Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Another fantastic film

Wild (Jean-Marc Vallée, 2014)

Fairly enjoyable watch but already beginning to take a hike out of my memory

First let me state right up front that actress Essie Davis is freaking phenomenal in this movie. I've rarely seen such realistic acting from someone who gives it all she's got from start-to-finish. If I'd seen this when it was first released, I'd have assumed she'd at least be nominated for an Oscar. Too bad she wasn't. But she won quite a few awards around the globe for her performance. Bravo.
Yeah, that's my kind of Oscar winner.

WARNING: spoilers below
She scared the hell out of me. There's that one, I think cutaway, shot of her that's so hideous it's like behind-the-sofa time .

Reading your thoughts there reminded me of the Doctor Who episode Fear Her, which isn't very popular but I like it. The slight similarity to The Babadook hadn't occurred to me before, but also if anyone hasn't seen it, think of that moment with the old woman in the painting in Roald Dahl's The Witches and you'll get the general idea.

Yeah, that's my kind of Oscar winner.

She scared the hell out of me. There's that one, I think cutaway, shot of her that's so hideous it's like behind-the-sofa time .

Jog my memory?

I freaked out when

she climbed the door frame

It's fairly late in the film,

where she's behind a window I think, looking out. She has this really menacing kind of grimace. Incredible to be able to project that feeling like she did.

I freaked out when

she climbed the door frame
Yeah, me too –

because it's so primal. As you know I saw Oculus recently and I appreciated the similar things Katee Sackhoff did but was always thinking about Essie Davis, who was so off-the-scale terrifying in this film.

I dont remember that but yes to your next comment - very primal. Another scene that freaked me out and I dont know why was the police station.
something very weird about the cops' movement, plus it looks like a coat and hat are the babadook hanging on a hook

Well done to Jennifer Kent. I;m so happy she tied it up (legally) so it will never become a franchise. She refuses to sell out to hollyweed.

I dont remember that but yes to your next comment - very primal. Another scene that freaked me out and I dont know why was the police station.
something very weird about the cops' movement, plus it looks like a coat and hat are the babadook hanging on a hook
Yeah, all that corner of your eye stuff. Love that. It was a beautiful creation – it gets me thinking about Ivan Bilibin's illustrations of Slavic folklore.

Well done to Jennifer Kent. I;m so happy she tied it up (legally) so it will never become a franchise. She refuses to sell out to hollyweed.
Oh yes, that's good to hear.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 (2010)

Yeah, all that corner of your eye stuff. Love that. It was a beautiful creation – it gets me thinking about Ivan Bilibin's illustrations of Slavic folklore.

Oh yes, that's good to hear.
After my 4th viewing I emailed my bro to say the cinemaotgraphy was superb but he would have been perfect for it. He said Jen offered it to him first but he had scheduling conflicts in US. Dayum! Great job by the DoP. Stunning.

What happened to
the lovely old woman next door? I havent rewatched it since 2015

After my 4th viewing I emailed my bro to say the cinemaotgraphy was superb but he would have been perfect for it. He said Jen offered it to him first but he had scheduling conflicts in US. Dayum! Great job by the DoP. Stunning.
Oh really – so he works in the industry?

What happened to
the lovely old woman next door? I havent rewatched it since 2015
Not a lot I don't think.

I can't remember exactly unless the relationship just carries on as normal.

Oh really – so he works in the industry?

Not a lot I don't think.

I can't remember exactly unless the relationship just carries on as normal.
Yeah he worked on hitman's bodyguard which I keep plugging. Comes out this month. 18th for muricans, end of the month for us. See every chance I get, BUT I'M NOT A SHILL. Tight bastard only gives me a t shirt or poster.

I had a sudden memory flash she died but I might be mixing that up with another movie.

Yeah he worked on hitman's bodyguard which I keep plugging. Comes out this month. 18th for muricans, end of the month for us. See every chance I get, BUT I'M NOT A SHILL. Tight bastard only gives me a t shirt or poster.
That's what I like about you Dani – I'm always catching up on the lingo .

I had a sudden memory flash she died but I might be mixing that up with another movie.
Yeah, I just remember her concern for the family and then it all goes fuzzy .

That's what I like about you Dani – I'm always catching up on the lingo .

Yeah, I just remember her concern for the family and then it all goes fuzzy .
LOL I didnt know what a shill was until it became a dirty word on imdb. Hell, I'd love to get paid for plugging movies.

LOL I didnt know what a shill was until it became a dirty word on imdb. Hell, I'd love to get paid for plugging movies.
Still, you've got your t-shirt and poster .

Still, you've got your t-shirt and poster .
t shirt died but poster is hanging on the wall. I've also got some great photos of actors strangling him lol

Excellent documentary.

Bronson (2008) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

This is one of the most edge of your seat, nail-biting, nerve wracking movies I've ever seen.I was sweating like mad and even jumped a few times.

If you get the chance to see one of the performances of the play, please do, I'll envy you so badly.

Also, watch this movie in total darkness with the only light coming from the TV. Trust me, you'll thank me later.

9/10