Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Thor
A pretty good superhero movie not the best, not the worst. I'd compare it to the original superman or to spider man 3 in quality

Rock n Rolla
The worst Ritchie I've seen. It's kind of entertaining, but there's not a lot of meat on the bone of rock n rolla

Fun movie, although it ended too abruptly in my opinion. Really an easy watch, and I found the general idea pretty good too.

Finished here. It's been fun.

. I liked this movie, although it is very dated in some areas. I watched the director's cut and the movie was paced well and it was entertaining throughout. It's a classic in the horror genre and i respect it alot. The movie works as a zombie flick, but it also has some clever satire about american society.

Unregistered User

Bonnie and Clyde

Faye Dunaway in that opening scene!!
apart from that its a pretty decent film with excellent little cameo's from Wilder and Hackman which i hadnt expected. Good stuff.

7.5/10

The Life Of Pi

Couple annoyances. I don't like it when movies that take place in countries where they speak a language other than english, and in-universe they're supposedly talking in that language, but they all speak in english in the movie. I know, I know, it's the most common thing ever, but it still bugs me every time I encounter it, even if the movie is awesome overall (The Boy in the Striped Pajamas would be a good example of this). And then there's the CGI. Of course, not doing CGI in a movie like this would've made it very, very hard to film, and the result maybe wouldn't have been quite what they wanted. I undestand that. But still, I know when I'm looking at CGI, and I don't like it. Whatcha gonna do? After a while my eyes got used to it like always, and I went "**** it, this is real".

There's beautifully shot, visually spectacular imagery. Mr. Richard Parker was mostly pretty damn good, but of course, on several instances it was too rubbery, that a-bit-too-elastic and not-heavy-enough thing computer effect guys never get it quite right.

It was an experience. I'm not religious (I won't get into it, but I'll say I have a pretty weird worldview), and there's an obvious spiritual element to the movie, but it did not bother me. Mostly because of its unpretentious, open-minded approach to it. Also, because a lot of the spiritual stuff deals with a subject I'm immensely interested in: the cruelty of nature, and the fact that as much as we want to build a wall between humans and animals, it's a wall that only exists in our minds.

That thing at the end... it works. It makes me think of specific scenes that work great with it. Like when Pi starts training the tiger. Luring him in. There is space in this boat for both of us. The soul in the eyes of the tiger. But I think using the same concept, maybe the presentation should've been a bit different. I'm not sure. Something doesn't quite fit perfectly for me, but in general I did like it. Now I'm kinda wondering what a second watch feels like. I also wonder if that 3D was as amazing as they said.

Flick got me teary-eyed a couple times. That's gotta be a good sign. I did expect my mind to be blown, and it wasn't. But it was damn good.

Life of Pi
I really loved this film I almost gave it 4.5/5, but the reason why is that I'm ambiguous about the ending. I would give it 4.5 if the ending was Pi tells his '' false story '' about religion, tiger, the illusion and than tells the real one like he did without the images, but it should end there. The message would be that religion is living in a certain kind of fiction, but that sometime it's better to live in a fiction than in the truth (taking in consideration how hard it is)
Actually you're right, I saw that, forgot to mention it. I did not like that line. Hmm...

Rock n Rolla
The worst Ritchie I've seen. It's kind of entertaining, but there's not a lot of meat on the bone of rock n rolla
Yeah that was my reaction. Superficial, completely dumb entertainment. But damn, at its best!
Stake Land

Complete cheese and some horrible acting but i guess thats what made it watchable for me.

5/10
Dammit, now I want ma cheese.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!

Lady Vengeance
(Chan-wook Park, 2005)

I liked it a lot. I still think I need to re-watch it as I was pretty tired last night. The rating might go up after a subsequent viewing.

(+)

Watched Good Will Hunting for the second time and wow,I liked it much much more than the first time.I feel like I can relate to it in some way. ))

Rock n Rolla
The worst Ritchie I've seen. It's kind of entertaining, but there's not a lot of meat on the bone of rock n rolla[/quote]

I just thought it was boring.

Did they mop this floor with Dr. Pepper?!
I'd agree with you there, cricket. It was boring and I didn't care about any characters in the film. Nowhere near as entertaining as Snatch or Lock, Stock.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future

Bonnie and Clyde

Faye Dunaway in that opening scene!!
apart from that its a pretty decent film with excellent little cameo's from Wilder and Hackman which i hadnt expected. Good stuff.

7.5/10
Not sure how you didn't know about the Gene Hackman "cameo" considering he's one of the top billed actors, and has a pretty significant amount of screen time to be considered a cameo. I'd consider it more like, the main supporting role.

Catching Fire: It's been awhile since the last time I've rooted for the protagonist of a movie the way the director would want me too. This movie was expertly executed to the point that eventhough character motivations were straightforward, they were given the appropriate room to breathe for me to organically get behind them. 8/10

Finished here. It's been fun.

Woah.Right off the bat i'm going to say that I really liked the film. It was dark,surreal,unnerving and thought-provoking as well. This is not a comfortable film if that makes sense. It's extremely nihilistic and everything feels like a living nightmare. It reminds me a bit of the films of David Lynch. There's something so odd about everything, it really is a very creepy film.

The story i thought was pretty damn interesting as it revolves around a character who is having the worst kind of "writers block". The film is in a way a satire and an allegory(in my eyes at least) about the nature of Hollywood,and the hell writers have to go through when writing for films.The acting is really good as well. It's a top notch film all around. I give it a rating of
. I don't really see myself checking it out a second time though. Oh and this is without a doubt one of the Coen brothers's best films.

Lord High Filmquisitor
I will fully admit that the only reason why I watched The Last Exorcism was because of how wonderfully disturbing its sequel's cover is (with the possessed girl's body painfully contorted into the shape of a "2"). I was actually really surprised that it was a legitimately good movie. It's one of the most organic-feeling found-footage films that I've ever seen (as opposed to the frequently forced-feeling Cloverfield) and had a satisfying twist at the end. 7.5/10

I rewatched Star Trek: Into Darkness the other day. While I am not a fan of the multiple series and movies that preceded the first Abrams movie (In fact, I specifically hate Wrath of Kahn and find The Voyage Home absolutely HILARIOUS), these most recent two are exceptionally entertaining. Simon Pegg's extended role in the sequel was well deserved and the film as a whole only got more entertaining on the rematch. 7.5/10

This year's adaptation of The Great Gatsby was about as good as I suspected. DiCaprio was his usual incredible self as the title character and Maguire was solidly cast (though evidently a lot of people disagree on this point). It was an incredibly loyal adaptation of the novel and perfectly captured the spirit of the Roaring 20s. 7.5/10

Not sure how you didn't know about the Gene Hackman "cameo" considering he's one of the top billed actors, and has a pretty significant amount of screen time to be considered a cameo. I'd consider it more like, the main supporting role.
I agree that it's not a cameo appearance, but it's easy for someone to not know who's in the film. Especially outside of the main two protagonists. I saw Sweeny Todd with someone who didn't know it was a musical. To say she was surprised would be an understatement. I also saw From Dusk Till Dawn with a friend who had no idea about the change of pace halfway through.

Mr Deeds Goes to Town 1936 I loved the honesty and simplicity of the main character. People like that are misunderstood. I give it a 10/10.

This movie is truely amazing : great actors, interesting plot, and I especially loved the ending.