Best movies about serial killers?

Tools    

No contest.

Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

So somewhere between "black and white" and "old style" eh? Ok heres a few to try on...

American Psycho
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (seems obvious)
The Iceman
The Lovely Bones
The Dead Girl (more about the victims than the killer but an amazing movie)
I Saw the Devil
The Countess
Strangeland (not very good but definitely fits the genre)
Monster
Maniac

probably not remembering a million others.
Not mentioning silence of the lambs baffles me....

Not mentioning silence of the lambs baffles me....
Maann already said he's watched that in his first post. Why would I mention it again?

Hi guys, I would know new movies to watch about serial killers. (1970+, no black and white)
I saw many of them (Seven, Zodiac, Manhunter,the Silence of the lambs .. ecc) but maybe i left someone.
I don't like movies with too many special effects, I mean I prefer "old style" movies.. like seven!

Recommend me something, I will appreciate!
Thank you guys, have a good day!
Butterfly Kiss (1995)

I think you're missing out a lot on examples pre-1970s. M (1931) is very good.

Here are my top ten recommendations of Serial Killer movies you likely haven't seen

Targets (1968)
10 Rillington Place (1971)
Deep Red (1975)
Psycho II (1983)
The Exorcist III (1990)
Serial Mom (1994)
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon(2006)
The Poughkeepsie Tapes (2007)
Kill Theory (2009)
The Frozen Ground (2013)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Here are my top ten recommendations of Serial Killer movies you likely haven't seen
10 Rillington Place (1971)
Second time I saw that recommendation, and I just got done watching it. I loved it - great pace, acting, writing, no filler, no baloney.

Frailty (2002) is definitely a different take on the genre.
Loved that film. Wish Paxton had gotten to direct more films.

Can't believe nobody mentioned:

The Bone Collector

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Se7en.

I wasnt too fussed on SotL first time because I wasnt a fan of Jodie Foster until I saw it the second time (or maybe because I didnt appreciate her until Julianne Moore was cast because Dino didnt find Jodie sexy enough, and I didnt like Julianne at all).

Also, I took my ailing Dad to see Se7en and he was brought up as a strict catholic so that was fun to debrief about his reaction to it. Also I just loved what was in the box. That was the best surprise since seeing a box of kittens.

Hannibal

I must be half asleep this week not to have mentioned Wallander. I recommend either of the Swedish series and definitely the books.

You'll find some seriously brilliant stories in those.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I dones good with the recommendations?
Yes - I noticed I saw the first two you posted.. I thought "Targets" started really great, but the minute he got rid of his wife and mom, it went downhill.... I really, really loved "10 Rillington Place" -- thank you so much!

Originally Posted by Captain Steel
Motel Hell (1980)
I just happened to watch that the other night. Funny, albeit in a black humor way.

Cold in July is decent for a couple watches.

No Way to Treat a Lady (1968)

It's no secret to reveal that Rod Steiger is serial killer because he's revealed from the start to the finish. What's unique is that he disguises himself in different outfits for different walks of life in order to gain access to women's apartments in New York City. Steiger gets to show his range of acting that goes along with his costume. He plays cat-and-mouse with a detective (George Segal) that is the only person he'll talk to in order to give him hints so Rod can stay in the papers or news. The movie is available for sale on Amazon DVD starting at $46.97, which is ridiculous! It's also available to rent to watch on Amazon. It has a black humor feel to it, due to Steiger and Eileen Heckart as Segal's mom. It's worth watching. Quite a good movie.

Another serial killer movie where Rod Steiger has a role (albeit a supporting role0 is The January Man (1989), with Kevin Kline, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Susan Sarandon, Harvey Keitel, Rod Steiger, Danny Aiello (the last three who ham it up really good!), and Alan Rickman as a friend who helps Kevin Kline solve the serial murders. I really love this movie. It's got quite a bit of humor in it.

EDIT: No Way to Treat a Lady is also available for rental on YouTube

There are many. But the last one i watched was Citizen X. Quite liked it. Also The Chaser is awesome. Recent times, are there any good ones? I dont know. Haven't seen to many come out these days.