie hit rate with me like noone else, and Old Lace (a big fav of hers) didn't do much for me. I suppose I was also a bit let down by one of my fav actors in Cary Grant, as well as most of the jokes missing the mark.

I think I read somewhere that Arsenic and Old Lace was Cary Grant's least favorite of his movies.

Even though his performance is so over the top, I think the other actors in the movie more than make up for it, especially Peter Lorre.