Overrated Actors

Tools    

Angelina Jolie
Jason Statham (any praise is too much praise)
Halle Berry
Robert Pattinson
Kristen Stewart
Matthew McConaughey
Keanu Reeves
Will Smith

=o Harrison Ford? Nothing spectacular?! I knew i shouldn't have come into this thread...

Go away please.
LOL @ you not being able to handle a difference in opinions.

fool

Hard to say whether a particular actor is rated properly. Only the huge stars have any consensus as to their talent, really.

So, that said, whether or not she's rated properly, I think Scarlett Johansson is pretty flippin' mediocroe in the majority of her roles. She is, of course, stunningly purdy, but to quote Paula Poundstone -- "couldn't we just have a picture of her in the corner of the screen?"
Well, of course, I don't walk around literally rating actors. I'm speaking of overrated as in, the talent doesn't match the praise.

And I agree, Scarlett...not good.

George Clooney. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but he looks the same in every damn movie.
So you're calling him overrated just because he looks the same in every movie? That's just sorta stupid. I guess you think Morgan Freeman is pretty overrated then too.

You want to post like me?
I usually cut Sandler some slack. His performance in Reign Over Me always cause me to give him the bennefit of a doubt and I don't think anybody could dismiss the breakdown scene as true talent...

I need to re-watch Punch Drunk Love with a more open mind. I've seen quite a few critics say it's his best film and I can't really see that, at the time being.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I'd agree with the vast majority of the actors whose names I've seen in this thread but some of them I just can't agree with.

Brad Pitt is one of the most versatile actors I've seen doing roles ranging froma pikey boxer to an over-energetic personal trainer. He pretty much always delivers and has beeen part of some of my favourite movies ever like Snatch, Se7en, Fight Club, Burn After Reading.

Edward Norton I also believe is a great actor and his performances in films like Fight Club, Primal Fear and American History X as far as I'm concerned show this.

Finally, Harrison Ford overrated? Couldn't agree less.

I'd agree with the vast majority of the actors whose names I've seen in this thread but some of them I just can't agree with.

Brad Pitt is one of the most versatile actors I've seen doing roles ranging froma pikey boxer to an over-energetic personal trainer. He pretty much always delivers and has beeen part of some of my favourite movies ever like Snatch, Se7en, Fight Club, Burn After Reading.

Edward Norton I also believe is a great actor and his performances in films like Fight Club, Primal Fear and American History X as far as I'm concerned show this.

Finally, Harrison Ford overrated? Couldn't agree less.
Okay so, here's the thing...I came into this thread to tell the world that I have changed my Harrison Ford opinion. I JUST saw him in The Fugitive. Freaking great actor in that. And besides that...his cave-man beard...mmph.

He is overrated, you're right. But he CAN act. Brilliantly in some instances. But he's not the be all end all, as many people would have you believe.

Totally agree, Sean Penn is overrated, everyone seems to like him, why IDK.

Michael Cera
Nicholas Cage
Angelina Jolie
Jason statham
Matthew mcconaughey

i wanna say Tom cruise but i think since his whole jumping on couches thing everyone doesnt like him anymore so hes not overrated.

Making a difference
Will Smith
Will Smith
Will Smith
Cameron Diaz

Totally agree, Sean Penn is overrated, everyone seems to like him, why IDK.

Michael Cera
Nicholas Cage
Angelina Jolie
Jason statham
Matthew mcconaughey

i wanna say Tom cruise but i think since his whole jumping on couches thing everyone doesnt like him anymore so hes not overrated.
He rescued his public image with Tropic Thunder as far as I'm concerned. I thought he was hilarious in it and it was a side of him I really didn't think he had/ we'd ever see even if he did.

He went from this serious guy telling people off for squirting him with water from a microphone to this joker dancing to Get Low and Roll Out.

He went from this serious guy telling people off for squirting him with water from a microphone to this joker dancing to Get Low and Roll Out.
If someone had squirted water at me like they did, I'd have done more than question them. You notice that they did it to Tom Cruise and not someone like Russell Crowe or Sean Penn, who'd have probably just grabbed them and beat the crap out of them.

If someone had squirted water at me like they did, I'd have done more than question them. You notice that they did it to Tom Cruise and not someone like Russell Crowe or Sean Penn, who'd have probably just grabbed them and beat the crap out of them.
It wasn't so much the fact that he was annoyed as the way he acted, he was talking to the reporter like he was a child, like a school teacher dressing down a student for being rude.

Yeah, because he was a cnut.

Wasn't a reporter either, it was a practical joke for a tv programme over here called Balls Of Steel.
I knew it was a pratical joke, didn't know it was for Balls of Steel though. Haha, that show is hilarious, some of the stunts they pull are so funny. The annoying devil and Neg's urban sports especially. Those guys have definatly pissed a lot of people off.