Whats the last great documentary you saw?

Tools    

BBC documentary "The Code" about numbers and patterns in nature.

I've seen two fantastic documentaries this year, Tim's Vermeer and Jodorowsky's Dune.

Birth of the Living Dead. It's about how groundbreaking Night of the Living Dead was and what it took to make it. Really interesting documentary.
Fire walk with me.

Not too long ago I watched In the Name of the People (1985). It's about the civil war in El Salvador in the 80's. The peasants rose up against a tyranical government. It was very touching. It was nominated for an academy award, and it won a Blue Ribbon at the 1985 American Film Festival. Martin Sheen did the narration.

I know I'm way behind on this one, but I watched Room 237 yesterday. Pretty great even if some of the people come off more like internet fan rants than anything else. A fun watch for fans of The Shining or fans of Kubrick.

In the Name of the People (1985).
Thanks for the recommendation.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The last great documentary that I saw was Gates of Heaven and I found the story about Flloyd building an animal cemetery for pets very interesting and I would recommend you to see it if you love animals.

starsuckers, a great depiction of people's addiction with fame and the depths of which it goes.

The last documentary I saw was on Netflix and it was called Never Sleep Again. It's basically the whole idea and creation of the Nightmare on Elm Street movie series. It was actually very interesting especially since I'm a big horror movie buff. There's a bunch of cool facts I learned about the whole series, I really enjoyed it.

I can't believe no one mentioned my favorite documentary.

Plagues and Pleasures on the Salton Sea (2004)

One of the strangest and most entertaining docs I've seen. Anybody?

Kidnapped For Christ, not among the classics of documentaries, but it's refreshingly unbiased and quietly suspenseful at the end. And infuriating.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

Best Documentary/Biography ever.