Better Call Saul...whatcha think?

Tools    

You've given me an idea--maybe we should all write our own epitaphs for Chuck's tombstone. Could be fun!
I was just taken aback by it. At first I thought it was because I recognised the name from a close friend. Then I was like "Hey that just happened in BCS".

Weird.

You can't win an argument just by being right!

Having a rewatch of season 3. Yes, the dog is still alive. I was musing a while back that parasitic Dil dumped it but he was happily sleeping in his bed in the loungeroom when Mike went over for dinner with Haley. That's my incredibly important announcement of the day.

Looks like we may be seeing "Lalo" this upcoming season:

http://www.deadline.com/2017/08/bett...rk-1202144420/

While Season 4 is still a (painful) eight months away (Must be due to Esposito's scheduling like the delay for Season 3 was due to) I figured I'd throw in my own predictions.

First off, Odenkirk stated more than once in an interview that he wants Lalo (mentioned in Breaking Bad Season 2 episode: "Better Call Saul") to appear. Also, he wants Gene's story and ultimate fate to be realized. He even stated: "'Gene' can't go on the way he is" which, to me, hints that Gene won't be long for Cinnabon. This isn't exactly surprising since even Gilligan and Gould mentioned that "Gene" needs to make a change and find something that allows him to be "something closer" to what he used to be. My prediction is that Jimmy will probably seek out Kim in her home town a few hours from Omaha to make amends. He'll then either get his crap together become a lawyer again (somehow--I don't know how) or find a line of work as "Gene" that would better put his people skills/abilities to the test.

I don't at all believe that Jimmy necessarily wants to be a lawyer again--he just wants to be "something" again. He wants to feel alive and on top again. He wants to express his massive and colorful personality again. He wants to be some variation of "Slippin' Jimmy" again. Look at how happy he was with Marco in Season 1--he didn't need to be a lawyer to feel validated. Hell--he doesn't even need to con people to feel validated: look at how happy he was helping the senior citizens out and doing those adverts. Jimmy loves attention not because of ego (Like Walter White) but out of sense of feeling wanted, needed and adored. Jimmy secretly envied Chuck his entire life and, while Chuck envied him, Jimmy actually envied Chuck just as much. Jimmy is a real people person and actually does care about people. Anything that allows him to exude his colorful personality makes him feel alive. Look at the passion he had doing those commercials and even just the bingo like a game show host--it's who he is.

What I love most about what Gould and Gilligan have done is that they have shown that Jimmy can be perfectly happy without conning people--just as long as his personality is allowed to burst in all directions. Just as long as he's able to be creative. I think that's what his cons were ultimately about more than anything else: a chance to be his creative and colorful self. He did it for self-preservation at one point but he also did it for fun. It wasn't about screwing people for him--it was about the RUSH of being himself.

As "Gene" Jimmy is 100% suppressed. 100% muted. 100% the opposite of his true self.

So here is the $64,000 question: Just HOW can Jimmy remain on the lam AND draw that much-needed attention to his colorful personality at the same time? That's what Jimmy needs and that's almost impossible to do while being a fugitive.

One thing is clear though: Gould, Gilligan and Odenkirk are all in agreement that "something's gotta change" for "Gene" and this fainting spell was proof of it.

Any ideas? How can Jimmy being his lively self WITHOUT drawing attention to the fact that he's fugitive Saul Goodman?

I believe that Season 4 will show us "Gene" taking those first steps toward bettering his life in some capacity.

I believe that Season 4 will finally deliver Saul Goodman as we know him from Breaking Bad and will end the season with the strip mall office being set up.

Here is a quick summation of what Season 4 will be about in my view:

-Jimmy will be reeling over Chuck's death.

-Jimmy will discover that some form of electronic device he'd left there or perhaps Mike accidentally left there (from the job Jimmy sent him to do with the door) and ultimately reveal that Jimmy was in some indirect way responsible for his brother's breakdown and death.

-Jimmy will be crushed by Chuck's death and will turn all the blame toward Hamlin.

-While Season 3 was all about Jimmy and Chuck going to war, Season 4 will be about Jimmy and Hamlin going to war.

-Jimmy will somehow ruin Hamlin/cause his firm to be shut down.

-Jimmy's "victory" over crushing Hamlin will cause Kim to ultimately leave him because of the fact that this show has shown us more than once that Kim respect Hamlin and never seemed to lose that respect even after leaving his firm. She will despise Jimmy for what he's done and leave him.

-Jimmy, raw, angry and guilt-ridden over Chuck's death, will be vicious this season, crushing Hamlin, mistreating Kim and being the darkest we've ever seen him.

-With Hamlin crushed, Kim gone and left with nothing, Jimmy will decide to open a new firm under his "Saul Goodman" name and fall into his "Slippin' Jimmy" habits both as a way of cocooning himself from the pain of his situation as well as finally giving Chuck his dying "wish" to be what he "truly is".

Every season has Breaking Bad characters return. Here are the ones I think will return:

-Jack Welker and his neo nazi crew. In Breaking Bad, Saul mentioned getting them off more than once and mentioned "five years ago" which indicates it happened sometime during his first year as "Saul Goodman" in the strip mall.

-Hank: Hank and Saul seemed to have met each other more than once judging by their meeting in Saul's debut episode on Breaking Bad.

-Kuby. We've already seen Huell so it stands to reason we may see his buddy, Kuby, as well.

-Lalo. He didn't appear but was mentioned in Breaking Bad.

-"Jimmy In and Out". I think we'll see this guy again in his season or next. He looks like someone Jimmy may have used before.

-Skinny Pete. We know that he shared a cell with Tuco at one point and I could see a Tuco cameo with Skinny Pete in the cell.

I know everyone thinks that Walt and Jesse will eventually show up on this show but I seriously have my doubts on that. If they do, it probably wouldn't happen until the last season and would be used mostly as some sort of montage/time jump sequence showing us a condensed version of how Jimmy wound up as "Gene of Cinnabon". Plus, that's the best way to get around Aaron Paul's noticeable aging.

Whew! That was longer than I'd intended. What are your thoughts/predictions?

hey how was your xms and New year? How's Mrs dt, dt?

I love the idea of Jimmy and Hamlin going at it.

hey how was your xms and New year? How's Mrs dt, dt?

I love the idea of Jimmy and Hamlin going at it.
Hey there! They were OK. I have a feeling this year may be better for me and a lucrative job prospect came up for me. I hope I get it--we've had a rough six months and need it.

My wife passed her citizenship test and is pending her oath ceremony within the next month or so. This will be the culmination of twelve years of immigration procedures, miles of red tape and thousands of dollars. We're ready for the end. LOL!

This month is also our ten-year wedding anniversary so we have a lot on the horizon.

How are you doing, my friend? I'm hoping better.

Hey there! They were OK. I have a feeling this year may be better for me and a lucrative job prospect came up for me. I hope I get it--we've had a rough six months and need it.

My wife passed her citizenship test and is pending her oath ceremony within the next month or so. This will be the culmination of twelve years of immigration procedures, miles of red tape and thousands of dollars. We're ready for the end. LOL!

This month is also our ten-year wedding anniversary so we have a lot on the horizon.

How are you doing, my friend? I'm hoping better.
Hey all the best for the new job, and fingers crossed it's a better year. I'm really sorry to read you've had a rough 6 months. Someyimes we just get one or more of those curve balls and things go to caca until we get through it, but all sounds promising for you two now. You've been through hell with Mrs d's citizenship. I cant believe how difficult and lengthy it's been for that to come through. Full steam head now - have you planned a celebration?

For me, let's just say I got one of those pesky curve balls as well but taking on the bastard's challenge and not looking back.

Just looking forward to BCS season 4. 8 months away - where did you hear that, buddy?

(Must be due to Esposito's scheduling like the delay for Season 3 was due to)
What was that about? I dont recall.

And

Double celebration, my friend! Bonus.

Hey all the best for the new job, and fingers crossed it's a better year. I'm really sorry to read you've had a rough 6 months. Someyimes we just get one or more of those curve balls and things go to caca until we get through it, but all sounds promising for you two now. You've been through hell with Mrs d's citizenship. I cant believe how difficult and lengthy it's been for that to come through. Full steam head now - have you planned a celebration?

For me, let's just say I got one of those pesky curve balls as well but taking on the bastard's challenge and not looking back.

Just looking forward to BCS season 4. 8 months away - where did you hear that, buddy?

What was that about? I dont recall.

And

Double celebration, my friend! Bonus.
Thank you very much! Means a lot!

Really not sure what we will do for anniversary or citizenship celebration. If I get the job? A lot. If I don't? Not much of anything. Makes me very sad to think we might not be able to do anything. I guess it all depends on that job. I will let you know how it goes.

As for YOU...best of luck with your curve ball. One thing I learned from my wife going through it is that fighting through is the best step forward and never giving up. I wish you all the best no matter what. All we can ever do is try. That's what we do. I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know that doesn't help but I do know what it is to bear witness to it and fight through it. I have faith in you. Here's to a better 2018 for both of us!

It was announced a few months ago: September 2018. No day mentioned, however.

Stay positive. matey. 11th hour and all that. I know this has all been a huge drain for you both but almost there. I'm sure Mrsd would appreciate just a big cuddle, candlelight picnic on the floor and having it all over if you cant do something special now, then do something big later.

Thanks for your thoughts - means a lot and yes, ofcourse it helps. I really appreciate it and we can both be our own mutual positivity mechanism.

Yeah just saw production has just started. You're no doubt correct about being a holdup. I dont recall them startng over/after xmas before. Article doesnt say much but it's all I've got right now to share with y'all

https://screenrant.com/better-call-s...-4-production/

Having yet another rewatch of this while I doze. I dont know how I missed this before but in season 2 there's a flashback of the Chicago Sunroof history. There is a camera PoV of Charles putting his keys, phone etc in a lock up bin before consulting with Jimmy. Looks exactly like the inside of his mail box.

OK not much but that brings me to this - Peter Gould discussing how the term came up. Just a bit of random nonsense for the day.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment...icago-sunroof/

I thought the meaning was pretty obvious but fans of BB and BCS cant help themselves with speculating.

gratuitous bump even if aaron isnt in this show. His face! lol

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=a...qR4V4dsYMJ0XM:

oh sorry about that. not sure why all the photos came up.

So I came across this article and it sounds like Better Call Saul could end around SIX seasons!

Link here: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8269531.html

I'm very excited about this. Sounds like the show will resemble Breaking Bad more than ever now. So, if it ends around Season six it will give them almost the same number of episodes as Breaking Bad as Vince Gilligan is hoping to see.

I hope the final season is handled better than Breaking Bad's final season. In other words, I hope the ENTIRE final season takes place in the "Gene" timeline rather than them just trying to hastily wrap it all up in two episodes like Breaking Bad did.

So I came across this article and it sounds like Better Call Saul could end around SIX seasons!

Link here: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a8269531.html

I'm very excited about this. Sounds like the show will resemble Breaking Bad more than ever now. So, if it ends around Season six it will give them almost the same number of episodes as Breaking Bad as Vince Gilligan is hoping to see.

I hope the final season is handled better than Breaking Bad's final season. In other words, I hope the ENTIRE final season takes place in the "Gene" timeline rather than them just trying to hastily wrap it all up in two episodes like Breaking Bad did.
Hello stranger! How is Mrs dT? How R yoyu? What's happening in the dT world?

Stefan Kapcic of Deadpool has been cast for Season 4 of Better Call Saul.

Could this big guy be Lalo? I'm thinking so.

All we know is that Nacho and Lalo have some sort of connection that scares Saul to death per that scene in Breaking Bad Season 2. We know that Saul was worried about Lalo sending people to kill him and we know that Nacho may have done something to anger Lalo as Saul says: "It wasn't me--it was Ignacio! He's the one you want!"

Gould and Gilligan confirmed years ago that Nacho IS the "Ignacio" Saul was referring to so it makes sense that they would want to push Lalo as a scary individual. This guy is HUGE and would make for a great villain in this show.

The question is--what do Nacho and Jimmy do that angers Lalo?

https://screenrant.com/better-call-s...tefan-kapicic/

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I loved the first two seasons, but I must say having recently finished 3 on Netflix, that the series is becoming too stressful to watch for me. With Breaking Bad, Mr. White was in a self-destructive spiral too, but he seemed to be addicted to that chaos and the feeling of power he experienced by working his way through whatever mess he created. It empowered him and he became stronger for it (not speaking to the price that power cost). I saw him as a caricature, somewhat, and was able to detach a bit from his journey. That allowed me to spectate his misadventures like watching a train wreck in action. With Jimmy, on the other hand, he means well and has a good heart but damn if he's just not the unluckiest, short-cut taking SoB ever. I literally felt depressed at the end of later episodes watching his world and those around him crumble, dramatically. The recording; The car accident; it just feels like he can never get an honest break. I feel such pity for him! Each step has been a punch to my own gut as if I'm there with him! Gosh, I feel nauseous just typing this remembering those last few episodes! Once S3EP9 ended, I avoided the next episode for a good week or two just from feeling sick at how his luck and personality affected others, and his obliviousness to it.

I could remove myself from Mr. White. Jimmy, though, is like an addict ape straddling the back of my shoulders, perpetually slapping me in my face screaming at me to move forward if only I could. Because of the added burden he's created by latching himself onto me. I do not know if I can avoid further seasons because they are so good. I do know, however, that I want to avoid them if at all possible because of how they will make me feel, after. It's great writing to stir something so deep, but it's becoming too unbearable for me.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Hey, everyone! I'm back for Saul season again!

And what a piece of news I have!

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/better-c..._medium=social

To summarize, the inevitable may be happening sooner than we thought: Season 4 of Saul will cross over into the Breaking Bad timeline according to Gilligan! What's more? We might be seeing Walt and Jesse soon! Wow! Are they getting close to wrapping this up? I'm thinking Season 5 will finish the "Bad" timeline and then close out the series with half a season of "Gene" episodes.

I'm happy with this, to be honest. 5 seasons of "Bad" and 5 Seasons of "Saul" would even things out nicely. Though, I hope we get an entire season devoted to Gene. Sounds like this could be the best season of Saul thus far!

This is sort of off topic but, considering this is a Breaking Bad spin-off, I figured it's on topic enough:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/17/bryan-cr...eaking-bad-rv/

LOL! Bryan Cranston used the "Yeah, science!" line! That killed me.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this yet:

https://www.amc.com/shows/better-cal...ok-at-season-4

I'm still trying to figure out--is that Chuck's house Jimmy is walking into? The door looks familiar but I'd assumed that most of the house would have burned down. The shocked look on Jimmy's face really makes me wonder. Does Jimmy find Chuck's body? There was another scene in those clips that shows Jimmy and what looks to be Kim pulling up to Chuck's street.

This is confusing. It sure looks like they're finding Chuck...unless this was after the incident and Jimmy is reacting to the state of the house with the holes in the walls.

Also, I found the scene of Gene exiting what looks to be a cab quite interesting. I wonder where he was going?

Is it just me or does it seem strange to see all those bullets flying and dead bodies in Better Call Saul? I mean--people have been killed/shot on this show before but it seldom occurs since Better Call Saul is a rather..."quiet" show in comparison to Breaking Bad. It fits, though. The entire season looks as raw and violent as Jimmy's inner turmoil at this point in the story. I'm loving it. Still, it's a bit of a shock seeing violence and darkness of this magnitude being introduced into the rather innocent world of Better Call Saul. Still, it had to happen. The Breaking Bad overlap is growing and it only makes sense.

I think this is a true testament to Gilligan and Gould and how well they crafted this series. They asked fans to be patient and here we are, halfway toward Breaking Bad now and the show is beginning to make that shift. So many people complained about the "slowness" on other websites but here we are--practically in Breaking Bad territory. Patience pays off. Maybe I'm in the minority but I've been enjoying the "slowness".

This show never ceases to amaze me--you can see the clear hurt in Jimmy in those previews and one of those scenes shows the subtle tears welling up in his eyes as he stares at the water going down the drain.

It's gut-wrenching, really. They're taking Jimmy down a road that is, in some ways, similar to Walter White's, and in other ways massively different. Walt's fall wasn't even remotely as tragic as Jimmy. Walt was more becoming his "true" self with his transformation. With Jimmy? He's becoming...something else. He's becoming some sort of an amalgamation of his true "Slippin'" self as well as a damaged and broken man. Slippin' Jimmy at his worst was a far better person than Saul Goodman. Saul Goodman, as I've always felt and said, is something of a retreat for Jimmy. A cocoon of misery, self-loathing and self-serving mannerisms. It almost seems as if Jimmy will become Saul as some sort of a posthumous appeasement of Chuck's wishes for Jimmy to "accept who you area. Embrace it." as well as a way of self-punishment and, as stated, a psychological retreat from his problems and probably the loss of Kim who will inevitably leave him.

My thoughts on Kim? I think she is going to sacrifice her career for Jimmy. I think she will do or say something that will help him but cause her reputation to be ruined in the process. She will do it as one last gesture of love for him and then will leave.

I think Kim will return to her old town that is *hint-hint* a few hours from Omaha and I envision her working as some sort of a manager at the "Hinky-Dinky". I believe that "Gene" will reunite with her at the end of the series. I envision their final scene in the series being one not of hokey "I'm sorry" or anything of that sort but I view it as Jimmy and Kim in present day pulling a Vicktor and Giselle act like old times. They introduce themselves to some a-hole in a bar as "Vicktor and Giselle and the series ends there. It allows for an implication that they will patch things up without actually showing it. Ever since Season 2 I've been envisioning this as the series ending. We'll see though.

So, I've been doing a marathon of Better Call Saul in preparation for Season 4 and I must say...while Season 2 is my least favorite of the three seasons, it still has several gems. I just finished "Inflatable" and laughed again at Jimmy's antics to push Clifford Main into firing him.

A couple highlights that I really love:

-He's trying to "teach" the Hispanic janitor on how to vacuum the floors properly. He's speaking to the man in an overly-simplified and insulting way as if the man doesn't understand English. "See? Like this! Don Clifford likes his floors clean!" to which the janitor replies with: "Dude...I'm from Michigan." LOL!

-Clifford: "I never thought this would be a conversation that I'd be having in my entire career but we've been having an ongoing situation in the washroom. Someone isn't flushing."

Erin: "And we're not talking about a Number 1 either."

Clifford: "Yes, thank you, Erin! I don't even want to know who it is--I just--"

Jimmy: "It was me!"

Clifford: "I just said I didn't want to know!"

Jimmy: "We're having a water shortage this year!"

Clifford: "They're low-flow toilets!"