Funny Face Movie Index

→ in
Tools    

Sounds interesting, added it to my watch list

Sounds interesting, added it to my watch list
So nice to see you around nebbit! Please post more!

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay- Part 2
(Francis Lawrence, 2015)

As a fan of the books, I was excited to watch all of the movies. Understandably, a fair amount of book details were left out but did not care for the little changes made to the movie plot that skewed the story. Would have preferred to have longer movies for character and story development. Looking at book to film adaptations like Harry Potter, I think Hunger Games could have been better.

6/10

Weren't those films long enough? I don't mean because I didn't like them, I've not seen them, but they're all pretty much standard blockbuster length, aren't they? If you can't make a 4 part movie series from a 3 part book series at less than 2 1/2 each, then maybe everyone should've just gone and watched Battle Royale.

Weren't those films long enough? I don't mean because I didn't like them, I've not seen them, but they're all pretty much standard blockbuster length, aren't they? If you can't make a 4 part movie series from a 3 part book series at less than 2 1/2 each, then maybe everyone should've just gone and watched Battle Royale.
Fair enough. I would have taken another 15-20 minutes of focus on Katniss, Peeta and Coin as well as another character or two, but I'm being picky because I'm fond of the books. There are a fair amount of scenes in this last one that dragged and could have been shorter to accommodate other details.

I haven't seen any of those, would like to at least try the first.
They're okay to watch. I thought Catching Fire and Mockingjay Part 1 were the better films in the series. If the story interests you, the books are very easy and quick to read.

Master of My Domain
Didn't like The Beauty Inside (not my kind of movie), but I'm glad you got a lot out of it.

The Nice Guys
(Shane Black, 2016)

Interesting movie. Not a huge Russell Crowe (or Joaquin Phoenix) fan but Miss Vicky is and usually end up watching their newer movies with her. Had a some slow moments but overall enjoyable. Also reminded me of Inherent Vice.

7/10

The Age of Adaline
(Lee Toland Krieger, 2015)

I'll give any movie with Harrison Ford a watch. Liked The Age of Adaline but mostly because of Harrison and the moments with Adaline and her daughter (Ellen Burstyn). Favorite part was the film score:

+ 6.5/10

So how does Miss Vicky behave at the movies? She tell people off and put them in their place?
You might be disappointed to know that MV is not as bitchy as she thinks she is IRL.

i didnt like the age of adeline at all,thought it was pretty bad. and blake is very pretty,but not much of an actress
The only other Blake Lively movie I can think of is The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. The Age of Adaline was fine as a one time watch for me but mainly to see Harrison Ford.

Princess Mononoke
(Hayao Miyazaki, 1997)

Prince Ashitaka kills a demon to protect his village but is cursed by the demon before it dies. We learn that the demon was once Nago, a giant boar god that had been transformed by pain and hate. The village wise woman tells Ashitaka the curse will eventually kill him and advises him to travel to where Nago came from and see "with eyes unclouded by hate," and possibly find a way to lift the curse.

Ashitaka travels to Irontown and lands in the middle of a war between Lady Ebosihi, who is destroying the forest for natural resources, and the Forest Gods protecting the land.

Absolutely beautiful to watch. Amazing scenes, characters and engaging story. Not sure why it has taken me so long to watch this but glad I finally did.

The Natural
(Barry Levinson, 1984)

Up until now, The Sandlot was one of the few sports-related movies I enjoy. Baseball was never a favorite, mainly because of unpleasant experiences at games but wanted to give The Natural a watch after reading nostro's review. Ended up liking this movie a lot. Roy Hobbs and his love for baseball, his grumpy coach, and his childhood friend, Iris, were my favorite characters. The only piece that didn't completely work for me was Barbara Hershey's character- but liked the overall story so much I'd like to read the book at some point. Also, score is lovely and I've heard the main theme several times but had no idea it was from this film. I see myself giving this a re-watch as some point. Thanks nostro!

8/10

In the Mood for Love
(Kar Wai Wong, 2000)

Been looking at various MoFo's favorites and saw this on christine's top 10. Every detail of this movie is beautiful. The cinematography, and beautiful colors stood out in every shot- from the light green plates and cups to all the beautiful dresses and pink slippers Mrs. Chan wore. Most lovely was the intimate story of Mrs. Chan and Mr. Chow, who realize their spouses are having an affair and watching the intimacy of their own relationship develop.

+ 9.5/10