Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Split (2016)

-

Despite being a huge horror movie fan and a huge James McAvoy fan, I didn't have high hopes for this movie. I've never been crazy about the multiple personality angle as it can just be a built in excuse for bullsh!t, and I don't care for PG-13 kid friendly horror. I liked how the movie started and it did have random good moments. I even got a kick out of the last minute, even if I didn't totally buy it. According to Wiki, this movie was a sequel to Unbreakable. Really? There is also supposed to be a sequel to this movie called Glass. Really? If it weren't for this forum, I would have shut this thing off after about 25 minutes. McAvoy was good, I guess, but he's way better than the material. I'd rather watch him play one great character than a bunch of nitwits. It seems that when there's a sleeper hit horror the last few years like You're Next, Cabin in the Woods, Green Room, It Follows, etc., I like them less than most people, although I at least liked those movies. I prefer independent horror that doesn't try to appeal to the majority way more. I'll never watch this one again FO SHO! Oh yea, my wife thought it sucked too!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”

Rushmore (1998) -

The Royal Tenenbaums (2001) -

Wes Anderson rules
The Royal Tenenbaums is my favorite Wes Anderson. The best cast of any of his movies.

“I was cured, all right!”
Moonlight

Oscar? Seriously?
Muscular belly makes You a man? I'm not American and maybe that's why I do not undestand what is this about... Sorry...
2/5 for not obvious story.
Same feeling about this film here!

“I was cured, all right!”

Outstanding!
I love both, the Shinoda version and the Scorsese version.
You can see the love for the project in every frame!

Legend in my own mind

Dances with wolves (1990)

I remember as a kid that was a lot of fuss about this film and that it did well.
I also remember that I had watched it because my Dad had it on VHS.
There is a vague memory that I found it boring. I was 11 at the time of it's release and so will have been 12 when I watched it. I was always going to struggle with a 3 hour film at that age and never mind one that is so dialogue heavy.

I loved this film. It really was a joy to watch. 3 hours long and I was disappointed that it ended. It has immediately gone into my top 20 films.
Such a well made film and it is easy to see why it won so many awards.
The characters, cinematography, costumes, directing, acting etc were, as I have already said, of a really high quality and they all combine to tell a wonderful story of hope, integrity, friendship, greed, prejudice and so much more. This is a film that has, action, romance, tension and drama, as well as offering so much more.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

I used to like Nick Cave's music. Now I listen it very rare. This movie remaind me how apt artist Cave is.
I expected some kind of document, but to be honest I don't know what is it's genre. For sure, the world shown in this film is created by Cave.
Well made movie.

I loved that lol
Same hahaha

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I always wondered about that. It was banned here.

Journey Into Fear (1942)

This is an espionage type noir, and although I don't know the whole story, it appears to be another movie that Orson Welles lost final say on. I didn't think it was anything special, but it's an easy sub 70 minute watch. It's always nice to see star Joseph Cotten, and also Welles who has a supporting role. The movie looks great as well.

West Side Story (1961)

The Man Who Wasn't There (2001) -

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Stargate

This is a movie I can always go back to and still feel entertained every time I watch it. I was always fascinated with Egyptology and this I understand was probably not based on fact it just enjoyable to watch. The actors I thought were picked well for the roles and were all believable and did a great job of embracing their characters. One thing I am still confused about is that is the Stargate an alternative universe or is it a time travel device as they seem to be in Egypt or was it a civilization that was introduced by the alien's to Egypt. Anyway always a solid film I can watch and not be disappointed.

4/5 Sars

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Doctor Strange (2016)
-

What the ...??? How the ...??? Who the ...??? I don't really know what happened. What did I just watch? It was strange, I'll give 'em that. Didn't care for Mikkelsen or McAdams in this one. I know nothing about this superhero, but I do know how to make a circle with a sparkler. It was easier for me to grasp the Ant-Man storyline. I don't really know what to think. I'll try not to trash what I really don't get and have no interest in, by giving it a fair 3/5.The talking head in space was weak. Cumberbatch and Swinton were pretty good. Though, I think I'd prefer a standalone film about the Vision.