Tis the season to be jolly! Whats your fav Xmas movie?

Tools    

A Christmas Story, obviously. Actually, in my country, Finland, nobody knows that movie! It's completely unknown here! It's a shame that classics like these are ignored, and yet mediocre stuff like Jim Carrey's Grinch is shown here annually.

Hands down, A Christmas Story.
An extremely close second would be Christmas Vacation.

My favorite Xmas movie is A Christmas story

We've gone on holiday by mistake
^^Is that because you watched it today?^^
No it is just the one that springs to mind.

I've posted my faves on a previous lists, but since I've revised it since then,
here's what it looks like now:

10. Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale
What most people don't know about Santa is that back when he 1st started out, it was as a punishing vigilante against those children who ended up on the naughty list.
Back then, it was the bad kids who had to "put one foot in front of the other" as they ran like hell if they wanted even the slimmest chance of living long enough to see the New Year.

9.White Christmas
While I know everyone else likes to compare this film to Holiday Inn & proclaim it as it's superior, for me, I like this one better. Not only b'cuz this one focuses more on Christmas than HI, but also, I always had a soft spot for Rosemary Clooney, particularly back when she was at the height of her stardom.

8. Die Hard 2: Die Harder
TBH, the main reason I always include this flick &/or it's predecessor on any lists of holiday favorites is b'cuz it always gives me the chance to repeatedly use the phrase "Yippy-kay-yay, mother-f#cker".
And let's face it, that's always alot of holiday fun to say.

7. Die Hard
"Yippy-kay-yay, mother-f#cker!"
value

6. A Christmas Carol (1938)
Of all the various adaptations of this Dickens classic, this one has always been my fave. Guess it's b'cuz I used to watch this every year on the TV show, Family Classics, back when I was kid.

5. The House Without a Christmas Tree
And speaking of watching holiday TV favorites as a kid, here's a 1972 made-for-television flick that pretty much has disappeared from public awareness. But never from my happy childhood memories.
Featuring Jason Robards in one of his best roles (IMO) & a nice little acting performance from child actor Lisa Lucas.

4. Nobody's Fool
Paul Newman leads a great ensemble of actors portraying a great cast of characters. Each one playing a role that is a piece of a plot-puzzle that, despite their sharp edges, all still fit in perfectly.

3.The Nightmare Before Christmas
Is this a Halloween movie with a Christmas twist, or a Christmas movie with a Halloweenic slant? Or is it both?
The way I look at it, TNBC is like looking into your trick-or-treat bag on Halloween & discovering not only that it's been filled with presents instead of candy, but also that, in actuality, it's Christmas.

2. A Christmas Story
On previous holiday movies lists, I've been asked why Frank Capra's seasonal classic isn't on mine. And all I can say is that when there is a film that includes an official Red Ryder carbine-action 200-shot range model air rifle/BB gun,
well then,
that's all I need be able to say that's it's a wonderful life.

1. Bad Santa
Best.
Santa.
Movie.
Ever.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
No particular order...

A Christmas Story, Home Alone, Love Actually, The Nightmare Before Christmas, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, The Muppet Christmas Carol, How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), The Santa Clause, Ernest Saves Christmas, Elf, and Scrooged.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Mine has to be Home alone I mean come on. Who doesn't love a kid beating the crap out of two burglars?

Ems
There are too many Xmas films that I love but....I have to say that a film that I have loved since I was a little girl is 'Santa Clause: The Movie'! I can't believe that it was panned so much in the '80s! Totally underrated movie!!

life is beautiful

I'm late to the party on this one. If you count It's a Wonderful Life as a Christmas film (which I personally don't), then that's it. Other than that, our annual holiday viwing consists primarily of:

A Christmas Story
Elf
Miracle on 34th Street (the original)
The Polar Express
Christmas Vacation

Santa the killer 2