2nd Animation Hall of Fame

Tools    

I have a strong suspicion of what ahwell's second nomination will be and I'm not looking forward to watching it again.
Sorry, I don’t think you’ll like either of my noms unfortunately.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Here are the nominations for the Second Animation Hall of Fame:

The Adventures of Prince Achmed
Nominated by Ahwell-

Sword in the Stone
Nominated by Rauldc14

Wizards
Nominated by Siddon

The Wind in the Willows
Nominated by Hashtagbrownies

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie
Nominated by Edarsenal

Spirited Away
Nominated by Ahwell-

Meet the Robinsons
Nominated by Funny Face

Ernest and Celestine
Nominated by Miss Vicky-

Your Name
Nominated by CosmicRunaway

Tower
Nominated by Siddon

Wow, have not seen any of these except for Spirited Away, my own nomination. Looking forward to watching them.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I've only seen 4 of the 10 including my nomination obviously.

Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I didn't have to nominate it so I'm happy with that.

Meet the Robinsons I didn't care for.

Your Name was fair for me, hope I like it more the second go.

Sword in the Stone is up there in my Disney animated classics favorites.

Of those I haven't seen, look forward to Ernest and Celestine and Tower most.

Wow, most of those noms look pretty darn interesting to me. The only one I've seen is Spirited Away which I thought was amazing. I just read about Tower and that looks very intriguing. The Wind in the Willows looks very charming and like something I'd really like.
Good choices everyone!

Yep, knew that was coming. It's a visually beautiful film and I have nothing but respect for it. The trouble is that it's really boring.

Sword in the Stone
I don't think I've seen this one.

Wizards
Haven't seen this one and judging by that image, I don't think I'm going to like it.

The Wind in the Willows
I don't think I've seen this one, but it looks promising.

I haven't seen it and it does not look promising.

Spirited Away
No likey Miyazaki.

Meet the Robinsons
One of my favorite movies. I voted for it in the Animation Countdown. I hope it'll do well here.

Ernest and Celestine
Also one of my favorite movies, though for whatever reason I've never watched it in French. I plan to change that this time.

Your Name
Makoto Shinkai makes some incredibly beautiful films, but his stories often fail to meet that standard of quality. I liked this movie, but definitely did not love it. We'll see what I think this time.

Tower
I don't think I'd ever even heard of this one.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
GREAT list!! Seen a good portion, a few I can't remember but happy to see on the list and one unknown.

Nominated by Ahwell ~ It's familiar, don't think I saw it, was this in a HoF or Tournament?

Sword in the Stone
Nominated by Rauldc14 ~ Been AGES since I saw this, should be fun

Wizards
Nominated by Siddon ~ remember getting happily stoned to this one. Crazy animation, should be a fun revisit.

The Wind in the Willows
Nominated by Hashtagbrownies ~ I MAY have seen it back when it came out, but can't remember; but looking forward to it

Nominated by Edarsenal ~ this is my nom, BE SURE to watch this dubbed, the voice actors, for me, are superior. It's a REAL hard so i'll be sending a safe link for all.

Spirited Away
Nominated by Ahwell ~ seen this a couple of times, I do enjoy and respect the artwork.

Meet the Robinsons
Nominated by Funny Face ~ took forever to finally decide and THEN to actually watch this -- rather liked it, gonna enjoy a second viewing

Ernest and Celestine
Nominated by Miss Vicky ~ I remember you discussing this a few years back, can't remember if I watched it or not; but do remember being intrigued by it

Your Name
Nominated by CosmicRunaway ~ I do believe I saw this a year ago. Excited for the 2nd viewing

Tower
2016 Nominated by Siddon ~ Completely unknown, but it's Siddon, so should be pretty wild.

I love Prince Achmed, Spirited Away and my nom.

Never heard of Wizards or Tower but they look good.

I've heard good things about Your Name, the Sword and the Stone, Meet the Robinsons and Ernest and Celestine.

I've always wanted to check out the Cowboy Bebop tv show so I guess this is the opportunity. Interesting considering I was going to nominate the End of Evangelion (Then I decided not to as you'd have to watch the first 24 episodes of the show to get it).

Sword in the Stone
I don't think I've seen this one.
Correction. I have seen it, but it wasn't memorable.

The Sword in the Stone (Wolfgang Reitherman, 1963)
Imdb

Date Watched: 1/17/17
Cinema or Home: Home
Reason For Watching: The Animation Tournament
Rewatch: No

So... yeah, thirty-five is not the right age to watch this movie for the first time. About thirty years ago would've been a good time. But that didn't happen for me and without nostalgia on its side I found the movie mostly irritating. The animation is not bad, but not great and while the songs were few, they were really annoying especially when Arthur sang. Also Merlin most definitely did not strike me as the greatest wizard, especially when Arthur was constantly put in peril because of Merlin's ineptitude. And his straight up abandonment of the boy near the end didn't put him in any favorable light for me. But, of course, being a Disney movie, everything worked out in the end.

There were a few scenes that I really enjoyed - like the wizard duel and the flirty squirrel - but overall this just wasn't for me. At least not adult me. I might've liked this had I seen it as a kid.

+
I will be watching it again, though.