Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Woman in White (1948)
A period piece/mystery that started with serious potential; especially with Sydney Greenstreet (From Maltese Falcon fame) playing a dubious visitor, But, some of the acting of the main characters were a bit hammy and there were a few moments when they had Greenstreet doing Bela Lugosi "intense stares" with heavy shadows. Could NOT take it seriously.
Enjoyed it but it could have been a lot better.

Welcome to the human race...
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 -

I sure hope the third one is better.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Klute (1971)

Paranoia trilogy my butt. Can you really feel paranoid when you're being bored to death. Watch at your own risk.

Too much of a miscast Sutherland, not enough of Scheider and Fonda lacks sex appeal as a prostitute, go figure. Great cast, but in this case, the tape recorder footage was equally entertaining and that's about it. The rest belongs here...

The one I saw last is Lights Out

Not as a good as I remember when I watched it years ago, still enjoyed it though. Interested to see how the new television series that they are making turns out.

Welcome to the human race...
The Arrival -

Not sure what's weirder, the fact that a movie made in 1996 has a plot about

WARNING: "The Arrival" spoilers below
aliens accelerating climate change in order to kill off humans and render Earth habitable for them

or the fact that it has Charlie Sheen doing serious acting.

“I was cured, all right!”
Chan-Wook Park goes to America!

Great!
07/10
Many moments of violence and depravity that could have been much more over the top are toned down.

10/10
Thank you harmonica, for this one!
What a hell of a movie.
That flower scene and the last scene.
Damn, I almost died laughing. Loved the fights and the Ice Cream blood!
Masterpiece!

Shôwa zankyô-den
07/10

Rewatched for the third time!
10/10

6,9/10

Finished here. It's been fun.
Arrival

Immediately, right from the very opening, I was blubbering like a baby. There's something deeply resonant here, but I lack the words to express what I mean. Blade Runner 2049 is going to be incredible.

The Neon Demon

Honestly I dont know how I sat through this tripe and finished it. First of all I like Elle Fanning way more than her sister but her choice to do this movie baffles me. Maybe she is trying to be more edgy or something but honestly it doesn't. I cannot say much more than I really hated this movie and it went nowhere. I actually thought Keanu Reeves was probably the best character in this.

0.5/5 (for Keanu)

Soylent Green

Now if the posters dont give away the twist in this movie I dont know what does. I had never watched this before and due to the famous quote I always wanted to but never got around to it. I lot of this movie had me at the start with food being scarce and they have to eat this Soylent Green protein biscuit thing. Where I was a bit confused was the ease at which the "Police" are able to rich people's houses and no one blinks an eye. Also the investigation itself seemed to go around in circles until near the ending. Also why did Charlton Heston's scribe decide after all this time he wanted to go "home" was if so shocking what he found out that he thought it was time??? Anyway is was good the first half then I slowly lost interest at the end.

2.5/5 Stars

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Love With The Proper Stranger - 5/10

No humor at all - but spent so much time trying to be. The clumsiness was silly. Lots of petty dialogue. I didn't know this was under the comedy genre - they are never funny.