Funny Face Movie Index

→ in
Tools    

Has Hell frozen over? Did pigs grow wings?

You're actually posting in this thread...
I gave my job notice yesterday and feeling better and better ever since!

Just saw In The Mood For Love a month or so ago. Really amazing film. One of the best scores ever.
Yes! So beautiful and planning to get a copy to listen to in the car.

You should get a job with Miss Vicky expressing dog's anal glands.
That's not in my job description and she already expresses her own dog's glands.
Also we used to work together, that's how we met.

You should get a job with Miss Vicky expressing dog's anal glands.
That's how we met. Used to work with her and yes- I know how to do that.

Demolition
(Jean-Marc Vallée, 2015)

Wanted to see this movie when I saw the trailer. Very disjointed story and characters that felt forced together. Chris Cooper was good but his performance isn't enough to recommend this film. One or two scenes that almost made me tear up but glad I checked it out from the library and didn't spend money on it.

4/10

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Well well well, look who it is. You really think that after disappearing and abandoning us you can just walk back in and we'll accept you back just like that, like nothing's happened?!!!

Oh alright then!!!

In The Mood For Love is one of the most beautiful films i've seen. Think it and Mad Men are the only pieces of media where what the characters are wearing makes a big impact on me haha.

In The Mood For Love is one of the most beautiful films i've seen. Think it and Mad Men are the only pieces of media where what the characters are wearing makes a big impact on me haha.
I thought of Mad Men a bunch while watching. Think I even said something about it. The smoking reminded me of it so much.

Haven't been signing in much this year aside to send a few PMs. Here's a list of everything I've watched. Would add the popcorn ratings if I wasn't so lazy but for now ratings are out of 10. Also included a few TV shows.

Logan (2017, James Mangold) 7.5
April and the Extraordinary World (2015, Christian Desmares, Franck Ekinci) 8
Chungking Express (1994, Kar-Wai Wong) 6.5
Me Before You (2016, Thea Sharrock) 8
A Room With A View (2007, Nicholas Renton) 4
It Follows (2014, David Robert Mitchell) 8
Lilies of the Field (1963, Ralph Nelson) 9.5
Beauty and the Beast (2017, Bill Condon) 7
About Time (2013, Richard Curtis) 8.5
Gifted (2017, Marc Webb) 7
Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016, Taika Waititi) 7.5
Kubo and the Two Strings (2016 Travis Knight) 7
Dan in Real Life (2007, Peter Hedges) 7
Flipped (2010, Rob Reiner) 7
Larry Crowne (2011, Tom Hanks) 6
10 Things I Hate About You (1999, Gil Junger) 8
Beauty and the Beast (2014, Christophe Gans) 7
Swiss Army Man (2016, Dan Kwan, Daniel Scheinert) 8
Love, Rosie (2014, Christian Ditter) 6
One Day (2011, Lone Scherfig) 6.5
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987, Chuck Russell) 7.5
Under the Shadow (2016, Babak Anvari) 7.5
Sweet Bean (2015, Naomi Kawase) 8
Morning Glory (2010, Roger Michell) 6.5
The End of the Tour (2015, James Ponsoldt) 6
Get Out (2017, Jordan Peele) 8
Only Yesterday (1991, Isao Takahata) 7.5
Captain Fantastic (2016, Matt Ross) 8
The Wailing (2016, Hong-jin Na) 8
Dig Two Graves (2014, Hunter Adams) 6
Attack on Titan (Season 1) 9
Doctor Strange (2016, Scott Derrickson) 7
Girls Trip (2017, Malcolm D. Lee) 6.5
Frasier (Season 1-11) 7.5
Samurai Gourmet (Season 1) 7.5
Like Father, Like Son (2013, Hirokazu Koreeda) 8
Let's Eat (Season 1) 8
Attack on Titan (Season 2) 8.5

Your Chungking Express rating saddens me . Tbh i wasn't completely on board with it the first time i saw it either though.
Agreed, I noticed that it has a lot of the same qualities as Happy Together which was filmed 2-3 years later. However, I personally couldn't stop thinking about either movie after the fact.

I feel like Wong has definitely matured over the years (or perhaps transitioned away from certain aesthetics), as I think that The Grandmaster is one of his best.

Your Chungking Express rating saddens me . Tbh i wasn't completely on board with it the first time i saw it either though.
In the Mood for Love was so stunning that watching Chunking Express very shortly after didn't help my viewing. Enjoyed the second segment (I'd rate it a 7.5) substantially more than the pineapple story- which was underwhelming and had a main character that grated on my nerves. The movie also kept reminding me of My Blueberry Nights, which I didn't realize had the same director/writer after looking it up. Overall, Chunking Express reminded me of other movies and characters I like more.