Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

But I don't have kardashian's ass
That's good - last I heard she still needs it

The most loathsome of all goblins
Watched this gem last night:

I loved it, and I thought it was noticeably better than Cat People. My only issue is the pat ending that feels a bit rushed, but then again this was the 1940's so it's par for the course. I plan to watch more Val Lewton after this.

9/10

Legend in my own mind
Hi there. New to the site.

Watched 'Split' today.

Not a bad watch but could have been so much more.

Man with 23 separate personalities abducts some girls.

The premise is good, as is the case with most of Shyamalan's films but I feel it crosses the line into the ridiculous as is the case with most of Shyamalan's films.

Tense thriller, and if it has remained a bit more believable then it would have been excellent, but as I say it just crossed that line for me.

McAvoy is superb .

Some will love it, some will hate it. I thought it was ok

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Dogville (2003)

I'm still digesting it. I can't honestly give it a rating right now. Maybe I'll do a full review later on it.

But, as with most Lars Von Trier films, I did have a pretty strong reaction towards it. I guess saying I liked it wouldn't be the best thing to say, because it's quite repulsive. But, of course. This is the guy that also did Antichrist.
What's repulsive about it?
(I gave it a 7.5/10)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Trier is quite repulsive in general. He's one of the few instances where the word is both positive and negative.
I was referring to "Dogville"... The other movie of his I saw was "Breaking the Waves" which didn't seem different from many other movies. I don't count the song after each chapter, but I'd love to find that version of "Child in Time".

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Black Rain (1989, multiple rewatch)
+

I've always liked this movie.

I was referring to "Dogville"... The other movie of his I saw was "Breaking the Waves" which didn't seem different from many other movies. I don't count the song after each chapter, but I'd love to find that version of "Child in Time".
'Dogville' could also be described as repulsive though, whether you personally found it to be repulsive or not...

I mean,
WARNING: "Dogville" spoilers below
chained up, slave, multiple rape, baby killing... I mean seriously.

Spooks: The Greater Good. Passable enough movie version of the long-running BBC series. Peter Firth is as good as ever as Harry Pierce, as is Tim McInnerny, also reprising his recurring role from the series in hilariously sleazy fashion (and he has a spectacular scene looking a gun-toting terrorist in the eye and unrepentantly verbally ripping him to shreds). There's no real reason for this to be a film rather than a TV special, though, other than the obvious (money).

Lights Out

I had heard a lot of good things about this movie being a top notch horror. I do think it is solid but I feel it is not on the level as horror movies like the conjuring (in recent times). I must say this is the most intelligent horror created in terms on the characters actually believing straight away in regards to this being haunting them. I was thinking there was going to be good jump scares but they played it a bit too safe on that front. Maria Bello was an odd choice to use because she is hardly in it and has not much impact. They could have cast a no name to do the same job. Overall it was enjoyable enough to watch but I probably wont rewatch for a couple of years.

6/10 Stars