what are these 2 movies??? Help!!!!

Tools    

There are two movies that I have been trying to remember the names of for years.
The first one is about a cop, I believe he's retiring soon and he has a rookie cop working with him. They're trying to find a killer, possibly a serial killer. I remember the killer taking a woman into the woods. The retiring cop has a sick wife at home and I think he's a bit older than she is. This would have been out in the 2000's.

The second movie is about a family...mom, dad, teenage son, teenage daughter and a young daughter. These guys break in (I think there are 3 of them). They don't know the teenage daughter is there. She's hiding...something about the house being remodeled maybe. They kill the father and the son. One of the guys actually rapes the son after he's dead. At one point the teenage girl is hiding in a closet in the bathroom...one of the guys takes the mom in there and rapes her in the bathtub. Towards the end I think they're going to burn the house down or something because one of the guys takes the little girl and puts her in the fridge so she will be safe. And I remember one of the bad guys falls off the roof and lands on the iron fence post below. This movie would have been late 90's maybe even 2000-2001.

These movies have driven me crazy for ever. I just want to know the names of them. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it!! Thanks

Most interesting man in the world
1.the bone collector ?
2. sounds VERY familiar,I didn't see it completely
but once I think one of my sisters was watching it..
do u have more info on this?
*Did the guys break in through the front door really mad,fast
& tie/gag the family...?

1. Nope, not bone collector.
2. I don't remember how they broke in but it seems like either the teenage boy had a computer in his room and the teenage girl tried to connect to the internet to try to get help. That's about all I remember.

Nope, not se7en.

I'm pretty sure the second one is 'If I Die Before I Wake'

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Any chance the first one could be The Crimson Rivers (2000) , it has been a while since I've seen it but I think it fits, there is also a sequel that was made and released in 2004 (gotta love Jean Reno).....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0228786/?ref_=nv_sr_1

I'm pretty sure the second one is 'If I Die Before I Wake'
Holy crap...that's it!!! Thank you!!!!

nope, Crimson Rivers isn't it.
For a long time I thought that the young cop was ryan gosling...but I looked at his movies and nothing. And I thought maybe the bad guy was Tom Arnold...but I looked at his too and nothing. I just cannot figure out any of the actors. I've searched so many actors trying to figure this out.
Sometimes I think I just made it up.

I found it!!! I was right before, it was Tom Arnold...I must have missed the movie when I was going through them. It's called Endure. The younger cop was Devon Sawa...no wonder I couldn't remember...he hasn't been in anything in years!! lol!!! Thanks everybody!!