Pets

Tools    

OMG. the OWNER is levitating the dog!!! Perhaps a scene from Stranger Things Season IV, El's College Rush. The mystery deepens!
Ok, I think this nonsense has gone on long enough now. There is no mystery, the dog is merely filled to the brim with helium as it suffers from brittle bone syndrome - again not an uncommon trait in Moppet Hounds - and this provides for a little temporary relief (usually about a half hour or so as the helium is gradually exuded in the urine). The bar you see is merely an aide to stop the beast from gaining too much height, should all of the animal rise above that height it may very well suffer from vertigo (yet another fairly common trait) so the owner needs to constantly monitor during treatment and when necessary give the hound a gentle nudge back towards Earth. The yellow part of the bar is merely an unfortunate consequence of a number of Moppet Hounds having required just such assistance in the past.

A little progress report.

I've been leaving the door to the room open during the day and so far Copper has only explored partway down the hall. He has developed a preference for Jasper's litterbox (which is near the room) over his own and has been sneaking over and using it when he has the chance. Well this evening Jasper caught him in the act. There was a staredown, but no hissing, posturing, or growling. Then Copper slinked back into the room and hid in his usual spot under the cat tree while Jasper wandered around the house yowling mournfully. (His life is SO HARD. )

Later on I got out Jasper's favorite toy and used it to coax him into the room where Copper stays. To my surprise, Copper came out and - cautiously - joined in on the fun. They didn't really interact with each other during the play session, but were very near to each other with no aggression. Of course as soon as I decided to record the goings on, Jasper decided he had enough and left.

I was able to catch a few seconds of it though. Forgive the mess (I need to clean the room, but don't want to scare Copper with a broom or vacuum) and forgive the crappy video quality. The camera on my iPod isn't great and it's hard to record with one hand while moving the toy with the other.

I love this story!!!!!!!!

Great progress happening here and we got a look at the two kitties. I was smiling and lol all through this progress report @Miss Vicky.

Poor Jasper is feeling a little jealous of the newcomer, tho I can't help but grin about his wailing- but I trust you give him an extra cuddle here and there. Glad to hear Copper is getting out of his room, and meeting what surely will be his future buddy. Great fun to hear about all this and to see the video. ALL cat pics and videos are welcome here.

You know I love almost all animals but I guess I love cats the best. There's something so endearing about the way they explore the world and new situations - slowly , cautiously, stepping so lightly and gracefully, but driven by curiosity. And when they finally feel confident and at home, and can reveal their affectionate and playful side - it's a well rewarded joy.

Please keep us posted with progress reports - you're doing a terrific job.

@Miss Vicky, presume you do scent-swapping?

@Miss Vicky, presume you do scent-swapping?
Nope. It's not a method I've ever used in the past and I don't see much point in incorporating it at this stage in the introductions.

Nope. It's not a method I've ever used in the past and I don't see much point in incorporating it at this stage in the introductions.
Never too early to start. Even if they’ve never seen each other (though yours have).
It really works well especially if accompanied by a treat. Gets them used to the smell of each other & associates each other with good things.

I rub one cat’s face & rub it on the face of the other. Always worked well for me.

doesn't have a name
one of the ten or more cats around my house
his blind from one eye
have a piggy tail
think's his brad pitt
not really my pet actually,
i just feed him and let him spread his laziness around
laziness concentrated at my front door
since his blind he have to be the nearest one to the door to catch the food
he doesn't petty himself, he might think every cat is like him

doesn't have a name
one of the ten or more cats around my house
Good God! Hope you’re not feeding 10+ cats without getting them fixed.

Where do you live? Can’t you get them in a shelter & get them inside? So dangerous to be outside.

that one is a little bit skinny actually, he born at my house
his mama just showed up with him when he was already a grown up
i just let them be, let nature take it's course
there course is taking sun baths in the yard during the morning
then take more sun baths in the yard during the afternoon
then sleep in the blankets in the garage
i live in portugal, very hot climate, they rarely catch a cold
when they do, i do nothing- they survive
i try to heal them- they die
i see all of them more often than most people that have them inside
i think i have a all bunch of cats on the way
but like this one i'll only see them when they're grown up probably
i don't have a hard time finding people to adopt them
i pity them when they leave, actually, goodbye freedom
a interesting thing (for me), this cat's mother was caught almost dying
my sister was at school, everyone was jerking with the cat, she brought it
i already had many cats back then, this was just another one
that was many years ago, she's still around, taking sun baths
very, very, very sleepy cat that is

dangerous, how?
my cats run the joint man, no other cat from outside have the guts
i have a yellow cat, that i like very much, i'll post pictures later on
he was much smaller than this one and no cat fuc'ed with him
he owned the zone, while small, what a bravery
he's always meauh'ing, he simply doesn't shut up
should i put them a collar and give them a name?
f- no. outside they hunt snakes, rats, they have so much to experience
i think they agree with me, i don't believe in owning animals, not now
that's what i don't like about those mother f-ers from animal's rights
they speak about rights and the next thing you know,
they are putting clothes on animals and think they own them
they spend the money i need to feed all the cats in a year in some class
they don't like circus and zoo's but they agree with having pets?
i'm more into animal rights and they don't even realize it
i also don't castrate, don't like it, don't like veterinaries
of course in january i have a hard time, but i try to hide the females

i also don't castrate, don't like it, don't like veterinaries
of course in january i have a hard time, but i try to hide the females
Crazy. But, each to his own, I guess.

I used to have a genuine pig, she was amazing! I like her voice like an alarm clock switching on when I came home with treats

Copper has been venturing all over the house, much to Jasper's annoyance. They're definitely still not friends and there's still some hissing, but they've gotten much more accustomed to each other.

I managed to capture this adorableness in the kitchen earlier:

Copper has been venturing all over the house, much to Jasper's annoyance. They're definitely still not friends and there's still some hissing, but they've gotten much more accustomed to each other.

I managed to capture this adorableness in the kitchen earlier:

Aaawwwwwwwwww- and lol. Yup this is about as adorable as you can get. And I just was thinking about asking how the new cat was doing- and here we are. Copper's really feeling much more at home - and I hope you're giving Jasper an extra compensatory cuddle or two - til they hopefully bond. (Is he still wailing?Well at least he's still 'top-cat' round the kitchen ) Actually this 'settling in' progress is coming along quite nicely. And quicker than you may realize.

Keep us posted please. Hoping they get more friendly in weeks to come.

They are two handsome boys btw.

I hope you're giving Jasper an extra compensatory cuddle or two - til they hopefully bond.
Jasper hates cuddles. Of course I cuddle him anyway, partly because all that fluff is irresistible and partly because it's fun to annoy him. I have been giving him extra brushing and playtime though.

Is he still wailing?
He stopped for awhile, but then started again. The one upside was that he waited until around 5 a.m. instead of the 1 or 2 a.m. he was doing before. Now that tensions have lessened between him and Jasper, I've started leaving him loose in the house at night and that seems to have put a stop to it. The only trouble is that he's still quite timid and hides a lot, so I have to go searching for him so I can bring him back into the room for his breakfast.

I sent the pic of him and Jasper to his foster mom and she sent me this photo back:

It's him with his sisters. Quite shocking to learn that such a shy kitty is part Siamese.

This is terrific. They’re getting there, for sure.

My 2 inside females after 4 years are not friends & never will be. They are totally indifferent to each other except for an occasional spat.

Came home to this:

Yay !!! Success ! And the apex of adorableness - I got a smile now wider than the Cheshire Cat. 😀

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Came home to this:
Kingsford. The glue that pulls families together every summer, the world over.

Now where's their grilled salmon is probably what they're asking each other.

Grats on the kitty bonding.