What is your favourite movie from the 80's?

Tools    

Post your favourite movie from the 80's or if you can't decide which is best, post a few!

Mine is "Back to the Future"!

http://bradmovietalk.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

Fanny and Alexander

followed closely by Blue Velvet

I would rate my 1st 1980's film as: My Neighbor Totoro, by Miyazaki. Second? Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, by Miyazaki. Since 1980, no other director whose films I saw ever approached the greatness of Miyazaki.

My top 10 films from the 1980's would include:

The Empire Strikes Back (Kershner)
Aliens (Cameron)
Fanny and Alexander (Bergman)
Nostalghia (Tarkovsky)
Blade Runner (Scott)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (Miyazaki)
My Neighbor Totoro (Miyazaki)
Kiki's Delivery Service (Miyazaki)
Gauche the Cellist (Isao Takahata)
Grave of the Fireflies (Isao Takahata)

Oh yeah, the anime titles by Takahata & Miyazaki are awesome, I didn't include more so I could select other films as well. Notice that science fiction titles are the most common 4 out of 10, including the best science fiction film ever made, Nausicaa, of course.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A lot of great masterpieces from '80ies, but if I had to choose one, it would be Fanny and Alexander.

Peking Opera Blues.

and...

Casualties of War; Pedicab Driver; Rikyu; Jesus of Montreal; Do the Right Thing; Tetsuo: the Iron Man; Akira; Die Hard; Drowning by Numbers; Time of the Gypsies; Rouge; Dead Ringers; Eight Men Out; Young Guns; A Taxing Woman's Return; My Neighbor Totoro; Tiger On Beat; The Thin Blue Line; Dragons Forever; A Taxing Woman; The Untouchables; Throw Momma From the Train; Full Metal Jacket; Withnail & I; High Tide; The Emperor's Naked Army Marches On; Matewan; A Chinese Ghost Story; Street of Crocodiles; The Fly; The Singing Detective; Max mon amour; Fist of the North Star; The Mosquito Coast; Blue Velvet; The Color of Money; Eastern Condors; Aliens; A Zed & Two Noughts; Tampopo; Runaway Train; Mishima; Ran; Mr. Vampire; Alamo Bay; Himatsuri; Witness; The Return of the Living Dead; Yes, Madam!; After Hours; Repo Man; Stranger Than Paradise; Mrs. Soffel; Shanghai Blues; Gremlins; A Nightmare on Elm Street; The Brother From Another Planet; Ghostbusters; Body Double; Stop Making Sense; Macross: Do You Remember Love?; The Funeral; Terminator; Three Crowns of the Sailor; Zu: Warriors From the Magic Mountain; Reilly: Ace of Spies; Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence; Nostalghia; Winners and Sinners; The Ballad of Narayama; Videodrome; Project A; The Return of the Jedi; Starstruck; The Draughtsman's Contract; The Thing; Blade Runner; Fanny and Alexander; Boat People; The Snowman; Fitzcarraldo; Cat People; Marathon Runners Run Their Final Lap; My Favorite Year; Gorsch the Cellist; My Dinner With Andre; The Prodigal Son; Eijanaika; Blow Out; The Raiders of the Lost Ark; Gundam; Gundam 2; Scanners; The French Lieutenant's Woman; Popeye; The Empire Strikes Back; The Falls; Dangerous Encounters of the First Kind; The Shining; Encounters of the Spooky Kind; Hopscotch; Dressed to Kill; Atlantic City; The Spooky Bunch.

Mississippi Burning
Glory
Child's Play back then, although watching now it's nowhere near the same

Hangar 18
Die Hard
Wolfen
Gremlins
Star Trek The Voyage Home
Altered States

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Just off the top of my head: My Life as a Dog; Tampopo, Brazil, The Little Mermaid, Moonstruck, Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club, Repo Man, Suburbia and about a bazillion others.

Terminator

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I've seen television version, which consists of 5 parts.

+1 Raiders of the Lost Ark

My top 10 1980s taken from my Top 100 list:

10. Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
9. Star Wars Episode V
8. The Terminator
7. Ghostbusters
6. The Lost Boys
5. Aliens
4. The Thing
3. Predator
2. Young Guns
1. RoboCop

You'll probably notice that the top 5 are in my overall Top 10 as well.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Rodent reminded me that I forgot The Thing, The Lost Boys, and Ghostbusters.

I also forgot The Goonies. Mustn't forget The Goonies.

The Shining,Scarface,Raiders Of The Lost Ark and sequels.Overall,80s are quite poor for me,but on the other hand,I haven't seen much of the 80s cinema.